|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Stepha Odell have?
2. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
3. To whom is a shrine erected at the Teys family farm?
(a) William Teys.
(b) St. Peter.
(c) Tessa Teys.
(d) St. Cedd.
4. What do the toxicology reports indicate are in William Teys' blood at the time of his murder?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) Rat poisoning.
5. What food does Lady Helen Clyde offer Sergeant Barbara Havers in Chapter 2?
(a) Salmon croquettes.
(b) Roast venison.
(c) Lobster bisque.
(d) Crab salad.
6. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
(a) The 8th Earl of Asherton.
(b) Viscount Faimon.
(c) The Marquis of Lidenberry.
(d) The 5th Duke of Hornchester.
7. With whom does Stepha Odell suspect that Roberta has been in love?
(a) Ezra Farmington.
(b) Russel Mowery.
(c) Paul Odell.
(d) Nigel Parrish.
8. Who discovers William Teys' body?
(a) Stepha Odell.
(b) Gillian Teys.
(c) Father Hart.
(d) Olivia Odell.
9. Who is Dr. Samuels?
(a) Roberta Teys' psychiatrist at the asylum.
(b) A history professor who once taught Gillian.
(c) Jimmy Havers' doctor.
(d) Paul Odell's doctor.
10. Who are Hank and JoJo Watson?
(a) American tourists staying at Keldale Hall.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers' best friends.
(c) A married couple who work at Scotland Yard.
(d) Eyewitnesses to William Teys' murder.
11. Why is the person arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace freed from jail?
(a) A videotape proving the person's innocence is found.
(b) Someone else confesses to the crime.
(c) He bribes his jailer.
(d) His wife romances a wealthy man with political influence.
12. What hangs on the wall of Stepha Odell's business?
(a) Paintings by Ezra Farmington.
(b) Pictures of Paul Odell.
(c) Tapestries with biblical scenes on them.
(d) Pictures of William Teys.
13. Where does Inspector Lynley think he has seen Russell Mowrey?
(a) At Simon Allancourt-St. James' wedding.
(b) At a train station.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) At St. Catherine's Church.
14. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers think she has been chosen to work with Lynley on the investigation of the murder of William Teys?
(a) She's being given a promotion.
(b) She's too unattractive to tempt him.
(c) She has experience as a forensics investigator.
(d) She's from the village where the murder occurred.
15. What is the relationship between Simon Allcourt-St. James and Inspector Lynley?
(a) They're best friends.
(b) They're cousins.
(c) They're enemies.
(d) They're stepbrothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a statement Father Hart uses to describe himself in the opening scene when imagining how the woman seated next to him perceives him?
2. What is Stepha Odell's relationship to Olivia Odell, William Teys' fiancée?
3. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
4. What business does Stepha Odell own and operate?
5. What is Richard Gibson's relationship to William Teys?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)