|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers William Teys' body?
(a) Father Hart.
(b) Stepha Odell.
(c) Gillian Teys.
(d) Olivia Odell.
2. Why is Hank Watson in England?
(a) To get married.
(b) To attend a convention
(c) To research his family's geneaology.
(d) To celebrate his wedding anniversary.
3. Who is Dougal?
(a) Bridie Odell's pet duck.
(b) Bridie Odell's pet cat.
(c) Stepha Odell's gardener.
(d) The local constable.
4. In Chapter 2, what event is Lynley attending when Sergeant Havers must summon him back to London for a meeting with their superiors?
(a) Lady Helen Clyde's birthday party.
(b) Simon Allancourt-St. James' wedding.
(c) His father's retirement party.
(d) His niece's baptism.
5. Why has Inspector Lynley chosen to work at Scotland Yard rather than on his wealthy family's estate?
(a) His family has disowned him and he needs a job.
(b) He wants to be useful and make a contribution.
(c) He was no good at farming.
(d) His parents were murdered, so he pursues criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that Chief Inspector Nies says he and Chief Constable Kerridge can trust to give New Scotland Yard the facts about the murder of William Teys?
2. Whose grave does Father Hart show Inspector Lynley in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Stepha Odell think Olivia Odell wanted to marry William Teys?
4. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
5. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)