|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gikonyo run home in "Chapter 3"?
(a) He is late getting home.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is a dangerous path.
(d) He hears people behind him.
2. In "Chapter 3," why is General R. interested in Karanja?
(a) He thinks Karanja is switching sides.
(b) He has never heard of Karanja.
(c) He thinks Karanja stole from him.
(d) He thinks Karanja betrayed Kihika.
3. What made the agricultural officer dream for a Forest Station?
(a) Reading about one in a book.
(b) Seeing one in another forest.
(c) He came up with the idea all on his own.
(d) Learning about them in school.
4. Why does Dr. Henry Van Dyke threaten to kill himself?
(a) If Kenyetta goes free.
(b) If he becomes a Christian.
(c) If Kenya loses its independence.
(d) If the new train station is built.
5. Why does the government begin taking men to concentration camps in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Because Kenyetta ordered it.
(b) Because Kihika ordered it.
(c) Because they will make money that way.
(d) Because they fear a revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what does the narrator say Mr. Thompson used to write about?
2. In "Chapter 12," what does Mugo remember about the trench?
3. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
4. How does Karanja react to the dog in "Chapter 4"?
5. Why does Gikonyo say he worried Mumbi would turn down his proposal?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)