|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Leafy call Dr. Murray?
(a) African jerk.
(b) Welsh idiot.
(c) Scottish bastard.
(d) English fool.
2. After meeting with Chloe, what do Priscilla and Leafy talk about?
(a) Priscilla pleads with Morgan to rekindle their relationship.
(b) Leafy wants to talk about their relationship, but Priscilla does not.
(c) Priscilla recommends a plan to flea Africa together.
(d) They discuss the upcoming election.
3. What is the relationship between Leafy and Dalmire?
(a) Leafy and Dalmire are brothers.
(b) Leafy and Dalmire are father and son.
(c) Leafy is Dalmire's subordinate.
(d) Leafy is Dalmire's superior.
4. Why does Leafy need to get to know Dr. Murray better?
(a) He has a gambling debt to pay off.
(b) He is lonely and wants more friends.
(c) He is being blackmailed.
(d) He is his superior.
5. How old was Leafy when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leafy's brother-in-law?
2. How does Leafy describe his family back home?
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, Leafy thinks about whose engagement?
4. What is the purpose of Dr. Murray's committee at the university?
5. What does Leafy lecture Hazel about when she returns from her errand for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the other servants not want Innocence's body removed?
2. Why is Adekunle able to blackmail Leafy?
3. What information is revealed about Leafy's loved ones back home?
4. Explain Leafy's need for control and how he controls Hazel.
5. In Part One, Chapter 4, who behaves in a dishonest fashion?
6. Explain the relationship between Great Britain and Kinjanja.
7. Compare and contrast Hazel and Priscilla.
8. In what ways is Leafy selfish?
9. What tragedy strikes the British High Commission in Nkongsamaba, and how is Leafy involved?
10. What details are revealed in Part One, Chapter 2, that lead the reader to believe Leafy leads an immoral life?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)