|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator when she tells her story in Chapter 2?
2. On what street does Miss Noi work?
(a) Bourbon Street.
(b) Desire Street.
(c) Canal Street.
(d) Audubon Place.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Khanh say his wife’s father died?
(d) Auto accident.
4. When did Miss Noi come to America?
5. In Chapter 1, where is there a disturbance that involves small arms and then the Cobras?
(a) Long Khanh Mountains.
(b) Hồng Lĩnh mountain.
(c) Tản Viên Mountain.
(d) Shiceng Dashan.
6. What time of day did Thieu and his new bride escape from Vietnam?
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
7. What does Fran tell her friends that her name is?
8. In Chapter 4, what does a GI buy Miss Noi?
(a) Saigon tea.
(b) Black tea.
(c) Green tea.
9. When do the crickets begin to crow where Thieu lives?
10. In Chapter 3, what type of contest is The Paradise Club running?
(a) Mini skirt.
(b) Bull riding.
(c) Wet t-shirt.
(d) Mud wrestling.
11. In Chapter 7, what was the translated name of the restaurant owned by a man who was having an affair with the narrator’s wife?
(a) Vegetables with fish.
(b) Sauteed beef with noodles.
(c) Fish with noodles.
(d) Chicken and fish sauce.
12. In Chapter 7, what does the foyer of the voodoo man’s house smell like?
(a) Candles and marijuana.
(b) Incense and tobacco smoke.
(c) Fermented mash and incense.
(d) Mildew and incense.
13. In Chapter 3, what type of sale is the Texas Winners running?
(a) Baseball trophies.
(b) Hiking equiptment.
14. What is the subject matter of the photos on the narrator’s desk when he receives Thap’s file in Chapter 1?
(a) Political prisoners.
(b) Bombed building.
(c) Dead woodcutters.
(d) Exploded jeep.
15. In Chapter 2, when did the narrator’s grandfather die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how long have the narrator and his wife lived where they do?
2. In Chapter 3, who accompanies Mr. Chinh on the plane?
3. Where did Miss Noi live when she first came to the United States?
4. In Chapter 7, how old was the narrator when he married?
5. During the Vietnam War, for whom did the Chapter 1 narrator serve as an interpreter?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)