|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is William Teys murdered?
2. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Ezra Farmington.
(b) Roberta Teys.
(c) Richard Gibson.
(d) Russel Mowery.
3. What food served at the Dove and Whistle pub reminds Sergeant Barbara Havers of her family's squalid home?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Shepherd's pie.
(d) Chicken and peas.
4. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
(a) Tessa Mowery.
(b) William Teys.
(c) Ezra Farmington.
(d) Inspector Lynley.
5. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
(a) Father Hart and William Teys burn non-bibical books.
(b) Stepha Odell says Roberta had no books to read at home.
(c) William Teys allows no books but the Bible for his family.
(d) The Teys family is illiterate.
6. What legend does Danny tell Simon and Deborah Allcourt-St. James about Keldale Abbey?
(a) A nun and a priest once fell in love there.
(b) The ghost of a crying baby haunts the place.
(c) Henry VIII courted Anne Boleyn there.
(d) A medieval priest performed healing miracles there.
7. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
(a) That he's a genius.
(b) That he's inept.
(c) That he's an alcoholic.
(d) That he's a womanizer.
8. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
(d) King's Cross.
9. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
(a) Criminal Investigation Division.
(b) Criminal Isolation Department.
(c) Chief Inspector Detective.
(d) Central Intelligence Department.
10. What is Father Hart's religion?
11. What is given to Roberta Teys in her father's will?
(a) The right to live on the family farm for life.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Her mother's pearl earrings.
(d) The family dog, Whiskers.
12. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Iced tea.
(c) Diet cola.
(d) Tonic water.
13. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's an investment agent.
(b) He's a veterinarian.
(c) He's a movie producer.
(d) He's a forensic scientist.
14. In Chapter 8, how long has Russell Mowrey been missing?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
15. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
(a) The Train Station Strangler.
(b) The Railway Plague.
(c) The Caboose Killer.
(d) The Railway Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about the photos Inspector Lynley finds in the Teys family photo album?
2. In Chapter 2, what event is Lynley attending when Sergeant Havers must summon him back to London for a meeting with their superiors?
3. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
4. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
5. What is the first name of Richard Gibson's wife?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)