|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where does Khanh plan to open another laundry?
(a) Moss Bluff.
2. In Chapter 3, where does Khanh live?
(a) Lake Charles, Louisiana.
(b) Lafayette, Louisiana.
(c) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(d) Port Arthur, Louisiana.
3. What does Fran tell her friends that her name is?
4. The first time that Fontenot talks with Miss Noi, what does he buy to drink?
(d) Dr. Pepper.
5. Where does Francine find a footlocker of old letters her father wrote?
(b) Guest room.
(d) Storage shack.
6. What can Ho Chi Minh mean according to Francine?
(a) Very intelligent starch-paste.
(b) Lost Garbage.
(d) Beautiful One.
7. In Chapter 7, what did the voodoo man give the narrator to put at the man’s house who was having an affair with the narrator’s wife?
(a) Calf stomach.
(b) Dog skin.
(c) Cat skin.
(d) Hog bladder.
8. When do the crickets begin to crow where Thieu lives?
9. Where does the Chapter 1 narrator’s ex-wife live?
10. How old was Thieu when Saigon fell?
11. What type of sneakers does Thieu’s son wear?
12. In Chapter 2, how old was the narrator when her grandfather died?
13. To whom did the Chapter 1 narrator lose his wife?
14. In Chapter 6, for how long did a little girl think her father was a shadow on the wall?
(a) More than a year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
15. What nationality were the actors and actresses in the film shown in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does the foyer of the voodoo man’s house smell like?
2. When the narrator speaks with the voodoo man in Chapter 7, what type of chair does the man sit in?
3. Where does the narrator in Chapter 1 work?
4. In Chapter 3, how many years did the Grandfather live under communist rule?
5. Where was the GI from in Chapter 4 that Miss Noi remembers?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)