|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leafy's boss?
(a) Professor Chief Sam Adekunle.
(b) Arthur Fanshawe.
(c) Dr. Alex Murray.
(d) Richard Dalmire.
2. How does Leafy feel about Chloe's request at the Commission complex?
(a) He feels he is lowering himself to do it.
(b) He is unable to complete the request.
(c) He eagerly accepts.
(d) He refuses because it is illegal.
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, where does Leafy go to have a special meeting?
(a) The dance floor.
(b) A small bar in the same club.
(c) A booth across the restaurant.
(d) The brothel next door.
4. Who is Jill?
(a) Leafy's sister.
(b) Leafy's mother.
(c) Leafy's aunt.
(d) Leafy's daughter.
5. In Part One, Chapter 3, how does Leafy feel about attending the special meeting?
6. Why does Leafy want to get to know Dr. Murray?
(a) Dr. Murray is a wealthy man.
(b) Dr. Murray has political sway in the upcoming election.
(c) It is uncertain at this point in the novel.
(d) Leafy is lonely and looking for new friends.
7. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, why can't Leafy go with Hazel?
(a) The place she is going is an unofficial campaign headquarters for Adekunle's party workers.
(b) Leafy has to return to work.
(c) There is a curfew in place.
(d) The place she is going is unsafe for Britains.
8. Whom did Dr. Alex Murray bring to the disco?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His son.
(c) His colleague.
(d) His banker.
9. What does Lee Wan introduce Leafy to in Africa?
(c) Gambling centers.
10. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy send Hazel to do?
(a) Get a new book.
(b) Get more beer.
(c) Deliver a telegram.
(d) Take notes on a letter.
11. Why can't the University Health Service help Leafy?
(a) It is out of their jurisdiction.
(b) It is the middle of the night.
(c) No one on staff is available.
(d) The leader has a personal vendetta against Leafy.
12. Who is the author of A Good Man in Africa?
(a) Timothy Smith.
(b) Michael Miller.
(c) Richard Warren.
(d) William Boyd.
13. Who does Hazel say was in the place where she lives?
(a) Her coworker.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
14. Why does Leafy need to get to know Dr. Murray better?
(a) He is his superior.
(b) He is being blackmailed.
(c) He has a gambling debt to pay off.
(d) He is lonely and wants more friends.
15. What is Leafy thinking about on his way home in Part One, Chapter 5?
(a) His failed relationship with Priscilla.
(b) How he will bribe Dr. Murray.
(c) Whether or not he wants to go and see Hazel.
(d) His work tomorrow at the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consulted the town planning records on the land in the proposed deal?
2. What does Leafy reminisce about in Part One, Chapter 5?
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, what does Leafy regret?
4. In what city does the book open?
5. In Part One, Chapter 6, where does the phone call require Leafy to go?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)