|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 70-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gikonyo make money with grain in "Chapter 6"?
(a) He tells people it is magic.
(b) He buys it in bulk and sells it off.
(c) He steals it from people then sells it back to them.
(d) He hides it until it is worth more money.
2. In "Chapter 5," what does Mrs. Thompson think about while washing dishes?
(a) Leaving Kenya.
(b) Enterting the workforce.
(c) Finding a new husband.
(d) Hiring new servants.
3. Where did Mr. Thompson first become interested in spreading British culture?
(a) At Oxford.
(b) After working in Kenya.
(c) In New York city.
(d) Before going to Africa.
4. In "Chapter 5," what does the narrator say Mr. Thompson used to write about?
(a) Complaints about his position in Kenya.
(b) The British's mistreatment of the Africans.
(c) The Africans ability to absorb British culture.
(d) Romantic love.
5. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
(a) Because he couldn't hear.
(b) Because he was a poor soldier.
(c) Because he was asleep during an attack.
(d) Because he stepped on a land mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gikonyo become interested in carpentry?
2. What work did Van Dyke do?
3. While attending school as a child, what did Kihika do when he was threatened with a beating?
4. In "Chapter 6," what farm does Gikonyo want to buy?
5. Who recommended the school that Kihika attended as a child?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)