|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of diversion does Leafy create so he can return the servant's body?
2. Whom does Leafy impersonate when leaving the party at Adekunle's?
3. After proposing the deal to Dr. Murray, where does Leafy hide out?
4. While hiding out and waiting for the election, what does Leafy think of Dr. Murray?
5. In Part Two, Chapter 9, what happens when Leafy and Priscilla go to the club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adekunle need Dr. Murray?
2. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
3. In Part Two, Chapters 6-10, how does Leafy display his anger?
4. In Part Two, Chapter 9, why doesn't Leafy have sex with Priscilla?
5. Towards the end of the novel, Leafy has a change of heart. What changes for him?
6. In the final chapter of the novel, how does the theme of resignation come through?
7. Are internal or external causes the root of Leafy's problems?
8. In part Three, Chapter 5, what does Leafy do with Innocence's body?
9. Explain the predicament Leafy has gotten himself into by having a relationship with Celia.
10. Explain Leafy's selfishness in Part Two.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many themes in the novel A Good Man In Africa. In an essay, analyze one of these themes. Use details from the text for support.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of Part One, Chapter 2, is decadence. In an essay, examine the theme of loss and analyze those things Leafy has lost, either through his own doing or someone else's.
Essay Topic 3
Project Kingpin is the code name given to the attempt at wooing Adekunle to British interests. In an essay, examine Project Kingpin. Why is it called Project Kingpin? To what does the title refer? How will its success or failure affect Leafy?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)