|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of London does Sergeant Barbara Havers live?
2. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
(a) The Railway Plague.
(b) The Railway Ripper.
(c) The Caboose Killer.
(d) The Train Station Strangler.
3. Who is Danny?
(a) The Teys family dog.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers' brother.
(c) The maid at Keldale Hall.
(d) Inspector Lynley's adopted son.
4. When Bridie Odell cuts her hair, whose hairstyle is she trying to copy?
(b) Her mother's.
(d) Diana, Princess of Wales.
5. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Simon Allcourt-St. James?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) Lady Helen is Simon's lab assistant.
(c) Simon is Lady Helen's chauffeur.
(d) They are siblings.
6. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
(a) Stepha is Olivia's sister-in-law.
(b) Stepha is Olivia's daughter.
(c) Stepha is Olivia's sister.
(d) Stepha is Olivia's mother.
7. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
(a) Teys Manor.
(b) Starring Hill Farm.
(c) Gembler Farm.
(d) Rose Cottage.
8. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
(a) The Teys family is illiterate.
(b) Father Hart and William Teys burn non-bibical books.
(c) Stepha Odell says Roberta had no books to read at home.
(d) William Teys allows no books but the Bible for his family.
9. What food served at the Dove and Whistle pub reminds Sergeant Barbara Havers of her family's squalid home?
(b) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Chicken and peas.
(d) Shepherd's pie.
10. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
(a) William Teys.
(b) Inspector Lynley.
(c) Ezra Farmington.
(d) Tessa Mowery.
11. At the end of Chapter 5, to where does Stepha Odell inform Inspector Lynley that Roberta Teys has been sent?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) A mental asylum.
(c) The local jail.
(d) The hospital emergency ward.
12. What hangs on the wall of Stepha Odell's business?
(a) Tapestries with biblical scenes on them.
(b) Pictures of William Teys.
(c) Pictures of Paul Odell.
(d) Paintings by Ezra Farmington.
13. During his train ride in the opening scene, what is Father Hart holding in his lap?
(a) A battered attache case.
(b) A laptop computer.
(c) A wounded kitten.
(d) A crying baby.
14. What does Jimmy Havers sneak over to Mr. Patel's convenience store to purchase?
(c) Lottery tickets.
15. What is given to Roberta Teys in her father's will?
(a) The family dog, Whiskers.
(b) The right to live on the family farm for life.
(c) Her mother's pearl earrings.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Inspector Lynley think he has seen Russell Mowrey?
2. To whom is a shrine erected at the Teys family farm?
3. From what disease does Sergeant Barbara Havers' mother suffer?
4. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
5. Why has Inspector Lynley chosen to work at Scotland Yard rather than on his wealthy family's estate?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)