|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, why can't Leafy go with Hazel?
2. Who does Leafy call to deal with the body?
3. In Part One, Chapter 1, whom does Leafy receive a call from?
4. What color is Leafy's hair?
5. What name does Leafy call Dr. Murray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is revealed by Lee Wan?
2. Why do the other servants not want Innocence's body removed?
3. Explain Morgan Leafy's profession and location.
4. What does the blackmailing require Leafy to do?
5. Why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
6. In Part One, Chapter 1, why is Leafy upset with himself?
7. What does the note the steward delivers to Leafy say?
8. What information is revealed about Leafy's loved ones back home?
9. What happened to Leafy's father, and how has it affected his life?
10. Explain Leafy's need for control and how he controls Hazel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting significantly affects the plot of a novel. In an essay, analyze the role of setting including a description of the setting of A Good Man In Africa. How can the setting change a novel? What are some examples of how the novel would be different if the setting were to change?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze the genre of A Good Man In Africa. What evidence from the text supports your opinion? Is it only one genre or a combination?
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, examine the role of dynamic and static characters in the novel A Good Man in Africa. Which characters are dynamic? Which characters are static?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)