|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Lieutenant Koina used to belong to?
(a) United men.
(b) Rebel reasons.
(c) Freedom fighters.
(d) British generals.
2. How did the agricultural officer die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was ill.
(c) He was killed by a train.
(d) He died of old age.
3. What does Karanja do at the library?
(a) Washes the windows.
(b) Stencils titles on the books.
(c) Purchases new books.
(d) Makes sure people pay their fines.
4. Who is kept in Mahee in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Political prisoners.
(b) Ex-police officers.
(d) Women and children.
5. In "Chapter 3," what does Gikonyo say detention did to Mugo?
(a) Make him strange.
(b) Made him confused.
(c) Made him strong.
(d) Made him better educated.
6. In "Chapter 6," why does Mugo tell Gikonyo he didn't want to leave camp?
(a) He had no family to return to.
(b) He was afraid fo the villagers.
(c) He is badly in debt.
(d) He didn't have to work.
7. In "Chapter 3," why is General R. interested in Karanja?
(a) He has never heard of Karanja.
(b) He thinks Karanja stole from him.
(c) He thinks Karanja betrayed Kihika.
(d) He thinks Karanja is switching sides.
8. Where does Gikonyo go to ask about a loan in "Chapter 6"?
(c) His uncle.
(d) A British consulate.
9. How does Mugo feel after General R. visits him in "Chapter 3"?
10. Why does Gikonyo run home in "Chapter 3"?
(a) It is raining.
(b) He hears people behind him.
(c) It is a dangerous path.
(d) He is late getting home.
11. In "Chapter 6," what does Gikonyo make money building?
12. In "Chapter 3," how does Wambui help the Movement?
(a) She makes food.
(b) She holds meetings in her house.
(c) She carries messages.
(d) She sews uniforms.
13. What made Mugo stop giving the speech he remembers in "Chapter 6"?
(a) It was a lie.
(b) Someone interrupted him.
(c) He forgot what to say.
(d) The crowd left.
14. In "Chapter 6," what does Gikonyo confess to Mugo about his time in camp?
(a) He took the rebel's oath.
(b) He said he was loyal to Britian.
(c) He liked the solitude.
(d) He was chained to a wall.
15. What was one of the causes for the Movement to begin?
(a) White men moving into Kenya.
(b) No one knows what started it.
(c) Wide spread illness.
(d) A communist government take over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1", why does Mugo feel a connection with Gitoko's mother?
2. How does Mugo feels when he wakes up in "Chapter 1"?
3. In "Chapter 6," what speech does Mugo remember giving?
4. In "Chapter 2," what does the narrator say white men spread around Kenya?
5. How many visitors come to Mugo's house in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)