|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nigel Parrish?
(a) A local horse trainer.
(b) A local music teacher.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A local bartender.
2. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Roberta Teys.
(b) Russel Mowery.
(c) Ezra Farmington.
(d) Richard Gibson.
3. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
(a) That he's inept.
(b) That he's a womanizer.
(c) That he's an alcoholic.
(d) That he's a genius.
4. What legend does Danny tell Simon and Deborah Allcourt-St. James about Keldale Abbey?
(a) A medieval priest performed healing miracles there.
(b) A nun and a priest once fell in love there.
(c) The ghost of a crying baby haunts the place.
(d) Henry VIII courted Anne Boleyn there.
5. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
(a) Inspector Lynley.
(b) Ezra Farmington.
(c) William Teys.
(d) Tessa Mowery.
6. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
(a) Stepha is Olivia's sister.
(b) Stepha is Olivia's sister-in-law.
(c) Stepha is Olivia's daughter.
(d) Stepha is Olivia's mother.
7. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
8. Why is evidence of Gillian's existence destroyed by her father?
(a) Gillian was wild and has run away, infuriating her father.
(b) Gillian is illegitimate.
(c) Gillian is not William Teys' child.
(d) Gillian is in hiding from the police.
9. What is the relationship between Superintendent Webberly and Sir David Hillier?
(a) They are stepbrothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are coworkers and brothers-in-law.
(d) They are best friends.
10. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
11. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's a veterinarian.
(b) He's an investment agent.
(c) He's a movie producer.
(d) He's a forensic scientist.
12. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
13. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
(a) Starring Hill Farm.
(b) Rose Cottage.
(c) Teys Manor.
(d) Gembler Farm.
14. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Inspector Lynley?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are having a romance.
(c) They are coworkers.
(d) They are adopting a child together.
15. What honor does Superintendent Webberly's wife want him to acquire?
(a) A knighthood.
(b) A promotion to Chief Superintendent.
(c) A commendation from the queen.
(d) A raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of William Teys will inherit the Teys family farm?
2. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
3. What relative of William Teys thought by Lynley and Havers to be dead is still alive according to Olivia Odell?
4. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
5. When Bridie Odell cuts her hair, whose hairstyle is she trying to copy?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)