|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the legend of Waiyaki say about his death?
(a) That he was buried alive.
(b) That he is still alive.
(c) That he shot himself.
(d) That he was burned at the stake.
2. What does Mugo do after Gikonyo leaves his house in "Chapter 8"?
(a) He goes for a walk.
(b) He starts to work in his yard.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He visits Mumbi.
3. What does Mugo do in "Chapter 8" when Gikonyo tells him about Mumbi?
(a) He laughs at the story.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He tells Gikonyo to leave her.
4. What happens to Kihika after he burns the police barracks?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is never seen again.
(c) He is taken prisoner.
(d) He is hanged.
5. When did Mr. Thompson first come to Africa?
(a) Before World War II.
(b) When he turned 50.
(c) During World War II.
(d) After graduating from college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mwaura react in "Chapter 10" when he learns Thompson is leaving?
2. What does Gikonyo do to avoid Mumbi and her child in "Chapter 8"?
3. What work did Van Dyke do?
4. What is unique about the camp in Rira?
5. In "Chapter 10," how is General R.'s time as a freedom fighter described?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)