|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
(a) Stepha is Olivia's sister.
(b) Stepha is Olivia's sister-in-law.
(c) Stepha is Olivia's mother.
(d) Stepha is Olivia's daughter.
2. Why is the person arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace freed from jail?
(a) His wife romances a wealthy man with political influence.
(b) Someone else confesses to the crime.
(c) A videotape proving the person's innocence is found.
(d) He bribes his jailer.
3. Who is Caroline?
(a) Sopha Odell's maid.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
(c) Olivia Odell's best friend.
(d) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
4. How do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers travel to Yorkshire in Chapter 5?
(a) Via motorcycle.
(b) Via plane.
(c) Via taxi.
(d) Via train.
5. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
6. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
7. How old is Father Hart?
8. From what disease does Sergeant Barbara Havers' mother suffer?
9. What hangs on the wall of Stepha Odell's business?
(a) Tapestries with biblical scenes on them.
(b) Pictures of Paul Odell.
(c) Pictures of William Teys.
(d) Paintings by Ezra Farmington.
10. To what city is Father Hart traveling by train in the novel's opening scene?
11. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
(a) He's a police officer.
(b) He's a farmer.
(c) He's an artist.
(d) He's a tailor.
12. From what disease does Jimmy Havers suffer?
13. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
14. What is the beverage that Stepha Odell calls Odell's?
(a) A mixture of coffee and butterscotch with whipped cream.
(b) A home-brewed ale made according to her father's recipe.
(c) A mixture of hot tea and rum.
(d) A fruit punch with fresh raspberries and strawberries.
15. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(a) New Scotland Yard.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
2. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
3. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
4. Who is Dougal?
5. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)