|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Iced tea.
(c) Tonic water.
(d) Diet cola.
2. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers think she has been chosen to work with Lynley on the investigation of the murder of William Teys?
(a) She's too unattractive to tempt him.
(b) She has experience as a forensics investigator.
(c) She's being given a promotion.
(d) She's from the village where the murder occurred.
3. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
4. What does Deborah Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) She's an accountant.
(b) She's a photographer.
(c) She's a pianist.
(d) She's a teacher.
5. What is Denton's relationship to Inspector Lynley?
(a) He's Lynley's banker.
(b) He's Lynley's barber.
(c) He's Lynley's insurance agent.
(d) He's Lynley's valet.
6. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
7. How old is Father Hart?
8. What do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers find hidden between Roberta Teys' mattress and box springs at her family's farm?
(a) Rotting food.
(b) A letter from Tessa Teys, proving Tessa is still alive.
(c) A letter from Gillian Teys, proving Gillian is still alive.
(d) A diary detailing her father's abuse of her.
9. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
10. What evidence is lacking at the scene of William Teys' murder?
(a) The murder weapon.
(c) Fingerprints and blood spatter.
(d) Videotape from the security camera.
11. Who is Caroline?
(a) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
(b) Sopha Odell's maid.
(c) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
(d) Olivia Odell's best friend.
12. Why is the person arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace freed from jail?
(a) He bribes his jailer.
(b) Someone else confesses to the crime.
(c) A videotape proving the person's innocence is found.
(d) His wife romances a wealthy man with political influence.
13. Who is Danny?
(a) Inspector Lynley's adopted son.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers' brother.
(c) The maid at Keldale Hall.
(d) The Teys family dog.
14. In what part of London does Sergeant Barbara Havers live?
15. What is Father Hart's religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
2. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
3. Who leaves the village of Keldale for several years to learn to grow barley?
4. Who is Nigel Parrish?
5. Why has Inspector Lynley chosen to work at Scotland Yard rather than on his wealthy family's estate?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)