|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the brand of the shoe that used to belong to a famous person?
(c) Saville Row.
2. In Chapter 9 after the narrator mentioned the legend of the dragon and fairy, how many men survived an attack?
3. In Chapter 9 when Saigon fell, where did some hide in an attempt to leave Vietnam?
(a) Cargo holds.
(b) Storage crates.
(d) Landing gear of planes.
4. In Chapter 9, where does the narrator remember stopping to rest?
(a) Mahogany forest.
(b) Red River Delta.
(c) Rice paddy.
(d) Song Gam Mountains.
5. What is Miss Giau’s job at the restaurant in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thuy and her family live when they first came to the United States?
2. In Chapter 13, how did Thuy die?
3. In Puerto Vallarta on what floor of the hotel do Gabrielle and her husband stay?
4. What type of fence does the narrator have around her house in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 9, what city did the narrator’s son and mother live in when Saigon fell?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what did the woman in the road tell the officer after he crashed and found himself lying on the ground?
2. How does the narrator in Chapter 8 feel about her baby being a girl and why?
3. In Chapter 12, why didn’t the narrator’s family come with him to America?
4. Why does the narrator in Chapter 9 find it strange that he escaped Vietnam and so many others didn’t?
5. In Chapter 12, how did the narrator have the courage to leave Vietnam?
6. What is a marriage ceremony like in Vietnam according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
7. What does the narrator discover in Chapter 13 when she prepared Thuy’s body?
8. In Chapter 12, how does the narrator describe the special shoe that he owns?
9. When and where did Thuy and the narrator meet Ly?
10. What is the memory of fighting that the narrator shares in Chapter 9?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)