|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What photographs hanging on the walls of Superintendent Webberly's office are studied by Inspector Lynley in Chapter 3?
(a) Photos of the royal family of England.
(b) Photos of the Ripper's victims.
(c) Photos of a beautiful young actress.
(d) Photos of Superintendent Webberly's pet cat.
2. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
(a) King's Cross.
3. Who is the only person that Chief Inspector Nies says he and Chief Constable Kerridge can trust to give New Scotland Yard the facts about the murder of William Teys?
(a) Roberta Teys.
(b) Richard Gibson.
(c) Stepha Odell.
(d) Father Hart.
4. In what part of England has William Teys been murdered?
5. Where do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers encounter Denton in Chapter 5?
(a) At a London pub.
(b) A train station cafeteria.
(c) At Scotland Yard.
(d) At St. Catherine's Church.
6. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers think she has been chosen to work with Lynley on the investigation of the murder of William Teys?
(a) She's from the village where the murder occurred.
(b) She has experience as a forensics investigator.
(c) She's too unattractive to tempt him.
(d) She's being given a promotion.
7. Why is Chief Inspector Nies angry with his superior officer, Chief Constable Kerridge?
(a) Kerridge denies him a promotion.
(b) Kerridge makes him free an accused murderer.
(c) Kerridge owes him money from a poker game.
(d) Kerridge steals his girlfriend.
8. What does Jimmy Havers refuse to do, even though it would improve his health?
(a) Stop smoking.
(b) Lose weight.
(d) Eat less fat and more green vegetables.
9. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
(a) She's Roberta's teacher.
(b) She's Roberta's older sister.
(c) She's Roberta's classmate.
(d) She's Roberta's friend.
10. Who is Danny?
(a) The Teys family dog.
(b) Inspector Lynley's adopted son.
(c) The maid at Keldale Hall.
(d) Sergeant Barbara Havers' brother.
11. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
(a) The Teys family is illiterate.
(b) Father Hart and William Teys burn non-bibical books.
(c) William Teys allows no books but the Bible for his family.
(d) Stepha Odell says Roberta had no books to read at home.
12. What is Danny's relationship to Ezra Farmington?
(a) She's Ezra's roommate.
(b) She's Ezra's model.
(c) She's Ezra's classmate.
(d) She's Ezra's girlfriend.
13. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(b) Diet cola.
(c) Iced tea.
(d) Tonic water.
14. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Roberta Teys.
(b) Ezra Farmington.
(c) Richard Gibson.
(d) Russel Mowery.
15. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(a) New Scotland Yard.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
2. Who is Caroline?
3. How old is Bridie Odell?
4. Who confesses to William Teys' murder?
5. To what city is Father Hart traveling by train in the novel's opening scene?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)