|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
(a) The Marquis of Lidenberry.
(b) The 8th Earl of Asherton.
(c) Viscount Faimon.
(d) The 5th Duke of Hornchester.
2. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) New Scotland Yard.
3. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Iced tea.
(b) Diet cola.
(d) Tonic water.
4. Who is Nigel Parrish?
(a) A local horse trainer.
(b) A local banker.
(c) A local bartender.
(d) A local music teacher.
5. Who discovers William Teys' body?
(a) Olivia Odell.
(b) Father Hart.
(c) Stepha Odell.
(d) Gillian Teys.
6. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
7. Why are Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers surprised to find a well-stocked library at the Teys farm?
(a) William Teys allows no books but the Bible for his family.
(b) Father Hart and William Teys burn non-bibical books.
(c) Stepha Odell says Roberta had no books to read at home.
(d) The Teys family is illiterate.
8. On what day of the week is William Teys murdered?
9. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
(a) Jimmy is Barbara's husband.
(b) Jimmy is Barbara's son.
(c) Jimmy is Barbara's father.
(d) Jimmy is Barbara's grandfather.
10. Who are Hank and JoJo Watson?
(a) American tourists staying at Keldale Hall.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers' best friends.
(c) A married couple who work at Scotland Yard.
(d) Eyewitnesses to William Teys' murder.
11. What does Jimmy Havers refuse to do, even though it would improve his health?
(a) Lose weight.
(b) Eat less fat and more green vegetables.
(d) Stop smoking.
12. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
13. What relative of Sergeant Barbara Havers has died of leukemia?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
14. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
15. With whom does Nigel Parrish see William Teys arguing shortly before Teys' murder?
(a) Richard Gibson.
(b) Russel Mowery.
(c) Roberta Teys.
(d) Ezra Farmington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what event is Lynley attending when Sergeant Havers must summon him back to London for a meeting with their superiors?
2. In what part of England has William Teys been murdered?
3. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
4. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
5. To whom is a shrine erected at the Teys family farm?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)