|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gikonyo try to do to Mumbi after running into Karanja at the market in "Chapter 7"?
(a) He tries to rob her.
(b) He tries to kill her.
(c) He tries to forgive her.
(d) He tries to throw her out of the house.
2. In "Chapter 3," what does Gikonyo say detention did to Mugo?
(a) Made him confused.
(b) Made him better educated.
(c) Make him strange.
(d) Made him strong.
3. In "Chapter 10," why does the narrator say Karanja didn't think he could be overthrown?
(a) Because he had fooled the government.
(b) Because of his father's position.
(c) Because he worked with white men.
(d) Because he is rich.
4. What does Gikonyo do differently about his business in "Chapter 6"?
(a) He demands payment.
(b) He only accepts a few jobs.
(c) He works faster.
(d) He hires an assistant.
5. In "Chapter 12," how do Gikonyo's co-investors plan on finding enough money for the farm?
(a) Fund raising.
(b) Through a loan.
(c) Someone's inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10," how is General R.'s time as a freedom fighter described?
2. How does Mwaura react in "Chapter 10" when he learns Thompson is leaving?
3. In "Chapter 3," how does Wambui help the Movement?
4. In "Chapter 1," what is the Party?
5. What does the legend of Waiyaki say about his death?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)