|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 10," what does Karanja remember about his job as chief?
(a) The feeling of fear.
(b) The pay he received.
(c) How he lost the position.
(d) His uniform.
2. How does Thomspon change the camp where he works in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He releases more prisoners.
(b) He gets more funding.
(c) He ends torture.
(d) He improves the food.
3. In "Chapter 11," how does Dr. Lynd say she feels about Kenya?
(b) In love.
4. What does Karanja think about the note Mumbi writes him?
(a) He never receives the note.
(b) That Mumbi is tricking him.
(c) That Gikonyo made Mumbi write it.
(d) That Mumbi is interested in him.
5. Who is Kenyetta?
(a) A politician.
(b) A protester.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) An author.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gikonyo try to hold onto his marriage while in the concentration camp?
2. Why does Mugo arrive to the independence celebration late?
3. Why does Mugo visit Gikonyo in "Chapter 10"?
4. Why does Mugo feel he should have been left alone after Robson's death?
5. What makes Gikonyo confess to taking the oath while in the concentration camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 13," what worries Mumbi about the coming celebration?
2. What does Githua talk to Mugo about in "Chapter 8"?
3. What does General R. say about Githua in "Chapter 9"?
4. How does Karanja feel about his life in "Chapter 14"?
5. In "Chapter 8," how does Gikonyo decide to solve his marital problems with Mumbi?
6. Who is Gato?
7. What is Gikonyo's life like in the concentration camp?
8. What happens when Mumbi meets with Mugo in "Chapter 13"?
9. In "Chapter 10," how does Karanja describe losing his job as chief?
10. Why do Gikonyo and Mumbi argue in "Chapter 12"?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)