|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Van Dyke do?
2. What made Mugo stop giving the speech he remembers in "Chapter 6"?
(a) He forgot what to say.
(b) It was a lie.
(c) Someone interrupted him.
(d) The crowd left.
3. How does Mugo feel after General R. visits him in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 10," why does the narrator say Karanja didn't think he could be overthrown?
(a) Because he worked with white men.
(b) Because of his father's position.
(c) Because he had fooled the government.
(d) Because he is rich.
5. How did Gikonyo become interested in carpentry?
(a) He wanted to build his own house as a child.
(b) His mother couldn't afford school.
(c) His teacher was a carpenter.
(d) His father was a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," how do the villagers describe Mugo?
2. When do the Kenyans say the Movement started?
3. In "Chapter 10," what does Karanja remember about his job as chief?
4. In "Chapter 7," what concerns Mumbi about a revolution under the Movement?
5. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)