|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 3, who attends the special meeting with Leafy?
(c) No one.
2. What is the name of the god the servants feel is responsible for the death of the servant?
3. Why can't the University Health Service help Leafy?
(a) It is out of their jurisdiction.
(b) It is the middle of the night.
(c) The leader has a personal vendetta against Leafy.
(d) No one on staff is available.
4. How does Leafy feel about Chloe's request at the Commission complex?
(a) He is unable to complete the request.
(b) He feels he is lowering himself to do it.
(c) He eagerly accepts.
(d) He refuses because it is illegal.
5. To whom is Dalmire engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 4, why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
2. What does Leafy lecture Hazel about when she returns from her errand for him?
3. In what city is the club barbecue in Part One, Chapter 3, that Morgan attends?
4. What is the name of the person in the place where Hazel lives?
5. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy do with Hazel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Leafy fair to Hazel? Why or why not?
2. In what ways does Adekunle encourage Leafy to know Dr. Murray better?
3. In Part One, Chapter 1, the reader discovers Leafy is being blackmailed. Explain what is known about this situation in this section of the novel.
4. How does Leafy respond when Dr. Murray says he will not remove Innocence's body? What does this say about Leafy's ability to act under pressure?
5. Explain how the death of Innocence symbolizes Leafy's predicament in Africa.
6. What details are revealed in Part One, Chapter 2, that lead the reader to believe Leafy leads an immoral life?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in Part One, Chapter 3?
8. In Part One, Chapter 1, why is Leafy upset with himself?
9. What does the reader learn about Leafy's character when he is so upset at Dr. Murray that he wants to ruin his reputation?
10. What happened to Leafy's father, and how has it affected his life?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)