Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Research Kenyan independence and analyze the historical accuracy in this novel.
2. Consider the settings of village, detention/concentration camp and town. How does setting affect the characters who interact in these places?
3. Analyze the theme of loneliness in "A Grain of Wheat,"
4. Explore the issues of race that are raised in this novel.
5. Consider the romantic relationships in "A Grain of Wheat." How are they influenced by politics?
6. Compare the Movement to the American Revolution or another historical movement toward independence.
7. Compare and contrast the...
This section contains 355 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)