|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dr. Henry Van Dyke described?
2. In "Chapter 4," why does Karanja apologize to Mwaura?
(a) Because Mrs. Thompson asks him to.
(b) Because he was wrong.
(c) So Mwaura will help him get a better job.
(d) So he won't make an enemy.
3. How does Karanja react to the dog in "Chapter 4"?
(a) He grabs a rock to throw at it.
(b) He hits the dog with a stick.
(c) He runs away from it.
(d) He calls it over to him so he can pet it.
4. At the end of "Chapter 12," what happens when Gikonyo goes home?
(a) Mumbi apologizes.
(b) The police are there.
(c) Mumbi has left.
(d) The hut is on fire.
5. In "Chapter 12," what does Mugo remember about the trench?
(a) When he was arrested.
(b) When Mumbi gave birth.
(c) When Gikonyo was arrested.
(d) When Kihika gave a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gatu do in the concentration camps to help out his fellow prisoners?
2. In "Chapter 4," how does Karanja feel about taking a message to Mrs. Thompson?
3. What does Karanja do at the library?
4. How does Mugo feel after visiting the trench in "Chapter 12"?
5. What does Gikonyo try to do to Mumbi after running into Karanja at the market in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)