|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Richard Gibson's wife?
2. What food served at the Dove and Whistle pub reminds Sergeant Barbara Havers of her family's squalid home?
(b) Chicken and peas.
(c) Shepherd's pie.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
3. Where does Roberta Teys go every day to read the local paper?
(a) St. Catherine's Church.
(b) Keldale Lodge.
(c) Rose Cottage.
(d) The Keldale library.
4. At the end of Chapter 5, to where does Stepha Odell inform Inspector Lynley that Roberta Teys has been sent?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The hospital emergency ward.
(c) The local jail.
(d) A mental asylum.
5. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
6. In Chapter 8, how long has Russell Mowrey been missing?
(a) Two months.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
7. What do Danny and Ezra Farmington find at Keldale Abbey three years prior to William Teys' murder?
(a) An abandoned baby.
(b) A stolen emerald necklace.
(c) A murdered priest.
(d) A suitcase filled with counterfeit money.
8. Who is Caroline?
(a) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
(b) Olivia Odell's best friend.
(c) Sopha Odell's maid.
(d) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
9. What honor does Superintendent Webberly's wife want him to acquire?
(a) A promotion to Chief Superintendent.
(b) A raise.
(c) A knighthood.
(d) A commendation from the queen.
10. Why is the person arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace freed from jail?
(a) Someone else confesses to the crime.
(b) His wife romances a wealthy man with political influence.
(c) A videotape proving the person's innocence is found.
(d) He bribes his jailer.
11. When Bridie Odell cuts her hair, whose hairstyle is she trying to copy?
(a) Diana, Princess of Wales.
(d) Her mother's.
12. During his train ride in the opening scene, what is Father Hart holding in his lap?
(a) A crying baby.
(b) A laptop computer.
(c) A wounded kitten.
(d) A battered attache case.
13. What is Father Hart's religion?
14. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
(a) The murder victim's physician.
(b) The murder victim's chauffeur.
(c) The murder victim's chef.
(d) The murder victim's son-in-law.
15. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
(a) The 8th Earl of Asherton.
(b) The 5th Duke of Hornchester.
(c) The Marquis of Lidenberry.
(d) Viscount Faimon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the toxicology reports indicate are in William Teys' blood at the time of his murder?
2. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Simon Allcourt-St. James?
3. Where do Simon Allcourt-St. James and his new bride stay during their honeymoon?
4. What color hair does Stepha Odell have?
5. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)