|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sexually transmitted disease does Leafy have?
2. What is Dr. Murray's intention with the Building, Works and Sites Committee?
(a) Dr. Murray will quit the Committee due to a conflict in interest.
(b) Dr. Murray will run for President, then pass through Adekunle's proposal.
(c) Dr. Murray will issue a negative report against Sam Adekunle.
(d) Dr. Murray will get the Committee to go along with his ideas.
3. How could the mood be described when Leafy is at Adekunle's house with Celia?
4. What has yet to take place at the Commission grounds?
(a) The ruling on the real estate deal.
(b) The wedding nuptials of Dalmire and Priscilla.
(c) The promotion ceremony of Leafy.
(d) The removal of the dead servant.
5. What is Adekunle's goal in bribing Dr. Murray?
(a) Adekunle wants a promotion within the British military.
(b) Adekunle wants to sell his land to the university.
(c) Adekunle wants to purchase a larger office complex.
(d) Adekunle wants to sell his land to the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. After offering Adekunle a trip and being embarrassed by his response, whom does Leafy go to see?
2. In Part Three, Chapter 9, what does Jones show Leafy?
3. At the end of the novel, what happens to Dr. Murray?
4. What candidate does the United Kingdom support?
5. What information does Leafy reveal to Dr. Murray about his report?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter 9, why doesn't Leafy have sex with Priscilla?
2. What is Project Kingpin?
3. Describe Leafy's first visit to Dr. Murray.
4. In part Three, Chapter 5, what does Leafy do with Innocence's body?
5. Who are the various people Leafy has to report to, and what stress does this cause him?
6. In the final chapter of the novel, how does the theme of resignation come through?
7. Towards the end of the novel, Leafy has a change of heart. What changes for him?
8. At the end of the novel, what happens to Dr. Murray, and what is Leafy's response?
9. Explain the predicament Leafy has gotten himself into by having a relationship with Celia.
10. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)