|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Russel Mowery.
(b) Roberta Teys.
(c) Richard Gibson.
(d) Ezra Farmington.
2. Who is Caroline?
(a) Sopha Odell's maid.
(b) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
(c) Olivia Odell's best friend.
(d) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
3. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) New Scotland Yard.
4. What is the first name of Richard Gibson's wife?
5. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
6. In Chapter 2, what event is Lynley attending when Sergeant Havers must summon him back to London for a meeting with their superiors?
(a) Lady Helen Clyde's birthday party.
(b) His niece's baptism.
(c) Simon Allancourt-St. James' wedding.
(d) His father's retirement party.
7. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
(a) Gembler Farm.
(b) Teys Manor.
(c) Rose Cottage.
(d) Starring Hill Farm.
8. What is Richard Gibson's relationship to William Teys?
(a) Richard is William's stepson.
(b) Richard is William's landlord.
(c) Richard is William's nephew.
(d) Richard is William's employer.
9. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
(a) Central Intelligence Department.
(b) Criminal Isolation Department.
(c) Criminal Investigation Division.
(d) Chief Inspector Detective.
10. From what disease does Jimmy Havers suffer?
11. With whom does Stepha Odell suspect that Roberta has been in love?
(a) Nigel Parrish.
(b) Russel Mowery.
(c) Paul Odell.
(d) Ezra Farmington.
12. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
(a) He's a tailor.
(b) He's a police officer.
(c) He's a farmer.
(d) He's an artist.
13. What is Gillian's relationship to Roberta Teys?
(a) She's Roberta's teacher.
(b) She's Roberta's friend.
(c) She's Roberta's classmate.
(d) She's Roberta's older sister.
14. What relative of Sergeant Barbara Havers has died of leukemia?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her brother.
15. Where do Simon Allcourt-St. James and his new bride stay during their honeymoon?
(a) The London Ritz Carlton.
(b) Finley Abbey.
(c) Keldale Lodge.
(d) Keldale Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
2. What is given to Roberta Teys in her father's will?
3. Who is the only person that Chief Inspector Nies says he and Chief Constable Kerridge can trust to give New Scotland Yard the facts about the murder of William Teys?
4. Who confesses to William Teys' murder?
5. How old is Father Hart?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)