|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part Two, Chapter 10, Leafy states his name is _________________.
2. What is the name of Leafy's servant?
3. At the end of Part Two, Chapter 13, why does Leafy think Celia wants him?
4. When Priscilla and Leafy are at his place, what does Priscilla begin to do?
5. What gift does Leafy receive from Adekunle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter 6, what happens between the Duchess and Leafy after he plays Santa?
2. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
3. How does Leafy leave the party at Adekunle's?
4. Describe Leafy's first meeting with Priscilla.
5. What happens when Leafy proposes the bribe to Dr. Murray?
6. In the final chapter of the novel, how does the theme of resignation come through?
7. What is Project Kingpin?
8. Are internal or external causes the root of Leafy's problems?
9. In Part Two, Chapters 6-10, how does Leafy display his anger?
10. Describe the affair between Celia and Leafy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Leafy reflects on his life, he is filled with regret. What does Leafy regret? Do you think he regrets coming to Africa? Using examples from the text, explore the theme of regret as it pertains to Leafy's life choices.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze the genre of A Good Man In Africa. What evidence from the text supports your opinion? Is it only one genre or a combination?
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, write a literary critique of A Good Man In Africa. Include the following:
· What is the author's purpose in writing the story?
· What is the author's underlying belief about the topic?
· Do you agree with the author's conclusions?
· Does the writing follow a conventional plot diagram?
· Is the conflict made clear?
· Do you agree with the author's resolution of the conflict?
· Is there enough evidence throughout the novel to support the events that take place?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)