|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state causes human beings to regard God falsely?
(a) The way God tests people.
(b) The devil.
(c) Organized religion.
(d) Tainted and depraved ideas.
2. In what discipline was the author educated?
(c) Medieval History.
3. What does the author think happens to our memories of people?
(a) The memories become more clear.
(b) We completely forget people.
(c) The memories act as substitutes for the people.
(d) The memories change over time.
4. What metaphor does the author use to describe the strength of his belief of H.'s continuing existence?
(a) A book.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A grave stone.
(d) A rope.
5. If sorrow does not require a map, what does it require?
(a) A history.
(b) A lecture.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A final statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author prefer to the "feelings, feelings, feelings"?
2. What kinds of mortal questions does the author think that God cannot answer?
3. What did H. say so often?
4. What does Lewis think people who grieve should do?
5. What does the author ask if he is doing with his fallen house of cards?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)