|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lady Helen Clyde and Simon Allcourt-St. James?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) Simon is Lady Helen's chauffeur.
(c) Lady Helen is Simon's lab assistant.
(d) They are neighbors.
2. What aristocratic title does Inspector Lynley hold?
(a) The Marquis of Lidenberry.
(b) The 8th Earl of Asherton.
(c) Viscount Faimon.
(d) The 5th Duke of Hornchester.
3. When Sergeant Barbara Havers removes a photo in Roberta's room from its frame and unfolds it, what does she find on the unfolded edge of the photo?
(a) The picture of a girl resembling Tessa Teys.
(b) A confession to the murder of William Teys.
(c) A map to a hidden treasure.
(d) A love note to Stepha Odell from William Teys.
4. What is strange about the photos Inspector Lynley finds in the Teys family photo album?
(a) They have big purple X's painted on them.
(b) They have been painted red.
(c) They have been glued together in a big wad.
(d) Someone has been cut out of many of them.
5. What rumors has Sergeant Barbara Havers heard about Inspector Lynley at Scotland Yard?
(a) That he's a womanizer.
(b) That he's an alcoholic.
(c) That he's a genius.
(d) That he's inept.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Barbara Havers realize about Inspector Lynley's relationship with Deborah Allancourt-St. James in Chapter 9?
2. As the book opens, how many murders have occurred around London train stations in the last five weeks?
3. Who discovers William Teys' body?
4. What do the toxicology reports indicate are in William Teys' blood at the time of his murder?
5. What hangs on the wall of Stepha Odell's business?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)