|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Barbara Havers see Nigel Parrish arguing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Roberta Teys.
(b) Stepha Odell.
(c) Ezra Farmington.
(d) Russell Mowery.
2. Who is arrested for the murder over the garnet necklace?
(a) The murder victim's physician.
(b) The murder victim's chauffeur.
(c) The murder victim's son-in-law.
(d) The murder victim's chef.
3. Who confesses to William Teys' murder?
(a) Teys' oldest daughter, Gillian.
(b) Teys' youngest daughter, Roberta Teys.
(c) Teys' nephew, Richard Gibson.
(d) Teys' wife Tessa.
4. What is the relationship between Simon Allcourt-St. James and Inspector Lynley?
(a) They're enemies.
(b) They're cousins.
(c) They're stepbrothers.
(d) They're best friends.
5. From what disease does Jimmy Havers suffer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters CID stand for in the novel "A Great Deliverance"?
2. How does Stepha Odell describe Gillian?
3. How does Father Hart describe Gillian?
4. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers not want to have dinner where Stepha Odell has booked her and Inspector Lynley in Chapter 9?
5. Who leaves the village of Keldale for several years to learn to grow barley?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)