|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
(a) The murder victim's son-in-law.
(b) The murder victim's chef.
(c) The murder victim's chauffeur.
(d) The murder victim's physician.
2. Whose death does Chief Superintendent fail to mention in his report about William Teys' murder?
(a) Paul Odell's death.
(b) Tessa Teys' death.
(c) Whiskers, the Teys family dog's death.
(d) Russell Mowery's death.
3. Who is Dr. Samuels?
(a) Jimmy Havers' doctor.
(b) Roberta Teys' psychiatrist at the asylum.
(c) Paul Odell's doctor.
(d) A history professor who once taught Gillian.
4. What does Jimmy Havers refuse to do, even though it would improve his health?
(a) Eat less fat and more green vegetables.
(b) Stop smoking.
(d) Lose weight.
5. What do the toxicology reports indicate are in William Teys' blood at the time of his murder?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(d) Rat poisoning.
6. How do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers travel to Yorkshire in Chapter 5?
(a) Via plane.
(b) Via motorcycle.
(c) Via taxi.
(d) Via train.
7. What is the first name of Richard Gibson's wife?
8. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
9. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Inspector Lynley?
(a) They are having a romance.
(b) They are adopting a child together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are coworkers.
10. During his train ride in the opening scene, what is Father Hart holding in his lap?
(a) A battered attache case.
(b) A wounded kitten.
(c) A laptop computer.
(d) A crying baby.
11. Where does Roberta Teys go every day to read the local paper?
(a) Rose Cottage.
(b) The Keldale library.
(c) Keldale Lodge.
(d) St. Catherine's Church.
12. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
(a) Stepha is Olivia's daughter.
(b) Stepha is Olivia's sister.
(c) Stepha is Olivia's mother.
(d) Stepha is Olivia's sister-in-law.
13. What does Jimmy Havers sneak over to Mr. Patel's convenience store to purchase?
(d) Lottery tickets.
14. What is strange about the photos Inspector Lynley finds in the Teys family photo album?
(a) Someone has been cut out of many of them.
(b) They have been glued together in a big wad.
(c) They have been painted red.
(d) They have big purple X's painted on them.
15. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
(a) She's Roberta's older sister.
(b) She's Roberta's friend.
(c) She's Roberta's teacher.
(d) She's Roberta's classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how long has Russell Mowrey been missing?
2. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
3. Who is Dougal?
4. What color hair does Stepha Odell have?
5. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)