|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 11," what is Dr. Lynd currently working on?
(d) Organizing files.
2. In "Chapter 10," what is Karanja's biggest concern?
(a) If he is under arrest.
(b) If Mugo will meet with him.
(c) If General R. is leading the investigation.
(d) If Thompson is leaving.
3. Why do people whisper about Mugo in "Chapter 13"?
(a) They think he is great.
(b) They fear he won't speak.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They heard he is leaving Kenya.
4. In "Chapter 5," what makes Mrs. Thompson believe her husband has grown apart from her?
(a) His political beliefs.
(b) The time he spends vacationing without her.
(c) The amount of time he spends on work.
(d) His attitude with her.
5. How does Thomspon change the camp where he works in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He releases more prisoners.
(b) He gets more funding.
(c) He improves the food.
(d) He ends torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," how do Gikonyo's customers react to him?
2. In the beginning of "Chapter 12," what does Mumbi ask Gikonyo?
3. How long is Gikonyo in the concentration camp in "Chapter 7"?
4. What do the Thompsons do after their going away party?
5. While attending school as a child, why was Kihika threatened with a beating?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)