|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
(a) Lady Helen Clyde.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
(c) Inspector Lynley.
(d) Superintendent Webberly.
2. What hangs on the wall of Stepha Odell's business?
(a) Pictures of William Teys.
(b) Tapestries with biblical scenes on them.
(c) Pictures of Paul Odell.
(d) Paintings by Ezra Farmington.
3. To what city is Father Hart traveling by train in the novel's opening scene?
4. In what part of London does Sergeant Barbara Havers live?
5. What business does Stepha Odell own and operate?
(a) Arrington Manor.
(b) The village floral shop.
(c) Keldale Lodge.
(d) The village tea shop.
6. What is the name of the Teys family farm?
(a) Teys Manor.
(b) Gembler Farm.
(c) Rose Cottage.
(d) Starring Hill Farm.
7. What is Father Hart's religion?
8. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
(a) King's Cross.
9. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
(a) The Railway Plague.
(b) The Railway Ripper.
(c) The Caboose Killer.
(d) The Train Station Strangler.
10. Whose death does Chief Superintendent fail to mention in his report about William Teys' murder?
(a) Tessa Teys' death.
(b) Paul Odell's death.
(c) Whiskers, the Teys family dog's death.
(d) Russell Mowery's death.
11. What food does Lady Helen Clyde offer Sergeant Barbara Havers in Chapter 2?
(a) Salmon croquettes.
(b) Crab salad.
(c) Roast venison.
(d) Lobster bisque.
12. What is the relationship between Simon Allcourt-St. James and Inspector Lynley?
(a) They're best friends.
(b) They're stepbrothers.
(c) They're enemies.
(d) They're cousins.
13. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's a forensic scientist.
(b) He's a movie producer.
(c) He's a veterinarian.
(d) He's an investment agent.
14. Who discovers William Teys' body?
(a) Stepha Odell.
(b) Olivia Odell.
(c) Father Hart.
(d) Gillian Teys.
15. On what day of the week is William Teys murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
2. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
3. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
4. What do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers find hidden between Roberta Teys' mattress and box springs at her family's farm?
5. Why is evidence of Gillian's existence destroyed by her father?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)