|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
(a) Because he couldn't hear.
(b) Because he stepped on a land mine.
(c) Because he was asleep during an attack.
(d) Because he was a poor soldier.
2. In "Chapter 1," how many women come to visit Mugo at his house?
3. According to the narrator, how did Harry Thuku try to help the Movement?
(a) By writing letters.
(b) By making flyers.
(c) By shooting his gun.
(d) By organizing marches.
4. Why does Gikonyo's mother visit his workshop?
(a) To make sure Gikonyo is working.
(b) To each lunch.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To collect firewood.
5. What does Gikonyo try to do to Mumbi after running into Karanja at the market in "Chapter 7"?
(a) He tries to kill her.
(b) He tries to throw her out of the house.
(c) He tries to forgive her.
(d) He tries to rob her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," why does Mugo tell Gikonyo he didn't want to leave camp?
2. In "Chapter 6," how do Gikonyo's customers react to him?
3. Why does Dr. Henry Van Dyke threaten to kill himself?
4. What does Karanja do at the library?
5. What does Gikonyo first think of when he wakes in "Chapter 8"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)