|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Chapter 1 narrator live?
2. In Chapter 5, where does Thieu live?
(b) Lake Charles.
(c) Baton Rouge.
3. What is the subject matter of the photos on the narrator’s desk when he receives Thap’s file in Chapter 1?
(a) Bombed building.
(b) Exploded jeep.
(c) Political prisoners.
(d) Dead woodcutters.
4. How old was Miss Noi when she moved to New Orleans?
5. According to her mother, what nationality is Francine’s name?
(a) American and German.
(b) American and Spanish.
(c) American and Portuguese.
(d) American and French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit did Miss Noi like for the GIs to give her?
2. Where does Miss Noi go to live with Fontenot?
3. In Chapter 6, how long has Francine been in the United States?
4. What is Thieu’s occupation?
5. Where was the GI from in Chapter 4 that Miss Noi remembers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Chinh say about cars he has driven in his lifetime?
2. What do Thieu and the former President of the former Republic of Vietnam have in common?
3. What did Fran do to try to figure out what cold weather felt like?
4. What happens to the narrator in Chapter 7 when he tries to throw a hog’s bladder over his rival’s house?
5. What are two things in Chapter 7 that are exceptional about the narrator?
6. What does Thieu try to interest in son in doing when Bill is bored?
7. Who is the narrator of the story in Chapter 2?
8. Who is Thap?
9. What does the narrator in Chapter 1 do during the war?
10. How did Miss Noi get to America?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)