|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3," what does Gikonyo say detention did to Mugo?
(a) Made him better educated.
(b) Made him confused.
(c) Make him strange.
(d) Made him strong.
2. How does Gikonyo help Mumbi fix a farming tool?
(a) He cleans debris away.
(b) He bends the rake back into place.
(c) He fixes the motor.
(d) He makes a new handle for her.
3. Why does Gikonyo's mother visit his workshop?
(a) To collect firewood.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To make sure Gikonyo is working.
(d) To each lunch.
4. What is uhuru?
(d) The right to vote.
5. Who does Mrs. Thompson believe will take her husband's job at the library?
(a) A college student.
(b) A woman.
(c) A black man.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
2. Why was the woman who ruled Muranga dethroned?
3. What did Koina do for a living before working with General R.?
4. Where does Mr. Thompson say his life as an administrator began?
5. Why does Gikonyo run home in "Chapter 3"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mugo feel about giving speeches in "Chapter 6"?
2. How does Mugo feel about the old woman in the village?
3. In "Chapter 7," what turning point in Kihika's life does the narrator describe?
4. In "Chapter 5," what types of things does Mr. Thompson put in his treatise notes?
5. What brought Mr. Thompson to Africa?
6. How does the narrator say Gikonyo courted Mumbi?
7. How does Gikonyo's father throwing him and his mother out change him?
8. In "Chapter 7," what does the narrator say about Mumbi's feelings toward the Movement?
9. In "Chapter 2," who are some of rebels that are described?
10. How does Mr. Thompson help Karanja with the dog in "Chapter 4"?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)