|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mugo say eventually led him to turn in Kihika for murder?
(a) There was a reward.
(b) Kihika insulted him.
(c) Mumbi told him to.
(d) He wanted to be arrested as well.
2. Why do people whisper about Mugo in "Chapter 13"?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They heard he is leaving Kenya.
(c) They fear he won't speak.
(d) They think he is great.
3. In "Chapter 12," what does Warui tell Mugo the old woman saw?
(a) A flashing light.
(b) Incoming troops.
(c) Her dead son.
(d) Thompson leaving.
4. What leads Mugo to attack Mumbi?
(a) He lends her money she doesn't repay.
(b) He confesses to her about Kihika.
(c) She threatens his neighbor.
(d) She insults him.
5. What makes Gikonyo confess to taking the oath while in the concentration camp?
(a) Seeing Mumbi's face in his mind.
(b) Wanting to clear his name.
(c) Being tortured.
(d) He doesn't confess to the oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10," how many people does Mumbi say died in the trenches?
2. In "Chapter 10," what does Karanja remember about his job as chief?
3. In "Chapter 11," what is Dr. Lynd currently working on?
4. What does Gikonyo do to avoid Mumbi and her child in "Chapter 8"?
5. What does Mumbi say she did after making love to Karanja?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mwaura's relationship with General R. in "Chapter 10"?
2. Why do Gikonyo and Mumbi argue in "Chapter 12"?
3. How does Karanja feel about his life in "Chapter 14"?
4. What happens after Karanja learns that Thompson is leaving?
5. In "Chapter 8," how does Gikonyo decide to solve his marital problems with Mumbi?
6. What happens when Gikonyo meets Karanja on the street in "Chapter 7"?
7. In "Chapter 10," how does Karanja describe losing his job as chief?
8. What does Mugo remember about the night Kihika killed Robson?
9. Who is Gato?
10. How does Mugo feel after talking to Githua in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)