|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where were the narrator’s parrots and grandmother, when her grandfather asked her to go talk to Mr. Green?
(a) Under a banana tree.
(c) Living room.
(d) Front porch.
2. Where does Miss Noi go to live with Fontenot?
3. In Chapter 2, where did the narrator’s father grow up?
(a) A small village.
(d) Da Nang.
4. In Chapter 7, what does the narrator’s wife’s name mean?
5. In Chapter 1, where is there a disturbance that involves small arms and then the Cobras?
(a) Shiceng Dashan.
(b) Tản Viên Mountain.
(c) Hồng Lĩnh mountain.
(d) Long Khanh Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thieu, where does the former President of the former Republic of Vietnam live?
2. Who is Mr. Green?
3. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the voodoo man that the narrator consults?
4. Where did Khanh and his wife grow up?
5. What is the subject matter of the photos on the narrator’s desk when he receives Thap’s file in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Vietnamese custom about sharing bad news?
2. Who is the narrator of the story in Chapter 2?
3. How does Mr. Green die in Chapter 2?
4. What are two things in Chapter 7 that are exceptional about the narrator?
5. What does Mr. Chinh say about cars he has driven in his lifetime?
6. What was in the room behind a bead curtain in Chapter 2?
7. What does Doctor Joseph tell the narrator to do to stop the man who is having an affair with the narrator’s wife?
8. In Vietnam, how would men react when they saw Buom on the street?
9. What happens to the narrator in Chapter 7 when he tries to throw a hog’s bladder over his rival’s house?
10. What do Thieu and the former President of the former Republic of Vietnam have in common?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)