|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
(a) Without sympathy.
(b) With sorrow.
(c) With eagerness.
(d) With embarrassment.
2. What literary genre is A Grief Observed?
3. Who reacts in shame when the author talks about his wife?
(a) Their sons.
(b) The author's minister.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's colleagues.
4. Of what disease did H. die?
(d) Brain tumor.
5. To what ultimate fate does the author resign himself?
(b) Understanding the meaning of life and death.
(c) Life with God.
(d) Reunion with H.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his grief, where did the author want to revisit?
2. How does the author say a mother who has lost a child responds to words of comfort about where the child is?
3. What does the author think lessens the horror of a terminal illness?
4. Who causes the author the most confusion?
5. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)