|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter 9, what happens when Leafy and Priscilla go to the club?
(a) Priscilla leaves alone and angry.
(b) Priscilla begins to let her guard down and acquiesce to Leafy.
(c) Priscilla and Leafy make plans against Adekunle.
(d) Priscilla rebuffs Leafy's advances.
2. What has yet to take place at the Commission grounds?
(a) The promotion ceremony of Leafy.
(b) The wedding nuptials of Dalmire and Priscilla.
(c) The removal of the dead servant.
(d) The ruling on the real estate deal.
3. Who catches Leafy leaving Celia's place?
(a) Dr. Murray.
4. At the beginning of Part Two, the story is told in ________________.
(a) Another language.
(b) The future.
(c) A flashback.
(d) The first person.
5. Adekunle's wife invites Leafy to ____________.
(a) A restaurant opening.
(b) A campaign rally.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A film screening.
Short Answer Questions
1. After proposing the deal to Dr. Murray, where does Leafy hide out?
2. What candidate does the United Kingdom support?
3. How long has it been since Celia has been home to England?
4. What sexually transmitted disease does Leafy have?
5. When the servants at the Commission heard that the dead body was removed, what was their response?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adekunle need Dr. Murray?
2. At the end of the novel, what happens to Dr. Murray, and what is Leafy's response?
3. Explain how Celia Adekunle comes into play in Part Two of the novel.
4. Are internal or external causes the root of Leafy's problems?
5. In Part Three, Chapter 6, what happens between the Duchess and Leafy after he plays Santa?
6. Who are the various people Leafy has to report to, and what stress does this cause him?
7. In Part Two, Chapters 6-10, how does Leafy display his anger?
8. What is Project Kingpin?
9. Explain Leafy's selfishness in Part Two.
10. With what information does Adekunle blackmail Leafy?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)