|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mugo feels when he wakes up in "Chapter 1"?
2. In "Chapter 6," how do Gikonyo's customers react to him?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They are indifferent toward him.
3. Why does Dr. Henry Van Dyke threaten to kill himself?
(a) If he becomes a Christian.
(b) If the new train station is built.
(c) If Kenya loses its independence.
(d) If Kenyetta goes free.
4. Where did Mr. Thompson first become interested in spreading British culture?
(a) At Oxford.
(b) In New York city.
(c) Before going to Africa.
(d) After working in Kenya.
5. In "Chapter 5," what does the narrator say Mr. Thompson used to write about?
(a) Complaints about his position in Kenya.
(b) The Africans ability to absorb British culture.
(c) The British's mistreatment of the Africans.
(d) Romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," why does Karanja apologize to Mwaura?
2. In "Chapter 6," what does Gikonyo confess to Mugo about his time in camp?
3. In "Chapter 1," what is the Party?
4. In "Chapter 3," why is General R. interested in Karanja?
5. In "Chapter 3," what does General R. say didn't save Kihika?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)