1. How does Mugo feels when he wakes up in "Chapter 1"?
2. What does porridge remind Mugo of?
(a) Being sick.
(b) The detention center.
(c) His mother.
(d) Boarding school.
3. What is uhuru?
(a) The right to vote.
4. In "Chapter 1", what does Githua talk to Mugo about?
(b) The environment.
5. Why was Gitoko killed in the war?
(a) Because he was asleep during an attack.
(b) Because he stepped on a land mine.
(c) Because he was a poor soldier.
(d) Because he couldn't hear.
6. In "Chapter 1", why does Mugo feel a connection with Gitoko's mother?
(a) Because she seems to recognize him.
(b) Because she cooks for him.
(c) Because she looks like his mother.
(d) Because he lost a brother in the war.
7. What does Gitoko's mother's hut remind Mugo of?
(a) Sleeping with goats.
(b) Raising dogs.
(c) A fire that damaged the town.
8. Who did Mugo live with after he was orphaned?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
This section contains 4,517 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)