|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Danny?
(a) Sergeant Barbara Havers' brother.
(b) The Teys family dog.
(c) Inspector Lynley's adopted son.
(d) The maid at Keldale Hall.
2. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
(a) That he's an alcoholic.
(b) That he's inept.
(c) That he's a womanizer.
(d) That he's a genius.
3. Why is evidence of Gillian's existence destroyed by her father?
(a) Gillian is illegitimate.
(b) Gillian is not William Teys' child.
(c) Gillian was wild and has run away, infuriating her father.
(d) Gillian is in hiding from the police.
4. What does Ezra Farmington do for a living?
(a) He's a tailor.
(b) He's an artist.
(c) He's a police officer.
(d) He's a farmer.
5. What is Father Hart's religion?
6. To whom is William Teys engaged at the time of his death?
(a) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(b) Stepha Odell.
(c) Lady Helen Clyde.
(d) Olivia Odell.
7. In what part of London does Sergeant Barbara Havers live?
8. What do Danny and Ezra Farmington find at Keldale Abbey three years prior to William Teys' murder?
(a) A stolen emerald necklace.
(b) A murdered priest.
(c) A suitcase filled with counterfeit money.
(d) An abandoned baby.
9. Where does Roberta Teys go every day to read the local paper?
(a) The Keldale library.
(b) Rose Cottage.
(c) St. Catherine's Church.
(d) Keldale Lodge.
10. What honor does Superintendent Webberly's wife want him to acquire?
(a) A commendation from the queen.
(b) A knighthood.
(c) A promotion to Chief Superintendent.
(d) A raise.
11. From what disease does Sergeant Barbara Havers' mother suffer?
12. At what train station does Father Hart disembark?
(c) King's Cross.
13. What relative of William Teys thought by Lynley and Havers to be dead is still alive according to Olivia Odell?
(a) His sister Sheila.
(b) His son Anton.
(c) His father Gregory.
(d) His wife Tessa.
14. How old is Father Hart?
15. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
(a) Chief Inspector Detective.
(b) Criminal Isolation Department.
(c) Central Intelligence Department.
(d) Criminal Investigation Division.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Stepha Odell suspect that Roberta has been in love?
2. On what day of the week is William Teys murdered?
3. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
4. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
5. What is Richard Gibson's relationship to William Teys?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)