|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Leafy reveal to Dr. Murray about his report?
2. Who pays for the fetish priest ceremony?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 1, who does Leafy feels is the one he's been waiting for all his life?
4. In Part Two, Chapter 9, how does Priscilla see Leafy?
5. After Morgan tries on the Father Christmas outfit, why does Mrs. Fanshawe suddenly leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 6, what happens between the Duchess and Leafy after he plays Santa?
2. Are internal or external causes the root of Leafy's problems?
3. In the final chapter of the novel, how does the theme of resignation come through?
4. What is Project Kingpin?
5. Explain Leafy's selfishness in Part Two.
6. Who are the various people Leafy has to report to, and what stress does this cause him?
7. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
8. What happens when Leafy proposes the bribe to Dr. Murray?
9. In Part Two, Leafy is losing many things. What is he losing?
10. What is Adekunle's alternate plan for dealing with Dr. Murray's report?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, write a literary critique of A Good Man In Africa. Include the following:
· What is the author's purpose in writing the story?
· What is the author's underlying belief about the topic?
· Do you agree with the author's conclusions?
· Does the writing follow a conventional plot diagram?
· Is the conflict made clear?
· Do you agree with the author's resolution of the conflict?
· Is there enough evidence throughout the novel to support the events that take place?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the reading of the novel, we have analyzed the development of the plot. In an essay, summarize the key events of the novel and how they relate to the following elements of plot: exposition, conflict, rising action, climax, and resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Using the situation of Leafy having to remove the body of Innocence, juxtapose the British and American interests in Kinjanja.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)