|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the GI from in Chapter 4 that Miss Noi remembers?
2. When does the story that Miss Noi tells about her life take place?
3. What type of sneakers does Thieu’s son wear?
4. Where did Miss Noi live when she first came to the United States?
(b) Baton Rouge.
5. Where did Khanh and his wife grow up?
(a) Vung Tau.
(b) Tan Phuroc.
(c) Phu My.
(d) Long Hoa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have co-workers called the narrator Ted in Chapter 5?
2. How long does Townsend grill Thap before the narrator is allowed to speak with him alone?
3. When does Fran say that many young people died in Saigon?
4. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the voodoo man that the narrator consults?
5. Where does the narrator in Chapter 1 work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did it take so long to get Francine and her mother out of Vietnam?
2. What did Fran do to try to figure out what cold weather felt like?
3. How did the Chapter 1 narrator lose his wife?
4. What are two things in Chapter 7 that are exceptional about the narrator?
5. What happens to the narrator in Chapter 7 when he tries to throw a hog’s bladder over his rival’s house?
6. What was Miss Noi’s apartment like in Saigon?
7. What does Thieu remember about the time when Saigon fell?
8. What does the narrator in Chapter 1 do during the war?
9. Who is the narrator of the story in Chapter 2?
10. What is the Vietnamese custom about sharing bad news?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)