|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what was Thuy’s favorite apple?
(a) Red delicious.
(d) Golden delicious.
2. What type of fence does the narrator have around her house in Chapter 8?
(a) Wrought iron.
(d) White picket.
3. What type of flowers has the narrator in Chapter 8 put in oak barrels?
4. In Chapter 9, what type of dwelling did the narrator’s son and the boy’s mother live?
(b) Small house.
(c) Thatched house.
(d) High-rise apartment.
5. In Chapter 14, where does the narrator say she was from?
(a) Cam Ranh.
(b) Phnom Penh.
(d) Da Nang.
6. In Chapter 8, when did the narrator meet her Vietnamese love?
(a) Temple Festival.
(b) Mid-Autumn Festival.
(c) Mountain Festival.
(d) Mid-winter Festival.
7. Who is the narrator going to see in Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 13, where does the narrator live?
(b) Lake Charles.
(c) New Orleans.
9. What did the couple that made the deal before the sisters win?
10. In Chapter 9 after the narrator mentioned the legend of the dragon and fairy, how many men survived an attack?
11. In Chapter 11, what is Miss Giau’s religion?
12. By the time the narrator relates the time when he and the other men rested, how many men had he seen killed?
13. What would the sisters have won if they had been able to make the deal before theirs?
14. In Chapter 8, who is allowed to hear the conversation between mother and child about the world?
(b) Only the child.
15. In Chapter 12, what does the narrator remember his wife having that he would like to touch again?
(c) Hair ribbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where did Miss Gaui live when she first came to America?
2. Who is the Vietnamese genie of marriage?
3. In Puerto Vallarta, what colors are painted on the airport building?
4. In Chapter 12, what is the brand of the shoe that used to belong to a famous person?
5. In Chapter 10, where is the narrator going?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)