|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Koina react when Kihiki died?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He cried.
(d) He ran away.
2. In "Chapter 3," how does Wambui help the Movement?
(a) She sews uniforms.
(b) She carries messages.
(c) She holds meetings in her house.
(d) She makes food.
3. What does Gikonyo invest his money in in "Chapter 6"?
(a) American textiles.
(b) College funds.
(c) Stocks and bonds.
(d) Dried foods.
4. What does Gikonyo do differently about his business in "Chapter 6"?
(a) He demands payment.
(b) He only accepts a few jobs.
(c) He hires an assistant.
(d) He works faster.
5. How did the agricultural officer die?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was killed by a train.
(d) He died of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what type of revolt does Kihika call for?
2. While attending school as a child, why was Kihika threatened with a beating?
3. Why does General R. visit Mugo in "Chapter 3"?
4. Who recommended the school that Kihika attended as a child?
5. What was one of the causes for the Movement to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how do Kenyans feel about women rulers?
2. In "Chapter 6," what things does Gikonyo confess to Mugo?
3. How does Mugo feel about the land he receives, after leaving the detention center?
4. In "Chapter 5," what types of things does Mr. Thompson put in his treatise notes?
5. How does the narrator say Gikonyo courted Mumbi?
6. How does Mr. Thompson help Karanja with the dog in "Chapter 4"?
7. In "Chapter 1", what happens when Mugo wakes up?
8. In "Chapter 7," what does the narrator say about Mumbi's feelings toward the Movement?
9. What happens when Karanja visits Mrs. Thomspon in "Chapter 4"?
10. In "Chapter 5," what does Mrs. Thompson remember about Van Dyke?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)