|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the servant's body can be removed from the Commission's premises, how long is the required ceremony by the priest?
(a) As long as it takes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fourteen hours.
2. When Leafy arrives home from the Commission premises with the servant's body, who is protesting in front of his house?
3. What is the code name of the project to woo Adekunle for British interests?
(a) Project Kingpin.
(b) Operation Surprise.
(c) Operation Phoenix.
(d) Project Bandwagon.
4. What does Leafy plan to do after telling Fanshawe everything?
(a) Leafy plans to run away with Celia.
(b) Leafy plans to stay in hiding.
(c) Leafy plans to resign.
(d) Leafy plans to flea the country.
5. In Part Three, Chapter 8, Leafy lies to Adekunle about __________.
(a) Bribing Dr. Murray.
(b) His sexually transmitted disease.
(c) His affair with Celia.
(d) The winner of the election.
6. Part Three of Chapter 1 begins in what time?
(a) As a flashback to previous events.
(b) Many years into the future.
(c) Ten years in the future.
(d) Back in the present tense.
7. In Part Three, Chapter 9, what does Jones show Leafy?
(a) A cancelled check from Leafy to Hazel.
(b) A text message from Celia.
(c) The missing ballots.
(d) The clinic bill for Hazel's treatments.
8. What candidate does the United Kingdom support?
9. In Part Two, Chapter 11, whom does Priscilla invite out to a club?
(b) Nobody, she goes alone.
(d) Dr. Murray.
10. What does the UK plan to buy more of from Kinjanja?
(a) Tobacco and opium.
(b) Oil and gas.
(c) Guns and ammunition.
(d) Diamonds and sapphires.
11. When the servants at the Commission heard that the dead body was removed, what was their response?
(a) The servants performed their own ceremony.
(b) The servants went on strike.
(c) The servants ransacked the Commission.
(d) The servants went to protest in front of Leafy's house.
12. After offering Adekunle a trip and being embarrassed by his response, whom does Leafy go to see?
13. What is Dr. Murray's intention with the Building, Works and Sites Committee?
(a) Dr. Murray will issue a negative report against Sam Adekunle.
(b) Dr. Murray will get the Committee to go along with his ideas.
(c) Dr. Murray will run for President, then pass through Adekunle's proposal.
(d) Dr. Murray will quit the Committee due to a conflict in interest.
14. How could the mood be described when Leafy is at Adekunle's house with Celia?
15. What is Arthur Fanshawe's response to seeing the servant's body?
(a) He recoils.
(b) He grimmaces.
(c) He faints.
(d) He vomits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leafy tell Dr. Murray after escaping the riots?
2. After Dr. Murray's response to Leafy's proposal, what does Leafy do?
3. Adekunle bribes Leafy with ________________.
4. Who catches Leafy leaving Celia's place?
5. What did Leafy mistakenly tell Robinson?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)