|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Sergeant Barbara Havers can't locate the person Inspector Lynley has asked her to find, what does Lynley threaten to do?
(a) Have her fired from Scotland Yard.
(b) Reduce her salary.
(c) Kick her out of CID and put her back into uniform again.
(d) Have her removed from the William Teys case.
2. Who is Caroline?
(a) Olivia Odell's best friend.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde's maid and Denton's girlfriend.
(c) Sopha Odell's maid.
(d) Inspector Lynley's secretary.
3. What does Hank Watson do for a living?
(a) He's an optometrist.
(b) He's a dentist.
(c) He's a podiatrist.
(d) He's a psychologist.
4. Where does Inspector Lynley think he has seen Russell Mowrey?
(a) At a train station.
(b) At St. Catherine's Church.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) At Simon Allancourt-St. James' wedding.
5. Who owns Keldale Hall?
(a) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(b) Sopha Odell.
(c) Tessa Mowery.
(d) Olivia Odell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the novel stutters?
2. How old is Bridie Odell?
3. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
4. Whose photograph does Inspector Lynley ask Sergeant Barbara Havers to take around town to see if the person was in town at the time of William Teys' murder?
5. Why has Sergeant Barbara Havers been demoted from CID and put back into uniform?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)