|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers encounter Denton in Chapter 5?
(a) At St. Catherine's Church.
(b) At Scotland Yard.
(c) A train station cafeteria.
(d) At a London pub.
2. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
3. Who owns Keldale Hall?
(a) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(b) Olivia Odell.
(c) Sopha Odell.
(d) Tessa Mowery.
4. Who is the only person that Chief Inspector Nies says he and Chief Constable Kerridge can trust to give New Scotland Yard the facts about the murder of William Teys?
(a) Richard Gibson.
(b) Roberta Teys.
(c) Stepha Odell.
(d) Father Hart.
5. In what part of London does Sergeant Barbara Havers live?
6. What about the treatment of Roberta Teys upsets Inspector Lynley in Chapter 6?
(a) She is kept in a filthy, rat-infested cell.
(b) She is being denied medicine that she needs.
(c) Food is being withheld from her.
(d) She's not given a psychiatric exam or an attorney.
7. Which relative of William Teys will inherit the Teys family farm?
(b) Richard Gibson.
8. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
(a) Chief Inspector Detective.
(b) Central Intelligence Department.
(c) Criminal Isolation Department.
(d) Criminal Investigation Division.
9. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
(a) Inspector Lynley.
(b) Ezra Farmington.
(c) Tessa Mowery.
(d) William Teys.
10. What is Father Hart's religion?
11. Why has Sergeant Barbara Havers been demoted from CID and put back into uniform?
(a) She couldn't get along with her fellow officers.
(b) She was caught embezzling from the city.
(c) She let a notorious murderer escape.
(d) She was arrested for drunk driving.
12. How is William Teys murdered?
(a) He's decapitated with an ax.
(b) He is beaten with a golf club.
(c) He's shot with a rifle.
(d) He is strangled with a belt.
13. How do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers travel to Yorkshire in Chapter 5?
(a) Via plane.
(b) Via taxi.
(c) Via train.
(d) Via motorcycle.
14. What is the first name of Richard Gibson's wife?
15. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
2. What is the beverage that Stepha Odell calls Odell's?
3. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
4. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
5. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)