|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Thieu, where does the former President of the former Republic of Vietnam live?
(d) Rio de Janerio.
2. What time of day did Thieu and his new bride escape from Vietnam?
(a) 3 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
3. In Chapter 7, how old was the narrator’s wife when they married?
4. In Chapter 4, where does Miss Noi live?
(d) New Orleans.
5. When does the story that Miss Noi tells about her life take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Miss Noi live when she first came to the United States?
2. In Chapter 3, what type of car does Khanh drive?
3. In Chapter 4, what does a GI buy Miss Noi?
4. In Chapter 3, what type of contest is The Paradise Club running?
5. In Chapter 2, what did the narrator’s grandfather take her to see when they lived in Saigon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story in Chapter 2?
2. What was Miss Noi’s apartment like in Saigon?
3. What films are frequently shown in the officers’ club that the Chapter 1 narrator does not enjoy?
4. What does Thieu remember about the time when Saigon fell?
5. Who is Thap?
6. Why did it take so long to get Francine and her mother out of Vietnam?
7. What does the narrator in Chapter 1 do during the war?
8. What does Thieu do for a living?
9. How did Miss Noi get to America?
10. When and how did Khanh’s wife’s father die?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)