|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10 when the officer awakened after seeing a woman in the road, how long had he been unconscious?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. In Chapter 14, where does the narrator say she was from?
(a) Cam Ranh.
(c) Da Nang.
(d) Phnom Penh.
3. In Chapter 13, how old would the narrator and Thuy have been?
4. In Chapter 9 when the narrator remembers stopping to rest, how old does he say his lieutenant was?
5. In Chapter 14, what types of flowers grow around the pool at the hotel?
6. In Chapter 9 when Saigon fell, where did some hide in an attempt to leave Vietnam?
(a) Landing gear of planes.
(c) Cargo holds.
(d) Storage crates.
7. In Chapter 10 as the officer drove through the mountains, what dashed across the road?
8. In Chapter 11, what type of clock is in the restaurant?
(b) Digital clock.
(d) Water clock.
9. What would the sisters have won if they had been able to make the deal before theirs?
10. In Chapter 11, where did Miss Gaui live when she first came to America?
(b) St. Louis.
11. In Chapter 9, what type of dwelling did the narrator’s son and the boy’s mother live?
(a) High-rise apartment.
(b) Thatched house.
(c) Small house.
12. In Chapter 9, how old was the narrator’s son when Saigon was falling?
(b) In his mother’s womb.
(d) Almost 5.
13. In Chapter 12, how long does the narrator believe it will be before the Vietnamese are the only shrimp fisherman in the Gulf of Mexico?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
14. How long are Gabrielle and Vinh scheduled to stay in Puerto Vallarta?
(a) 6 nights, 5 days.
(b) 5 nights, 4 days.
(c) 3 nights, 2 days.
(d) 4 days, 3 nights.
15. In Chapter 13, how old were the narrator and Thuy when they last ran in the white foam of the breakers on the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the brand of the shoe that used to belong to a famous person?
2. In Puerto Vallarta on what floor of the hotel do Gabrielle and her husband stay?
3. What is Miss Giau’s job at the restaurant in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 9 after the narrator mentioned the legend of the dragon and fairy, how many men survived an attack?
5. In Chapter 10, what was the rank of the officer who visited his mistress?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)