|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, when did the story take place that the narrator tells?
2. In Chapter 8, who is allowed to hear the conversation between mother and child about the world?
(d) Only the child.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what time is it?
(b) After 6.
(d) Not even 5.
4. By the time the narrator relates the time when he and the other men rested, how many men had he seen killed?
5. In Chapter 13 when the narrator visits Thuy in the hospital, what color are Thuy’s nails painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the family that owns the restaurant in Chapter 11?
2. Where did Thuy and her family live when they first came to the United States?
3. In Chapter 11, what type of clock is in the restaurant?
4. How long are Gabrielle and Vinh scheduled to stay in Puerto Vallarta?
5. What is Miss Giau’s job at the restaurant in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator in Chapter 13 do after her husband died?
2. Why does Gabrielle believe a woman at the pool wearing a black two-piece suit won a puzzle-solving show?
3. Why does the narrator in Chapter 9 find it strange that he escaped Vietnam and so many others didn’t?
4. In Chapter 11, why does Mr. Cohen say that Christmas is not his holiday?
5. What is a marriage ceremony like in Vietnam according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 10, what did the woman in the road tell the officer after he crashed and found himself lying on the ground?
7. When and where did Thuy and the narrator meet Ly?
8. In Chapter 11, what happened to Miss Giau’s fiancé?
9. Where is Thuy to be buried?
10. In Chapter 12, why didn’t the narrator’s family come with him to America?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)