|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Hart describe his relationship with William Teys?
(a) William was like a son to him.
(b) William was his best friend.
(c) William was the church's most generous donor.
(d) William was his greatest enemy.
2. Who holds Sergeant Havers and comforts her in Chapter 16 when Roberta Teys' confession reminds her of her own family traumas and upsets her?
(b) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(c) Dr. Samuels.
(d) Inspector Lynley.
3. To what organization is Father Hart traveling?
(a) The Red Cross.
(c) The FBI.
(d) New Scotland Yard.
4. What does Simon Allcourt-St. James do for a living?
(a) He's a veterinarian.
(b) He's a movie producer.
(c) He's a forensic scientist.
(d) He's an investment agent.
5. Who does Inspector Lynley initially send to London to find Gillian?
(a) JoJo Watson.
(b) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
(c) Mrs. Burton-Thomas.
(d) Constable Gabriel Langston.
Short Answer Questions
1. How likely does Roberta's doctor think it is that Roberta will recover?
2. If Sergeant Barbara Havers can't locate the person Inspector Lynley has asked her to find, what does Lynley threaten to do?
3. Who kills Roberta's baby?
4. Who does Inspector Lynley send ahead of Gillian to pave the way for Gillian's reunion at the end of the novel?
5. With whom does Richard Gibson say he was having a romantic relationship when he left Keldale at age nineteen?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)