|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, to what does the author compare faith?
(a) A game of chess.
(b) A mysterious friendship.
(c) A dream state.
(d) A game of bridge.
2. When the author rereads his reflections, how does he react?
(a) He asks a friend to edit the work.
(b) He wants to stop his reflections.
(c) He scolds himself.
(d) He erases the reflections.
3. According to the author, what would happen if two lovers died at the exact some moment?
(a) They would still die alone.
(b) It would be as if they never died.
(c) They would go to Heaven together.
(d) They would not recognize each other.
4. What aspect of an afterlife does the author say differs completely from this life?
5. If death is real, what does the author conclude about it?
(a) That its existence is irrelevant.
(b) That the author has no reason to keep living.
(c) That God does not care if people die.
(d) That it matters more than anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, if any, were H.'s last words?
2. How does the author close the second chapter?
3. When does the author claim he is at his worst?
4. What does the author prefer to the "feelings, feelings, feelings"?
5. In Chapter Three, why does the author conclude he wants H. back?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)