|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Ezra Farmington.
(b) Russel Mowery.
(c) Richard Gibson.
(d) Roberta Teys.
2. What does Deborah Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) She's a photographer.
(b) She's a pianist.
(c) She's an accountant.
(d) She's a teacher.
3. What does Jimmy Havers refuse to do, even though it would improve his health?
(a) Lose weight.
(b) Eat less fat and more green vegetables.
(d) Stop smoking.
4. To whom is William Teys engaged at the time of his death?
(a) Stepha Odell.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde.
(c) Olivia Odell.
(d) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
5. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
(a) The murder victim's chef.
(b) The murder victim's physician.
(c) The murder victim's son-in-law.
(d) The murder victim's chauffeur.
6. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
(a) She's Roberta's friend.
(b) She's Roberta's teacher.
(c) She's Roberta's older sister.
(d) She's Roberta's classmate.
7. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
(a) Lady Helen Clyde.
(b) Superintendent Webberly.
(c) Inspector Lynley.
(d) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
8. What food served at the Dove and Whistle pub reminds Sergeant Barbara Havers of her family's squalid home?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Chicken and peas.
(d) Shepherd's pie.
9. Who is the only person that Chief Inspector Nies says he and Chief Constable Kerridge can trust to give New Scotland Yard the facts about the murder of William Teys?
(a) Roberta Teys.
(b) Stepha Odell.
(c) Father Hart.
(d) Richard Gibson.
10. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
11. What do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers find hidden between Roberta Teys' mattress and box springs at her family's farm?
(a) Rotting food.
(b) A letter from Gillian Teys, proving Gillian is still alive.
(c) A diary detailing her father's abuse of her.
(d) A letter from Tessa Teys, proving Tessa is still alive.
12. During his train ride in the opening scene, what is Father Hart holding in his lap?
(a) A battered attache case.
(b) A crying baby.
(c) A wounded kitten.
(d) A laptop computer.
13. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
(a) Rose Cottage.
(b) Gembler Farm.
(c) Starring Hill Farm.
(d) Teys Manor.
14. What is Denton's relationship to Inspector Lynley?
(a) He's Lynley's valet.
(b) He's Lynley's insurance agent.
(c) He's Lynley's banker.
(d) He's Lynley's barber.
15. What is the relationship between Superintendent Webberly and Sir David Hillier?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are coworkers and brothers-in-law.
(c) They are stepbrothers.
(d) They are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Danny?
2. What color hair does Stepha Odell have?
3. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
4. What business does Stepha Odell own and operate?
5. How old is Father Hart?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)