|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative of William Teys thought by Lynley and Havers to be dead is still alive according to Olivia Odell?
(a) His son Anton.
(b) His wife Tessa.
(c) His father Gregory.
(d) His sister Sheila.
2. What is the beverage that Stepha Odell calls Odell's?
(a) A mixture of hot tea and rum.
(b) A mixture of coffee and butterscotch with whipped cream.
(c) A home-brewed ale made according to her father's recipe.
(d) A fruit punch with fresh raspberries and strawberries.
3. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Russel Mowery.
(b) Ezra Farmington.
(c) Richard Gibson.
(d) Roberta Teys.
4. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
5. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's a forensic scientist.
(b) He's an investment agent.
(c) He's a veterinarian.
(d) He's a movie producer.
6. Where does Roberta Teys go every day to read the local paper?
(a) The Keldale library.
(b) St. Catherine's Church.
(c) Keldale Lodge.
(d) Rose Cottage.
7. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
(a) Stepha is Olivia's sister.
(b) Stepha is Olivia's mother.
(c) Stepha is Olivia's daughter.
(d) Stepha is Olivia's sister-in-law.
8. Why is evidence of Gillian's existence destroyed by her father?
(a) Gillian is in hiding from the police.
(b) Gillian was wild and has run away, infuriating her father.
(c) Gillian is not William Teys' child.
(d) Gillian is illegitimate.
9. Which of the following statements does not describe Richard Gibson?
(a) Six and a half feet tall.
(b) Black hair, brown eyes, and swarthy skin.
(c) Missing two front teeth.
(d) Bull-necked with the thick limbs of a labourer.
10. What color hair does Stepha Odell have?
11. What is Father Hart's religion?
12. What legend does Danny tell Simon and Deborah Allcourt-St. James about Keldale Abbey?
(a) A nun and a priest once fell in love there.
(b) Henry VIII courted Anne Boleyn there.
(c) A medieval priest performed healing miracles there.
(d) The ghost of a crying baby haunts the place.
13. Where do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers encounter Denton in Chapter 5?
(a) At a London pub.
(b) A train station cafeteria.
(c) At Scotland Yard.
(d) At St. Catherine's Church.
14. What is Denton's relationship to Inspector Lynley?
(a) He's Lynley's barber.
(b) He's Lynley's valet.
(c) He's Lynley's insurance agent.
(d) He's Lynley's banker.
15. Why is Chief Inspector Nies angry with his superior officer, Chief Constable Kerridge?
(a) Kerridge denies him a promotion.
(b) Kerridge owes him money from a poker game.
(c) Kerridge makes him free an accused murderer.
(d) Kerridge steals his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Danny?
2. In what part of England has William Teys been murdered?
3. Whose death does Chief Superintendent fail to mention in his report about William Teys' murder?
4. What has the London press dubbed the person responsible for the murders in the train stations?
5. From what disease does Jimmy Havers suffer?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)