1. How does Mugo feels when he wakes up in "Chapter 1"?
2. What does porridge remind Mugo of?
(a) The detention center.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) His mother.
3. What is uhuru?
(c) The right to vote.
4. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
(a) The environment.
5. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
(a) Because he couldn't hear.
(b) Because he stepped on a land mine.
(c) Because he was a poor soldier.
(d) Because he was asleep during an attack.
6. In "Chapter 1", why does Mugo feel a connection with Gitoko's mother?
(a) Because he lost a brother in the war.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she looks like his mother.
(d) Because she seems to recognize him.
7. What does Gitoko's mother's hut remind Mugo of?
(a) A fire that damaged the town.
(c) Raising dogs.
(d) Sleeping with goats.
8. Who did Mugo live with after he was orphaned?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His uncle.
This section contains 4,517 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)