|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caroline?
(a) Sopha Odell's maid.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
(c) Olivia Odell's best friend.
(d) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
2. What is Father Hart's religion?
3. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
(a) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
(b) Inspector Lynley.
(c) Superintendent Webberly.
(d) Lady Helen Clyde.
4. What is Richard Gibson's relationship to William Teys?
(a) Richard is William's nephew.
(b) Richard is William's landlord.
(c) Richard is William's employer.
(d) Richard is William's stepson.
5. What do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers find hidden between Roberta Teys' mattress and box springs at her family's farm?
(a) A letter from Gillian Teys, proving Gillian is still alive.
(b) Rotting food.
(c) A letter from Tessa Teys, proving Tessa is still alive.
(d) A diary detailing her father's abuse of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disease does Sergeant Barbara Havers' mother suffer?
2. What food does Lady Helen Clyde offer Sergeant Barbara Havers in Chapter 2?
3. Who owns Keldale Hall?
4. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
5. What business does Stepha Odell own and operate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a library filled with books at Gembler Farm?
2. How long has Russell Mowrey been missing and what is significance about the date on which he disappeared?
3. How do Hank and JoJo Watson differ from Simon and Deborah Allcourt-St. James?
4. Why is Sergeant Barbara Havers put "back in uniform" eight month before the Teys murder?
5. Why does Father Hart believe Roberta Teys did not kill her father despite her confession that she did?
6. Who is Lady Helen Clyde?
7. From whose wedding does Sergeant Barbara Havers retrieve Inspector Lynley for a meeting with their superiors at Scotland Yard, and what evidence is there that there is tension between Lynley and the bride and groom?
8. To whom has a shrine been built at Gembler Farm, and why is this shrine a red herring?
9. How does Chief Superintendent Nies feel about Inspector Lynley, and what reason does Lynley give Sergeant Havers for Nies' dislike of him?
10. What does Tessa Mowrey tell Inspector Lynley about her marriage to William Teys?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)