|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the ceremony on the day of marriage in Vietnam?
(a) Male head of the bride's family.
(b) Bride’s grandfather.
(c) Male head of the groom’s family.
(d) Groom's grandfather.
2. In Chapter 12, what type of music does the narrator say he likes now he is in America?
(a) Easy listening.
(b) New age.
3. When did the Trung sisters throw themselves into a river and drown?
(a) 18. B.C.
(b) 43 A.D.
(c) 18 A.D.
(d) 43 B.C.
4. Where did Miss Noi live when she first came to the United States?
(d) Baton Rouge.
5. In Chapter 12, what does the narrator remember his wife having that he would like to touch again?
(c) Hair ribbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how old was the narrator when she met her Vietnamese love?
2. In Chapter 12, how large is the lot on which the narrator’s house is built?
3. What color ao dais did Miss Noi have in Saigon?
4. How old was Miss Noi when she moved to New Orleans?
5. When does the story that Miss Noi tells about her life take place?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)