|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 70-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. Thompson first come to Africa?
(a) When he turned 50.
(b) After graduating from college.
(c) During World War II.
(d) Before World War II.
2. In "Chapter 5," what does the narrator say Mr. Thompson used to write about?
(a) Complaints about his position in Kenya.
(b) The Africans ability to absorb British culture.
(c) Romantic love.
(d) The British's mistreatment of the Africans.
3. In "Chapter 6," what does Gikonyo confess to Mugo about his time in camp?
(a) He was chained to a wall.
(b) He took the rebel's oath.
(c) He liked the solitude.
(d) He said he was loyal to Britian.
4. What does the legend of Waiyaki say about his death?
(a) That he shot himself.
(b) That he is still alive.
(c) That he was burned at the stake.
(d) That he was buried alive.
5. Who is kept in Mahee in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Ex-police officers.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Political prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many visitors come to Mugo's house in "Chapter 1"?
2. In "Chapter 1," what is the Party?
3. In "Chapter 6," what farm does Gikonyo want to buy?
4. Where does Gikonyo go to ask about a loan in "Chapter 6"?
5. In "Chapter 7," what concerns Mumbi about a revolution under the Movement?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)