|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 70-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Koina do for a living before working with General R.?
(a) A cook.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A soldier.
2. In "Chapter 4," what memory does Mr. Thompson have of dogs?
(a) The dog his wife gave away.
(b) The dog his parents had when he was growing up.
(c) The time he hit a dog with his car.
(d) The dog that attacked him.
3. While attending school as a child, why was Kihika threatened with a beating?
(a) For delcaring religion a joke.
(b) For cheating on a test.
(c) For proving the teacher wrong.
(d) For swearing in class.
4. In "Chapter 3," why is General R. interested in Karanja?
(a) He has never heard of Karanja.
(b) He thinks Karanja is switching sides.
(c) He thinks Karanja betrayed Kihika.
(d) He thinks Karanja stole from him.
5. According to the narrator, how did Harry Thuku try to help the Movement?
(a) By writing letters.
(b) By making flyers.
(c) By shooting his gun.
(d) By organizing marches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1", what does Mugo say working the land used to do to him?
2. What does Gitoko's mother's hut remind Mugo of?
3. What does Karanja do at the library?
4. How is Dr. Henry Van Dyke described?
5. What does porridge remind Mugo of?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)