|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes Mrs. Thompson believe her husband has grown apart from her?
(a) The amount of time he spends on work.
(b) His attitude with her.
(c) His political beliefs.
(d) The time he spends vacationing without her.
2. In "Chapter 5," what does Mr. Thompson want to tell his wife but doesn't?
(a) About the revolution.
(b) About England.
(c) About Dr. Lynd.
(d) About moving.
3. How does Mugo feel after General R. visits him in "Chapter 3"?
4. What does the legend of Waiyaki say about his death?
(a) That he is still alive.
(b) That he was buried alive.
(c) That he shot himself.
(d) That he was burned at the stake.
5. In "Chapter 1," what is the Party?
(a) A political movement.
(b) The judge.
(c) An out-of-date political party.
(d) A celebration.
6. In "Chapter 1", why does Mugo feel a connection with Gitoko's mother?
(a) Because she looks like his mother.
(b) Because she seems to recognize him.
(c) Because he lost a brother in the war.
(d) Because she cooks for him.
7. What does porridge remind Mugo of?
(a) His mother.
(b) The detention center.
(c) Being sick.
(d) Boarding school.
8. In "Chapter 6," what does Gikonyo make money building?
9. How does Gikonyo make money with grain in "Chapter 6"?
(a) He tells people it is magic.
(b) He hides it until it is worth more money.
(c) He buys it in bulk and sells it off.
(d) He steals it from people then sells it back to them.
10. In "Chapter 3," what does General R. say didn't save Kihika?
(a) His fellow men.
(d) His beliefs.
11. While attending school as a child, why was Kihika threatened with a beating?
(a) For swearing in class.
(b) For cheating on a test.
(c) For delcaring religion a joke.
(d) For proving the teacher wrong.
12. In "Chapter 4", how many women does Karanja say he has loved?
13. What does Mrs. Thompson do when Karanja arrives with the message in "Chapter 4"?
(a) She invites him in.
(b) She has him do chores for her.
(c) She forces him to leave.
(d) She thanks him and leaves the room.
14. How many brothers does Mumbi have?
15. What did Koina do for a living before working with General R.?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A cook.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the woman who ruled Muranga dethroned?
2. Why does Mrs. Thompson say she often fought with Van Dyke?
3. Who comes to Rung'ei Trading Centre to sell food?
4. What was one of the causes for the Movement to begin?
5. What does Gikonyo do differently about his business in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)