|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mugo remember Thompson doing when he turned in Kihika?
(a) Making him leave out the back door.
(b) Spitting in his face.
(c) Assigning him an officer for protection.
(d) Taking lengthy notes.
2. What does Karanja think about while running in "Chapter 14"?
(a) His life.
(b) Moving to England.
(c) The war.
3. At the end of "Chapter 12," what happens when Gikonyo goes home?
(a) Mumbi apologizes.
(b) The police are there.
(c) Mumbi has left.
(d) The hut is on fire.
4. How does Gikonyo try to hold onto his marriage while in the concentration camp?
(a) He draws pictures of Mumbi.
(b) He plans a stool he will make for Mumbi.
(c) He tells the other prisoners about Mumbi.
(d) He writes Mumbi letters.
5. What made Karanja confess his love to Mumbi when they were teenagers?
(c) Someone told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mugo do in "Chapter 8" when Gikonyo tells him about Mumbi?
2. What does Warui say is the disappointment of his life?
3. Why does Warui go with Gikonyo to see Mugo in "Chapter 12"?
4. What happens to Gikonyo because of his fall in "Chapter 14"?
5. In "Chapter 10," what is Karanja's biggest concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mumbi meets with Mugo in "Chapter 13"?
2. How does Gikonyo feel after talking to Mugo about his problems in "Chapter 8"?
3. In "Chapter 9," what does Mugo say about the speech he has been asked to give?
4. What does Mugo say happened when he turned in Kihika?
5. What happens to Gikonyo the day he is released from the concentration camp?
6. What is the independence celebration like?
7. What happens when Gikonyo and Warui visit Mugo in "Chapter 12"?
8. In "Chapter 10," how does Karanja describe losing his job as chief?
9. What happens when Gikonyo meets Karanja on the street in "Chapter 7"?
10. What does Mugo remember about the night Kihika killed Robson?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)