|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does the first chapter end with?
2. Rather than relying upon his memory of his wife, what does the author want?
(a) To dwell on her sweetness.
(b) To forget she ever lived.
(c) For God to return her.
(d) To replace her with a new partner.
3. What does the author think that H. would have thought must happen to weak faith?
(a) That weak faith has to grow stronger.
(b) That such faith must be knocked down.
(c) Religion must build up such faith.
(d) That such faith must be held closely.
4. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
(a) With eagerness.
(b) Without sympathy.
(c) With embarrassment.
(d) With sorrow.
5. When the author rereads his reflections, how does he react?
(a) He asks a friend to edit the work.
(b) He erases the reflections.
(c) He wants to stop his reflections.
(d) He scolds himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, if any, were H.'s last words?
2. What is Lewis' state of mind?
3. Why does the author ask God to treat H. tenderly?
4. In his grief, where did the author want to revisit?
5. What does the author think it means if human suffering is unnecessary?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)