|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how old was the narrator’s Vietnamese love when they met?
2. In Chapter 12, whose shoe does the narrator own?
(a) Abraham Lincoln's.
(b) John Lennon's.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.’s
(d) George Washington's.
3. Who leads the ceremony on the day of marriage in Vietnam?
(a) Male head of the groom’s family.
(b) Bride’s grandfather.
(c) Groom's grandfather.
(d) Male head of the bride's family.
4. In Chapter 12, what does the narrator remember his wife having that he would like to touch again?
(b) Hair ribbons.
5. In Chapter 12, what color is the leather of the shoe that used to belong to a famous person?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Trung sisters throw themselves into a river and drown?
2. In Chapter 8, who is allowed to hear the conversation between mother and child about the world?
3. In Chapter 12, when does the narrator say that the Trung sisters threw the Chinese out of Vietnam?
4. What type of fence does the narrator have around her house in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 12, what type of music does the narrator say he likes now he is in America?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)