|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hazel say was in the place where she lives?
2. In Part One, Chapter 6, what happened to one of the servants?
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, who makes the special delivery to Leafy?
4. Who is Lee Wan?
5. Who is Leafy's brother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What details are revealed in Part One, Chapter 2, that lead the reader to believe Leafy leads an immoral life?
2. In their first meeting, what does Adekunle ask Leafy to do?
3. Why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
4. What information is revealed by Lee Wan?
5. Explain Morgan Leafy's profession and location.
6. Predict what will happen after Leafy receives the note to meet Adekunle in the small bar.
7. Is Leafy fair to Hazel? Why or why not?
8. Compare and contrast Hazel and Priscilla.
9. Why doesn't Dr. Murray want to issue a positive report on Adekunle's land?
10. Explain how the death of Innocence symbolizes Leafy's predicament in Africa.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conflict is a critical literary element in narrative writing. Analyze the conflict in A Good Man In Africa. What type of conflict is it? What is the conflict? How does it further the story line? Use specific examples from the text to prove your point.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze what effect point of view has on the novel. Using examples from the text, from what point of view is A Good Man in Africa told? How would the novel change if it were told from each of the following different point of views:
Adekunle- first person
Hazel- first person
Third person omniscient
Essay Topic 3
Part Two of the novel takes place in a flashback. In an essay, analyze the use of flashbacks to foreshadow future events. Use examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)