|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," why does Mugo go to a Movement meeting?
(a) To meet a woman.
(b) To join the army.
(c) To hear a speaker.
(d) He goes there accidentally.
2. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
(a) The environment.
3. How did Koina react when Kihiki died?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He cried.
4. What is uhuru?
(a) The right to vote.
5. How does Gikonyo help Mumbi fix a farming tool?
(a) He cleans debris away.
(b) He fixes the motor.
(c) He makes a new handle for her.
(d) He bends the rake back into place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Thompson first become interested in spreading British culture?
2. Why does Mrs. Thompson kiss her husband on the ear in "Chapter 5"?
3. What does Gikonyo invest his money in in "Chapter 6"?
4. How does Mugo feel after General R. visits him in "Chapter 3"?
5. In "Chapter 2" with independence growing, how far has the Movement spread?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator say Gikonyo courted Mumbi?
2. In "Chapter 4," what does the narrator say about trains?
3. In "Chapter 1," what things do the villagers talk with Mugo about?
4. In "Chapter 6," what things does Gikonyo confess to Mugo?
5. How does Gikonyo's father throwing him and his mother out change him?
6. How does the narrator say Wambui avoided getting in trouble with officials in "Chapter 3"?
7. In "Chapter 7," what turning point in Kihika's life does the narrator describe?
8. When General R. and Lieutenant Koina first arrive at Mugo's house in "Chapter 3," what do they first talk about?
9. In "Chapter 2," who are some of rebels that are described?
10. What brought Mr. Thompson to Africa?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)