|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Two, what does the author think about his reflections?
(a) That the author is close to understanding why his wife died.
(b) They are senseless.
(c) That he is growing closer to God.
(d) That God will answer all of the author's questions.
2. Of what disease did H. die?
(d) Brain tumor.
3. What does Lewis think people who grieve should do?
(a) Talk to their pastors.
(b) Grit their teeth and get on with life.
(c) Remove themselves from society.
(d) Talk freely about their pain.
4. What is H.'s real name?
(a) Norma Lewis.
(b) Joy Gresham.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Helen Lewis.
5. What quality best characterizes the author's reflections?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the author think his suffering will last?
2. Who is the main character in the book?
3. What religious form would an introduction of a bad God take, according to the author?
4. To what ultimate fate does the author resign himself?
5. Who tries to comfort Lewis with a biblical story about Jesus?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)