|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 6, where does the phone call require Leafy to go?
2. What two things can Leafy count on in Africa?
3. Who consulted the town planning records on the land in the proposed deal?
4. Dr. Murray is the chairman of the ________________ committee.
5. Why is Adekunle in need of cash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leafy respond when Dr. Murray says he will not remove Innocence's body? What does this say about Leafy's ability to act under pressure?
2. What information is revealed about Leafy's loved ones back home?
3. Why doesn't Dr. Murray want to issue a positive report on Adekunle's land?
4. Why do the other servants not want Innocence's body removed?
5. Explain the relationship between Great Britain and Kinjanja.
6. In their first meeting, what does Adekunle ask Leafy to do?
7. Explain Leafy's need for control and how he controls Hazel.
8. Explain Morgan Leafy's profession and location.
9. In what ways does Adekunle encourage Leafy to know Dr. Murray better?
10. Compare and contrast Hazel and Priscilla.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting significantly affects the plot of a novel. In an essay, analyze the role of setting including a description of the setting of A Good Man In Africa. How can the setting change a novel? What are some examples of how the novel would be different if the setting were to change?
Essay Topic 2
How does Leafy's personal behavior and professional behavior collide to set Leafy up for his current state of affairs?
Essay Topic 3
Part Two of the novel takes place in a flashback. In an essay, analyze the use of flashbacks to foreshadow future events. Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)