1. How does Mugo feels when he wakes up in "Chapter 1"?
2. What does porridge remind Mugo of?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) His mother.
(c) Being sick.
(d) The detention center.
3. What is uhuru?
(a) The right to vote.
4. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
(c) The environment.
5. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
(a) Because he was asleep during an attack.
(b) Because he couldn't hear.
(c) Because he was a poor soldier.
(d) Because he stepped on a land mine.
6. In "Chapter 1", why does Mugo feel a connection with Gitoko's mother?
(a) Because he lost a brother in the war.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she seems to recognize him.
(d) Because she looks like his mother.
7. What does Gitoko's mother's hut remind Mugo of?
(a) Raising dogs.
(c) A fire that damaged the town.
(d) Sleeping with goats.
8. Who did Mugo live with after he was orphaned?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His cousin.
This section contains 4,517 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)