|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Simon Allcourt-St. James?
(a) Simon is Lady Helen's chauffeur.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) Lady Helen is Simon's lab assistant.
(d) They are neighbors.
2. Who discovers William Teys' body?
(a) Stepha Odell.
(b) Father Hart.
(c) Gillian Teys.
(d) Olivia Odell.
3. What is Richard Gibson's relationship to William Teys?
(a) Richard is William's landlord.
(b) Richard is William's employer.
(c) Richard is William's nephew.
(d) Richard is William's stepson.
4. How old is Bridie Odell?
5. To whom is William Teys engaged at the time of his death?
(a) Olivia Odell.
(b) Stepha Odell.
(c) Lady Helen Clyde.
(d) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is William Teys murdered?
2. Whose death does Chief Superintendent fail to mention in his report about William Teys' murder?
3. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
4. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
5. What does Jimmy Havers refuse to do, even though it would improve his health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sergeant Barbara Havers' opinion of Inspector Thomas "Tommy" Lynley?
2. Why does Inspector Lynley feel guilty about the permanent crippling of his close friend Simon Allancourt-St. James?
3. Who is Harry Houseman and what does he reveal to Inspector Lynley?
4. To whom has a shrine been built at Gembler Farm, and why is this shrine a red herring?
5. What experience has Danny, the maid at Keldale Hall, had with a crying baby at Keldate Abbey?
6. Why does Sergeant Havers think Superintendent Webberly assigns her to work with Inspector Lynley on the investigation of William Teys' murder?
7. Why does Father Hart believe Roberta Teys did not kill her father despite her confession that she did?
8. In Chapter 6, what upsets Inspector Lynley about how Roberta Teys is being treated after confessing to her father's murder?
9. What does Tessa Mowrey tell Inspector Lynley about her marriage to William Teys?
10. What is the legend of the ghost of Keldale Abbey that dates back to the era of Cromwell?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)