|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator going to see in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 9 after the narrator mentioned the legend of the dragon and fairy, how many men survived an attack?
3. In Chapter 12, where does the narrator live?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Lake Charles.
4. What is Miss Giau’s job at the restaurant in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 12, what is the brand of the shoe that used to belong to a famous person?
(d) Saville Row.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where does the narrator live?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Miss Giau live?
3. When did the Trung sisters throw themselves into a river and drown?
4. What type of fence does the narrator have around her house in Chapter 8?
5. What color ao dai did the woman wear that the officer saw in the middle of the road in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does the narrator describe the special shoe that he owns?
2. What is the memory of fighting that the narrator shares in Chapter 9?
3. Why are iguanas popular in Puerto Vallarta?
4. In Chapter 10, what did the major discover when he awoke for a second time?
5. What is a marriage ceremony like in Vietnam according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 12, why didn’t the narrator’s family come with him to America?
7. In Chapter 10, what did Miss Linh save the narrator from?
8. Why does the narrator in Chapter 9 find it strange that he escaped Vietnam and so many others didn’t?
9. Why does Gabrielle believe a woman at the pool wearing a black two-piece suit won a puzzle-solving show?
10. In Chapter 11, what happened to Miss Giau’s fiancé?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)