|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy tell Hazel?
2. Why does Leafy need to get to know Dr. Murray better?
3. Whom does Morgan run into at the beginning of Part One, Chapter 3?
4. In Part One, Chapter 3, who attends the special meeting with Leafy?
5. Who consulted the town planning records on the land in the proposed deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the death of Innocence symbolizes Leafy's predicament in Africa.
2. In Part One, Chapter 1, why is Leafy upset with himself?
3. In what ways is Leafy selfish?
4. Why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
5. How does Leafy feel about his appearance?
6. Explain Morgan Leafy's profession and location.
7. Explain the relationship between Great Britain and Kinjanja.
8. What details are revealed in Part One, Chapter 2, that lead the reader to believe Leafy leads an immoral life?
9. What has Leafy lost in his life?
10. Predict what will happen after Leafy receives the note to meet Adekunle in the small bar.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many themes in the novel A Good Man In Africa. In an essay, analyze one of these themes. Use details from the text for support.
Essay Topic 2
Part Two of the novel takes place in a flashback. In an essay, analyze the use of flashbacks to foreshadow future events. Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of Part One, Chapter 2, is decadence. In an essay, examine the theme of loss and analyze those things Leafy has lost, either through his own doing or someone else's.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)