|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 70-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Thompson say she often fought with Van Dyke?
(a) Because he wouldn't have an affair with her.
(b) Because he was cruel to her husband.
(c) Because of his political beliefs.
(d) Because of their affair.
2. While attending school as a child, what did Kihika do when he was threatened with a beating?
(a) He stood quietly.
(b) He hit the teacher.
(c) He began to cry.
(d) He ran away.
3. How does Karanja react to the dog in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He runs away from it.
(b) He hits the dog with a stick.
(c) He grabs a rock to throw at it.
(d) He calls it over to him so he can pet it.
4. Where does Mr. Thompson say his life as an administrator began?
(c) When he was married.
(d) The United States.
5. In "Chapter 7," what concerns Mumbi about a revolution under the Movement?
(a) A tyrant taking over Kenya.
(b) Learning to use a weapon.
(c) The loss of human life.
(d) Having to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," what is the Party?
2. What group did Lieutenant Koina used to belong to?
3. In "Chapter 4," why does Karanja apologize to Mwaura?
4. What made the agricultural officer dream for a Forest Station?
5. Why does Gikonyo run home in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)