|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jesus's agony on the cross recorded?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
(c) One of the author's textbooks.
(d) A Grief Observed.
2. In the third chapter, what does the author decide is happening to his wife in the next life?
(a) She is perfected in God's eyes.
(b) She has become an angel.
(c) God continues to "temper her."
(d) Absolutely nothing.
3. What does the author think about a God who has created a world of so much beauty?
(a) Such a God can do anything He chooses.
(b) Suffering is necessary to balance the beauty.
(c) Such a God could not give people senseless pain.
(d) Such a God is not interested in human suffering.
4. What experience helps the author make a decision about God's nature?
(a) H.'s suffering.
(b) When the author stops grieving.
(c) When God withholds His comfort.
(d) The author's suffering.
5. Whom does Lewis' sons remind him of?
(b) Their mother.
(c) Lewis' mother.
(d) Himself as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author conclude about the way that lovers feel about the other one's death?
2. Why does the author ask God to treat H. tenderly?
3. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
4. Where does the author determine holds no promise of a happy afterlife?
5. Where does the author feel his loss the most?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)