|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what is the author finally able to do?
(a) Tend to his affairs.
(b) Talk to his children about H.
(c) Tidy up his house.
(d) Remember H. without forcing it.
2. According to the author, what kind of faith cannot survive a serious challenge such as death?
(a) The only kind of faith that is possible.
(b) A house of cards.
(c) The faith of the saints.
(d) An impossible faith.
3. As Chapter Three begins, what does the author record that he is afraid his grief will turn into?
(b) Unending sorrow.
(c) Distorted memories of H.
(d) Dead flatness.
4. What ancient civilization thought that embalming the dead lessened death's effect?
(a) Egyptian civilization.
(b) Grecian civilization.
(c) Celtic civilization.
(d) Roman civilization.
5. According to the author, what feeling does a dying person experience?
(a) Joy to be going to Heaven.
(b) Relief that pain will end.
(c) Sorrow to leave one's partner.
(d) Fear of destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, if he searched the universe for H., what would happen?
2. How will the author respond to being told the consolations of religion?
3. What is the "state" of heaven, according to the author?
4. What does the author think it means if human suffering is unnecessary?
5. What did H. say so often?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)