|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 5, to where does Stepha Odell inform Inspector Lynley that Roberta Teys has been sent?
(a) The local jail.
(b) The hospital emergency ward.
(c) A mental asylum.
(d) Scotland Yard.
2. Who is Nigel Parrish?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A local bartender.
(c) A local horse trainer.
(d) A local music teacher.
3. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
(a) She's Roberta's classmate.
(b) She's Roberta's teacher.
(c) She's Roberta's friend.
(d) She's Roberta's older sister.
4. On what day of the week is William Teys murdered?
5. What do Danny and Ezra Farmington find at Keldale Abbey three years prior to William Teys' murder?
(a) An abandoned baby.
(b) A suitcase filled with counterfeit money.
(c) A stolen emerald necklace.
(d) A murdered priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
2. Who is Dr. Samuels?
3. What is given to Roberta Teys in her father's will?
4. What honor does Superintendent Webberly's wife want him to acquire?
5. How old is Father Hart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hank and JoJo Watson differ from Simon and Deborah Allcourt-St. James?
2. What does Sergeant Barbara Havers look like?
3. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a library filled with books at Gembler Farm?
4. In Chapter 6, what upsets Inspector Lynley about how Roberta Teys is being treated after confessing to her father's murder?
5. What disagreement between police officers Nies and Kerridge results in Father Hart traveling to London?
6. Who is in the mysterious photograph that Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers find at Gembler Farm and why was this person cut out of the other Teys family photographs?
7. What happens when Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Havers' visit with Roberta Teys in Chapter 8, and how do these events alter Havers' opinion of Lynley?
8. Why does Stepha Odell think Roberta visited Keldale Lodge every day?
9. What is the legend of the ghost of Keldale Abbey that dates back to the era of Cromwell?
10. In the book's opening scene, how does Father Hart imagine that the old woman sitting across from him on the train perceives him?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)