|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who is killed over a dispute about ownership of a garnet necklace?
(a) An aging actress.
(b) A duchess.
(c) An elderly gypsy woman.
(d) A middle-aged secretary.
2. What is the relationship between Stepha Odell and Paul Odell?
(a) Paul is Stepha's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Stepha is Paul's twin sister.
(d) They are husband and wife.
3. What beverage does Sergeant Barbara Havers drink instead of alcohol?
(a) Diet cola.
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Tonic water.
4. Who is driving the car the night of the accident that cripples Simon Allcourt-St. James for life?
(a) Inspector Lynley.
(b) Lady Helen Clyde.
(c) Superintendent Webberly.
(d) Sergeant Barbara Havers.
5. At the end of Chapter 5, to where does Stepha Odell inform Inspector Lynley that Roberta Teys has been sent?
(a) The local jail.
(b) A mental asylum.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The hospital emergency ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers become upset with Inspector Lynley in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Sergeant Barbara Havers not want to have dinner where Stepha Odell has booked her and Inspector Lynley in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 10, who brings Inspector Lynley a carton containing evidence from the William Teys murder?
4. With whom does Stepha Odell suspect that Roberta has been in love?
5. What profession does Marsha Fitzalan tell Inspector Lynley that Gillian wanted to enter?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)