|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his grief, where did the author want to revisit?
(a) The places he and H. had been happiest.
(c) The United States.
2. What is the only thing, according to the author, that tests the reality of a belief?
(a) A real risk.
3. When was another time when the author enjoyed rambling walks?
(a) After the author's parents died.
(b) When he was a child.
(c) When he was a bachelor.
(d) When his children were younger.
4. In Chapter Four, what did the author say he finally experienced about H.?
(a) A reunion of lovers.
(b) A sense of joy.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her mind.
5. How does God seem to respond to the author's agony?
(a) With a sense of nearness to Lewis.
(b) With silence.
(c) With the gift of comfort.
(d) With a feeling that Lewis' wife continued to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose sake was the author's plea, "Come back"?
2. At the beginning of the third chapter, what does the author say is the reason he does not think about H. all the time?
3. Who is the main character in the book?
4. What does the author say is one of the miracles of love?
5. What does the author say happens when we experience any kind of pain?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)