|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author ask if he is doing with his fallen house of cards?
(a) Rebuilding it.
(b) Seeking counseling to accept it.
(c) Burning the ruins.
(d) Leaving the devastation as it is.
2. How does the author decide he must consider death?
(a) As a permanent separation.
(b) As God's punishment.
(c) As an illusion.
(d) As a brief parting.
3. What does the author think it means if human suffering is unnecessary?
(a) That human suffering is an illusion.
(b) Either there is no God or He is bad.
(c) That Satan causes suffering.
(d) That humans bring on their own suffering.
4. What accounts for a mother's response to comforting words regarding a lost child?
(a) Detachment from death.
(b) Faith in God.
(c) Mothering instinct.
(d) Confidence in Scripture.
5. What did the author's friends call him?
(b) Clive Staples.
(c) C. S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author picture the "eternal somethings" that he and H. would be after this life?
2. In Chapter Two, what does the author say is one more name for death?
3. According to the author, what kind of faith cannot survive a serious challenge such as death?
4. In what way does the author crave to be touched by H.?
5. How do some of the author's friends try to console him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)