|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 3, what does Leafy invite Murray to do?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Have a beer.
(c) Come over for dinner.
(d) Play a round of golf.
2. Who is Leafy's boss?
(a) Professor Chief Sam Adekunle.
(b) Richard Dalmire.
(c) Arthur Fanshawe.
(d) Dr. Alex Murray.
3. What name does Leafy call Dr. Murray?
(a) African jerk.
(b) Scottish bastard.
(c) Welsh idiot.
(d) English fool.
4. What does the reader learn about Leafy's sexual nature while at the club barbeque?
(a) Leafy is unsecure in his sexual nature.
(b) Leafy goes after love.
(c) Leafy is a one woman man.
(d) Leafy is free and easy.
5. In Part One, Chapter 3, who makes the special delivery to Leafy?
(b) A steward.
(c) A bartender.
6. What does Lee Wan introduce Leafy to in Africa?
(a) Gambling centers.
7. In Part One, Chapter 1, what time of year is it in Africa?
(c) Around Christmas.
8. What is the relationship between Leafy and Dalmire?
(a) Leafy is Dalmire's subordinate.
(b) Leafy and Dalmire are father and son.
(c) Leafy is Dalmire's superior.
(d) Leafy and Dalmire are brothers.
9. Why does Leafy need to get to know Dr. Murray better?
(a) He is lonely and wants more friends.
(b) He has a gambling debt to pay off.
(c) He is being blackmailed.
(d) He is his superior.
10. What is the purpose of the land Adekunle sold to the Nkongsamba Town Council two years ago?
(a) Nkongsamba city council offices.
(b) Municipal rubbish dump.
(c) Apartment buildings.
(d) City park.
11. What is the name of the person in the place where Hazel lives?
12. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy send Hazel to do?
(a) Get a new book.
(b) Get more beer.
(c) Take notes on a letter.
(d) Deliver a telegram.
13. Who is the female character that Leafy is excited to see at the club barbecue?
(b) The Duchess.
14. What is Adekunle's title?
(a) Chairman of the Nkongsamba Chamber of Commerce.
(b) Chairman of the Buildings, Works, and Sites Committee.
(c) Professor of Economics and Business Management.
(d) Nkongsamba Town Council Mayor.
15. To whom is Dalmire engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adekunle in need of cash?
2. At the end of Part One, Chapter 6, Leafy wishes to ruin Dr. Murray's __________________?
3. In Part One, Chapter 1, whom does Leafy receive a call from?
4. Why is Leafy upset with Dr. Murray?
5. What is Leafy thinking about on his way home in Part One, Chapter 5?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)