|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Richard Gibson say he was having a romantic relationship when he left Keldale at age nineteen?
(a) Olivia Odell.
(d) Stepha Odell.
2. What does Gillian put under Roberta's pillow before leaving Gembler Farm at age sixteen?
(a) A key.
(c) A locket that once belonged to their mother.
(d) Her favorite book of poems.
3. What is Roberta Teys' family nickname?
4. Why is Hank Watson in England?
(a) To get married.
(b) To research his family's geneaology.
(c) To attend a convention
(d) To celebrate his wedding anniversary.
5. What does Nigel Parrish do for a living?
(a) He raises sheep.
(b) He is an investment banker.
(c) He is an attorney.
(d) He is a music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers not want to have dinner where Stepha Odell has booked her and Inspector Lynley in Chapter 9?
2. What is Marsha Fitzalan's profession?
3. Who leaves Sergeant Havers' brother Tony alone in the hospital while he dies?
4. Why doesn't Father Hart tell the police about William Teys' abuse of his daughters when he first learns of it?
5. How does Stepha Odell describe Gillian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objections does Sergeant Barbara Havers have in Chapter 9 to dining at Keldale Hall?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, who does Superintendent Nies believe is responsible for William Teys' murder and how cooperative does he intend to be with Inspector Lynley's investigation of the case?
3. What happens when Deborah Allancourt-St. James and Inspector Lynley meet in the graveyard in Chapter 10?
4. Where has Inspector Lynley seen a photo of Russell Mowery, and what is Mowery's fate at the end of the book?
5. About what does Inspector Lynley confront Father Hart in Chapter 16, and how does the priest respond during the confrontation?
6. Of what trauma in Sergeant Barbara Havers' own family life do the revelations about Gillian and Roberta's suffering at the hands of their father arouse memories?
7. Where does Gillian get her alias Nell Graham and what relevance does the fictional Helen Graham have to Gillian?
8. What is Testament House and what tie does Gillian Teys have to the institution?
9. In Chapter 13, why does Sergeant Barbara Havers think Roberta Teys went to Keldale Hall to read the newspaper?
10. What secret does Richard Gibson reveal in Cha,pter 10 about his relationship with his cousin Gillian?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)