|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 12," how do Gikonyo's co-investors plan on finding enough money for the farm?
2. Why does Mugo remember farming in "Chapter 8"?
3. In "Chapter 12," what upsets Gikonyo about the farm land he wants to buy?
4. At the end of "Chapter 12," what happens when Gikonyo goes home?
5. After killing Robson, what did Kihika want Mugo to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gato?
2. What does Githua talk to Mugo about in "Chapter 8"?
3. What is the independence celebration like?
4. How does Mugo feel after talking to Githua in "Chapter 8"?
5. How does Karanja feel about his life in "Chapter 14"?
6. What is Mwaura's relationship with General R. in "Chapter 10"?
7. Why does Koina say he killed Dr. Lynd's dog?
8. What does Mugo do at the independence celebration?
9. Why does Gikonyo meet Warui in "Chapter 12"?
10. What is Gikonyo's life like in the concentration camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the motivations of two characters.
Essay Topic 2
How is Mugo a hero?
Essay Topic 3
How is Thompson a hero in this novel? How is he a villain?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)