|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 4, why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
(a) Adekunle knows of Leafy's failed business attempts.
(b) It is unknown at this point in the novel.
(c) Adekunle knows of Leafy's gain in employment as a British ambassador.
(d) Adekunle knows of Leafy's promiscuous habits.
2. How old is the daughter of the servant who died?
3. Who is Jill?
(a) Leafy's sister.
(b) Leafy's mother.
(c) Leafy's aunt.
(d) Leafy's daughter.
4. Whom is Leafy directed to bribe?
(a) Dr. Murray.
5. What name does Leafy call Dr. Murray?
(a) English fool.
(b) Scottish bastard.
(c) African jerk.
(d) Welsh idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 6, from whom does Leafy receive a call?
2. For what country does Morgan Leafy work?
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, where does Leafy go after leaving the club?
4. In Part One, Chapter 3, who attends the special meeting with Leafy?
5. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy do after Hazel leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Leafy and Hazel?
2. What tragedy strikes the British High Commission in Nkongsamaba, and how is Leafy involved?
3. What does the blackmailing require Leafy to do?
4. Explain Leafy's need for control and how he controls Hazel.
5. In Part One, Chapter 1, the reader discovers Leafy is being blackmailed. Explain what is known about this situation in this section of the novel.
6. Predict what will happen after Leafy receives the note to meet Adekunle in the small bar.
7. In their first meeting, what does Adekunle ask Leafy to do?
8. In Part One, Chapter 1, why is Leafy upset with himself?
9. In Part One, Chapter 4, who behaves in a dishonest fashion?
10. Explain the relationship between Great Britain and Kinjanja.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)