|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part Two, Chapter 13, why does Leafy think Celia wants him?
(a) For his sexual prowess.
(b) For his good looks.
(c) For his money.
(d) For his stature and position.
2. What sexually transmitted disease does Leafy have?
3. Where is Chloe Fanshawe told to stay to remain safe?
(a) At Adekunle's.
(b) At the university.
(c) At the High Commission.
(d) At the home of Denzil Jones.
4. What does the UK plan to buy more of from Kinjanja?
(a) Guns and ammunition.
(b) Tobacco and opium.
(c) Diamonds and sapphires.
(d) Oil and gas.
5. How long has it been since Celia has been home to England?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
6. Who is the representative of the Marxist-Leninist People's Party of Kinjanja?
7. In Part Two, Chapter 9, how does Priscilla see Leafy?
(a) As a scared gigolo type.
(b) As an overprivleged aristocrat.
(c) As a deceiving Brit.
(d) As a pathetic loser.
8. What does Leafy tell Dr. Murray after escaping the riots?
(a) Leafy tells Murray that there is still a chance to become rich through Adekunle.
(b) Leafy tells Murray that he will resign.
(c) Leafy tells Murray that the rioters are heading their way.
(d) Leafy tells Murray that he is leaving town.
9. In the KNP, Adekunle is responsible for _________________.
(a) Foreign and international affairs.
(b) Domestic and financial affairs.
(c) Communication and diplomatic affairs.
(d) Agricultural and technological affairs.
10. What has yet to take place at the Commission grounds?
(a) The wedding nuptials of Dalmire and Priscilla.
(b) The promotion ceremony of Leafy.
(c) The removal of the dead servant.
(d) The ruling on the real estate deal.
11. When Leafy arrives home from the Commission premises with the servant's body, who is protesting in front of his house?
12. What does Leafy plan to do after telling Fanshawe everything?
(a) Leafy plans to flea the country.
(b) Leafy plans to run away with Celia.
(c) Leafy plans to stay in hiding.
(d) Leafy plans to resign.
13. How could the mood be described when Leafy is at Adekunle's house with Celia?
14. What natural resource plays a role in the election?
15. Whom does Leafy impersonate when leaving the party at Adekunle's?
(b) Dr. Murray.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leafy and Priscilla first see each other socially, what is Priscilla's reaction to Leafy's advances?
2. What time of day do Leafy and his servant remove the body from the Commission premises?
3. In Part Two, Chapter 11, whom does Leafy pick up at the airport?
4. Who is Adekunle's wife?
5. Leafy plans to offer Adekunle a trip to ____________.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)