1. Who is the main character in the book?
(a) C. S. Lewis.
(d) The two sons.
2. How does Lewis begin his reflections?
(a) By weeping.
(b) By describing his physical and mental state.
(c) By describing his friends' reactions.
(d) By shouting at God.
3. Who has just died?
(a) The author's best friend.
(b) The author's mother.
(c) The author's neighbor.
(d) The author's wife.
4. Who is H.?
(a) The author's wife.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) A friend from the author's past.
(d) A faculty member.
5. Who causes the author the most confusion?
(a) His sons.
(c) His friends.
6. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
(a) The author's friend.
(b) One of the author's sons.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's father.
7. What is Lewis' state of mind?
8. Who said, "Why have you forsaken me?"
(a) A friend.
(d) The author.
This section contains 4,813 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)