Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dougal?
(a) Stepha Odell's gardener.
(b) The local constable.
(c) Bridie Odell's pet cat.
(d) Bridie Odell's pet duck.
2. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
(d) King's Cross.
3. Who is Nigel Parrish?
(a) A local music teacher.
(b) A local horse trainer.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A local bartender.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard Gibson?
(a) Six and a half feet tall.
(b) Black hair, brown eyes, and swarthy skin.
(c) Bull-necked with the thick limbs of a labourer.
(d) Missing two front teeth.
5. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers think she has been chosen to work with Lynley on the investigation of the murder of William Teys?
(a) She's from the village where the murder occurred.
(b) She's being given a promotion.
(c) She's too unattractive to tempt him.
(d) She has experience as a forensics investigator.
6. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
(a) Lady Helen Clyde.
(b) Inspector Lynley.
(c) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
(d) Superintendent Webberly.
7. What does Deborah Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) She's a teacher.
(b) She's a pianist.
(c) She's a photographer.
(d) She's an accountant.
8. What is Danny's relationship to Ezra Farmington?
(a) She's Ezra's girlfriend.
(b) She's Ezra's classmate.
(c) She's Ezra's model.
(d) She's Ezra's roommate.
9. In Chapter 8, how long has Russell Mowrey been missing?
(a) Two months.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
10. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
(a) The Caboose Killer.
(b) The Railway Ripper.
(c) The Railway Plague.
(d) The Train Station Strangler.
11. How do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers travel to Yorkshire in Chapter 5?
(a) Via train.
(b) Via plane.
(c) Via motorcycle.
(d) Via taxi.
12. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
13. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
(a) That he's a genius.
(b) That he's an alcoholic.
(c) That he's inept.
(d) That he's a womanizer.
14. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Diet cola.
(b) Tonic water.
(d) Iced tea.
15. What evidence is lacking at the scene of William Teys' murder?
(a) Fingerprints and blood spatter.
(c) The murder weapon.
(d) Videotape from the security camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Father Hart?
2. Who are Hank and JoJo Watson?
3. Who owns Keldale Hall?
4. Why is evidence of Gillian's existence destroyed by her father?
5. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)