|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does the author use to describe the strength of his belief of H.'s continuing existence?
(a) A rope.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A grave stone.
(d) A book.
2. Who tries to comfort Lewis with a biblical story about Jesus?
(b) A minister.
(c) Lewis' son.
(d) A friend.
3. What does the author say cannot compare with physical pain?
4. In Chapter Two, of whom does the author decide he needs to think more?
(c) His children.
5. In Chapter Three, why does the author conclude he wants H. back?
(a) To restore the author's past.
(b) Because the author is selfish.
(c) So the author's children will have their mother.
(d) To prove that God is all-powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose sake was the author's plea, "Come back"?
2. What does the author think lessens the horror of a terminal illness?
3. How does Lewis begin his reflections?
4. To what does the author compare falling in love with H.'s memory?
5. What kinds of mortal questions does the author think that God cannot answer?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)