|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leafy describe his family back home?
2. After meeting with Chloe, Leafy walks with Priscilla to __________________.
(a) The library.
(b) The gardens.
(c) The market.
(d) Her car.
3. In Part One, Chapter 3, where does Leafy go to have a special meeting?
(a) A small bar in the same club.
(b) The dance floor.
(c) The brothel next door.
(d) A booth across the restaurant.
4. In Part One, Chapter 1, whom does Leafy receive a call from?
(a) Richard Dalmire.
(b) Dr. Alex Murray.
(c) Chloe Fanshawe.
(d) Arthur Danshawe.
5. Who is the author of A Good Man in Africa?
(a) Timothy Smith.
(b) Richard Warren.
(c) William Boyd.
(d) Michael Miller.
6. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy send Hazel to do?
(a) Take notes on a letter.
(b) Get a new book.
(c) Deliver a telegram.
(d) Get more beer.
7. What does the university want to build?
(c) Residence hall and cafeteria.
(d) Science building.
8. To whom is Dalmire engaged?
9. In Part One, Chapter 5, what does Leafy regret?
(a) His estrangement from his family.
(b) His relationship with Hazel.
(c) Losing Priscilla to Dalmire.
(d) His lost political campaign.
10. Who does Hazel say was in the place where she lives?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her coworker.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
11. What causes Leafy to question Hazel about her evening plans?
(a) She does her makeup.
(b) She cooks dinner.
(c) She dresses up.
(d) She packs her bag.
12. In Part One, Chapter 3, who makes the special delivery to Leafy?
(a) A bartender.
(d) A steward.
13. In what city does the book open?
14. What is Arthur Fanshawe's title?
(a) Ambassador to Britain.
(b) Deputy High Commissioner.
(c) Leader of the Kinjanjan National Party.
(d) Second Secretary of the Commission.
15. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy do after Hazel leaves?
(a) He goes to the market to buy beer.
(b) He writes her a note.
(c) He goes to a club barbecue.
(d) He steals her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is requested of Leafy at the Commission complex?
2. Why does Leafy need to get to know Dr. Murray better?
3. What does Leafy lecture Hazel about when she returns from her errand for him?
4. What is the purpose of Dr. Murray's committee at the university?
5. Who is Leafy's boss?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)