|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his grief, where did the author want to revisit?
(c) The places he and H. had been happiest.
(d) The United States.
2. What did the author's friends call him?
(b) Clive Staples.
(c) C. S.
3. How do some of the author's friends try to console him?
(a) With the promise of "reunions on the further shore."
(b) That H. is no longer suffering.
(c) That the author's children bring him comfort.
(d) That the author will love again.
4. Who is the main character in the book?
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) The two sons.
5. At the beginning of the third chapter, what does the author say is the reason he does not think about H. all the time?
(a) Work and conversation get in the way.
(b) His children take up his time.
(c) He is writing a book.
(d) He tries to distract himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose suffering troubles the author the most?
2. According to the author, what would happen if two lovers died at the exact some moment?
3. What does the author ask if he is doing with his fallen house of cards?
4. What action does the author say is useless if God hurts to heal?
5. What is the "state" of heaven, according to the author?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)