|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Kenyans say the Movement started?
(b) After World War I.
(c) The 1700s.
(d) No one knows for sure.
2. Where did Mr. Thompson first become interested in spreading British culture?
(a) After working in Kenya.
(b) Before going to Africa.
(c) At Oxford.
(d) In New York city.
3. What made the agricultural officer dream for a Forest Station?
(a) Seeing one in another forest.
(b) Learning about them in school.
(c) He came up with the idea all on his own.
(d) Reading about one in a book.
4. In "Chapter 3," what does Gikonyo say detention did to Mugo?
(a) Made him better educated.
(b) Made him strong.
(c) Make him strange.
(d) Made him confused.
5. In "Chapter 4," what memory does Mr. Thompson have of dogs?
(a) The dog that attacked him.
(b) The time he hit a dog with his car.
(c) The dog his wife gave away.
(d) The dog his parents had when he was growing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kept in Mahee in "Chapter 2"?
2. When did Warui join the Movement?
3. Why does Mrs. Thompson say she often fought with Van Dyke?
4. What is uhuru?
5. Who does Mrs. Thompson believe will take her husband's job at the library?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)