|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 10," what does Karanja remember about his job as chief?
(a) His uniform.
(b) The pay he received.
(c) The feeling of fear.
(d) How he lost the position.
2. Why does Mumbi send a note to Karanja telling him not to come to the celebration?
(a) She doesn't want him to see Gikonyo.
(b) She wants to trap him so he'll be arrested.
(c) She doesn't agree with the celebration.
(d) She fears he will be killed.
3. Why does Mumbi say she had to rebuild her house?
(a) Because she thought it was ugly.
(b) Because a storm destroyed the house.
(c) Because the materials were stolen.
(d) Because the village was burned.
4. After killing Robson, what did Kihika want Mugo to do?
(a) Write a speech for him.
(b) Hide him in the house.
(c) Take him to the train.
(d) Join the rebels.
5. What does Githua brag about to Mugo in "Chapter 8"?
(a) His former wealth.
(b) His role in the Emergency.
(c) His education.
(d) His girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Kihika's biggest concern was as a teenager?
2. In "Chapter 5," what does Mr. Thompson want to tell his wife but doesn't?
3. What does Mugo say eventually led him to turn in Kihika for murder?
4. At the end of "Chapter 10," what does Mugo say?
5. What country does the narrator say Kihika compared Kenya to?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)