|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease took both of the author's parents?
(a) Old age.
(d) Heart disease.
2. How will the author respond to being told the consolations of religion?
(a) He will assume the speaker does not understand.
(b) He will be consoled.
(c) He will be persuaded.
(d) He will argue from Scripture.
3. To what does the author compare clinging to the memory of one who has died?
(a) Cold grave stones.
(b) Snow falling on objects, covering their identities.
(c) Death itself.
4. According to the author, what never repeats itself?
5. What physical condition does the author think his feelings resemble?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A severe headache.
(c) An ulcer.
(d) A concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second chapter, what person does the author come to realize he had little confidence in?
2. How does the author say a mother who has lost a child responds to words of comfort about where the child is?
3. What pseudonym did the author use?
4. What motivated the author's attempt to hit back at God?
5. Where does the author feel his loss the most?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)