|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did the Chapter 1 narrator lose his wife?
2. What was the religion of the Chapter 2 narrator’s paternal grandfather?
3. In Chapter 7, how old was the narrator’s wife when they married?
4. What is the name of the government program that allows a longtime, hard-core Viet Cong to switch sides?
(a) Open Arms.
(b) In and Out.
(c) Brothers in Arms.
(d) Comrade Brother.
5. What type of cigarettes does Thap smoke?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Khanh say his wife’s father died?
(d) Auto accident.
7. In Chapter 7, at what base in Vietnam did the narrator say that he worked with many Americans?
(c) Bien Hoa.
8. In Chapter 1, where is there a disturbance that involves small arms and then the Cobras?
(a) Shiceng Dashan.
(b) Tản Viên Mountain.
(c) Hồng Lĩnh mountain.
(d) Long Khanh Mountains.
9. What is Thieu’s son’s name?
10. What is Mr. Chinh wearing when he gets off the plane in Chapter 3?
(a) Black dress shirt.
(b) Blue chambray shirt.
(c) Red-and-black-plaid sport shirt.
(d) Green t-shirt.
11. In Chapter 6, where is Fran living when her father sends letters?
(a) Da Nang.
(c) Phnom Penh.
12. How old was one of Francine’s Vietnamese friends when she got a Russian pen pal?
13. How old is the narrator when she tells her story in Chapter 2?
14. In Chapter 7, what was the translated name of the restaurant owned by a man who was having an affair with the narrator’s wife?
(a) Vegetables with fish.
(b) Chicken and fish sauce.
(c) Fish with noodles.
(d) Sauteed beef with noodles.
15. In Chapter 3, what type of car does Khanh drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how old was the narrator when he married?
2. In Chapter 2, what did the narrator’s grandfather take her to see when they lived in Saigon?
3. How old was Miss Noi when she moved to New Orleans?
4. What nationality were the actors and actresses in the film shown in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 2, where was the narrator’s childhood home located?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)