|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mugo feel after visiting the trench in "Chapter 12"?
(a) He wants to leave Kenya.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He wants to hit someone.
(d) He wants to run for political office.
2. What made Karanja confess his love to Mumbi when they were teenagers?
(b) Someone told him to.
3. In "Chapter 4," what memory does Mr. Thompson have of dogs?
(a) The dog his parents had when he was growing up.
(b) The dog his wife gave away.
(c) The dog that attacked him.
(d) The time he hit a dog with his car.
4. How long is Gikonyo in the concentration camp in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
5. What makes Gikonyo confess to taking the oath while in the concentration camp?
(a) He doesn't confess to the oath.
(b) Wanting to clear his name.
(c) Seeing Mumbi's face in his mind.
(d) Being tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 12," what reason does Mugo give for not giving a speech?
2. How does Gikonyo try to hold onto his marriage while in the concentration camp?
3. Why is Mrs. Thompson lonely?
4. How is Dr. Henry Van Dyke described?
5. In "Chapter 12," what does Warui tell Mugo the old woman saw?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)