|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the party at Adekunle's with Leafy?
2. What information does Leafy reveal to Dr. Murray about his report?
3. Where is the second apartment for Hazel located?
4. In the KNP, Adekunle is responsible for _________________.
5. In Part Two, Chapter 4, what event does Leafy attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapters 6-10, how does Leafy display his anger?
2. In the final chapter of the novel, how does the theme of resignation come through?
3. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
4. At the end of the novel, what happens to Dr. Murray, and what is Leafy's response?
5. Who are the various people Leafy has to report to, and what stress does this cause him?
6. Are internal or external causes the root of Leafy's problems?
7. What is Project Kingpin?
8. Explain the predicament Leafy has gotten himself into by having a relationship with Celia.
9. In Part Two, Chapter 9, why doesn't Leafy have sex with Priscilla?
10. Why does Adekunle need Dr. Murray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In A Good Man In Africa, there are many dishonest acts. In an essay, analyze the theme of dishonesty. Using examples from the text, which characters behave in dishonest ways?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a literary device used to give meaning to an object beyond the obvious. Write an essay that analyzes a symbol used in A Good Man In Africa. Include a description of the symbol and how it is used in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Are Leafy's problems a result of internal or external causes? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)