|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience helps the author make a decision about God's nature?
(a) H.'s suffering.
(b) When the author stops grieving.
(c) When God withholds His comfort.
(d) The author's suffering.
2. What quality best characterizes the author's reflections?
3. In his grief, where did the author want to revisit?
(b) The places he and H. had been happiest.
(c) The United States.
4. What does the author state causes human beings to regard God falsely?
(a) Tainted and depraved ideas.
(b) Organized religion.
(c) The way God tests people.
(d) The devil.
5. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
(a) The author's friend.
(b) The author's father.
(c) One of the author's sons.
(d) The author's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author compare clinging to the memory of one who has died?
2. To what does the author compare falling in love with H.'s memory?
3. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
4. What does the author ask if he is doing with his fallen house of cards?
5. What is the "state" of heaven, according to the author?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)