|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Havers sneak over to Mr. Patel's convenience store to purchase?
(d) Lottery tickets.
2. What is the relationship between Superintendent Webberly and Sir David Hillier?
(a) They are coworkers and brothers-in-law.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are stepbrothers.
3. In Chapter 8, how long has Russell Mowrey been missing?
(a) Two months.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Ten days.
4. How old is Sergeant Barbara Havers?
5. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Tonic water.
(b) Diet cola.
(d) Iced tea.
6. What color is Inspector Lynley's hair?
7. Where does Inspector Lynley think he has seen Russell Mowrey?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) At a train station.
(c) At St. Catherine's Church.
(d) At Simon Allancourt-St. James' wedding.
8. Where do Simon Allcourt-St. James and his new bride stay during their honeymoon?
(a) The London Ritz Carlton.
(b) Keldale Hall.
(c) Finley Abbey.
(d) Keldale Lodge.
9. Where does Roberta Teys go every day to read the local paper?
(a) The Keldale library.
(b) Rose Cottage.
(c) St. Catherine's Church.
(d) Keldale Lodge.
10. What honor does Superintendent Webberly's wife want him to acquire?
(a) A promotion to Chief Superintendent.
(b) A commendation from the queen.
(c) A raise.
(d) A knighthood.
11. What relative of William Teys thought by Lynley and Havers to be dead is still alive according to Olivia Odell?
(a) His father Gregory.
(b) His sister Sheila.
(c) His son Anton.
(d) His wife Tessa.
12. What is Danny's relationship to Ezra Farmington?
(a) She's Ezra's girlfriend.
(b) She's Ezra's roommate.
(c) She's Ezra's model.
(d) She's Ezra's classmate.
13. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Simon Allcourt-St. James?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) Simon is Lady Helen's chauffeur.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) Lady Helen is Simon's lab assistant.
14. Who owns Keldale Hall?
(a) Sopha Odell.
(b) Olivia Odell.
(c) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(d) Tessa Mowery.
15. To whom is William Teys engaged at the time of his death?
(a) Olivia Odell.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde.
(c) Stepha Odell.
(d) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Inspector Lynley's brother-in-law was murdered five years ago, who did Chief Inspector Nies arrest for the crime?
2. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
3. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
4. What is Jimmy Havers' relationship to Sergeant Barbara Havers?
5. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)