|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kenyetta?
(a) A protester.
(b) An author.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A politician.
2. What does the narrator say Kihika's biggest concern was as a teenager?
3. What does Karanja think about while running in "Chapter 14"?
(a) The war.
(b) His life.
(d) Moving to England.
4. What leads Mugo to attack Mumbi?
(a) He confesses to her about Kihika.
(b) He lends her money she doesn't repay.
(c) She insults him.
(d) She threatens his neighbor.
5. In "Chapter 11," how does Dr. Lynd say she feels about Kenya?
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mumbi send a note to Karanja telling him not to come to the celebration?
2. When Mugo turned in Kihika, what position did Thompson hold?
3. What upsets Mumbi about Wambuku in "Chapter 10"?
4. What does Gikonyo do to avoid Mumbi and her child in "Chapter 8"?
5. What is unique about the camp in Rira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gikonyo the day he is released from the concentration camp?
2. In "Chapter 13," what worries Mumbi about the coming celebration?
3. What does General R. say about Githua in "Chapter 9"?
4. What is the independence celebration like?
5. What does Mugo do at the independence celebration?
6. What happens when Gikonyo and Warui visit Mugo in "Chapter 12"?
7. What happens when Gikonyo meets Karanja on the street in "Chapter 7"?
8. What does Mugo remember about the night Kihika killed Robson?
9. What happens when Mumbi meets with Mugo in "Chapter 13"?
10. What does Githua talk to Mugo about in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)