|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gatu do in the concentration camps to help out his fellow prisoners?
(a) He makes jokes.
(b) He gives them money.
(c) He sneaks in their loved ones.
(d) He cooks.
2. How does Karanja treat Gikonyo after he is released from the concentration camp?
(a) He avoids Gikonyo on the street.
(b) He acts like he doesn't know Gikonyo.
(c) He treats Gikonyo like a brother.
(d) He tries to start a fight with Gikonyo.
3. In "Chapter 12," what does Mugo see in the trench?
(a) Dead bodies.
4. In "Chapter 4," how does Karanja feel about taking a message to Mrs. Thompson?
(a) Like she'll harass him.
(b) Like it is beneath him.
(c) Like it's a good break from work.
(d) Like it is an honor.
5. In "Chapter 4," why does Karanja apologize to Mwaura?
(a) So Mwaura will help him get a better job.
(b) So he won't make an enemy.
(c) Because he was wrong.
(d) Because Mrs. Thompson asks him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mugo feel after visiting the trench in "Chapter 12"?
2. In "Chapter 12," what reason does Mugo give for not giving a speech?
3. Who tells Gikonyo that Mumbi had a child with Karanja?
4. Who is Kenyetta?
5. Why does Dr. Henry Van Dyke threaten to kill himself?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)