|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of Sergeant Barbara Havers has died of leukemia?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
2. When Bridie Odell cuts her hair, whose hairstyle is she trying to copy?
(b) Diana, Princess of Wales.
(d) Her mother's.
3. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
(a) The murder victim's physician.
(b) The murder victim's son-in-law.
(c) The murder victim's chef.
(d) The murder victim's chauffeur.
4. From what disease does Sergeant Barbara Havers' mother suffer?
5. What food does Lady Helen Clyde offer Sergeant Barbara Havers in Chapter 2?
(a) Salmon croquettes.
(b) Roast venison.
(c) Crab salad.
(d) Lobster bisque.
6. Which relative of William Teys will inherit the Teys family farm?
(b) Richard Gibson.
7. At the end of Chapter 5, to where does Stepha Odell inform Inspector Lynley that Roberta Teys has been sent?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The hospital emergency ward.
(c) The local jail.
(d) A mental asylum.
8. Who is Nigel Parrish?
(a) A local bartender.
(b) A local music teacher.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A local horse trainer.
9. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's a veterinarian.
(b) He's a forensic scientist.
(c) He's an investment agent.
(d) He's a movie producer.
10. Who is Dougal?
(a) The local constable.
(b) Bridie Odell's pet duck.
(c) Bridie Odell's pet cat.
(d) Stepha Odell's gardener.
11. Who leaves the village of Keldale for several years to learn to grow barley?
(a) Richard Gibson.
(b) Ezra Farmington.
(c) Russell Mowery.
(d) Nigel Parrish.
12. Why has Inspector Lynley chosen to work at Scotland Yard rather than on his wealthy family's estate?
(a) His parents were murdered, so he pursues criminals.
(b) He wants to be useful and make a contribution.
(c) His family has disowned him and he needs a job.
(d) He was no good at farming.
13. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(a) New Scotland Yard.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Red Cross.
14. What business does Stepha Odell own and operate?
(a) The village floral shop.
(b) Keldale Lodge.
(c) Arrington Manor.
(d) The village tea shop.
15. What does Deborah Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) She's an accountant.
(b) She's a teacher.
(c) She's a photographer.
(d) She's a pianist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Superintendent Webberly and Sir David Hillier?
2. Who owns Keldale Hall?
3. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
4. What does Jimmy Havers sneak over to Mr. Patel's convenience store to purchase?
5. Why is Chief Inspector Nies angry with his superior officer, Chief Constable Kerridge?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)