|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the female character that Leafy is excited to see at the club barbecue?
(c) The Duchess.
2. What is Dr. Murray's intention concerning his committee?
(a) To purchase the proposed land site for himself.
(b) To file a positive report on the proposed land acquisition site.
(c) To sell the land site to the university from his personal holdings.
(d) To file a negative report on the proposed land acquisition site.
3. How much should Leafy use in the bribe?
(a) Ten thousand pounds sterling.
(b) One thousand pounds sterling.
(c) Fifteen thousand pounds sterling.
(d) Five thousdand pounds sterling.
4. What does Professor Chief Sam Adekunle represent?
(a) The British interests in Africa.
(b) The Kinjanjan National Party.
(c) The Deputy Commissioner.
(d) United Association of Miners.
5. What two things can Leafy count on in Africa?
(a) Liars and cheaters.
(b) Friends and faith.
(c) Love and money.
(d) Sex and beer.
6. What is the name of the god the servants feel is responsible for the death of the servant?
7. Why can't the University Health Service help Leafy?
(a) It is the middle of the night.
(b) The leader has a personal vendetta against Leafy.
(c) It is out of their jurisdiction.
(d) No one on staff is available.
8. In Part One, Chapter 5, where does Leafy go after leaving the club?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) His office.
9. How does Leafy describe his family back home?
10. Does Adekunle have more or less influence on the Town Council since entering politics?
(a) More influence.
(b) Zero influence.
(c) Less influence.
(d) About the same amount of influence.
11. In Part One, Chapter 1, what time of year is it in Africa?
(b) Around Christmas.
12. Where does Hazel say she is going?
(a) To a ballroom.
(b) To the Nightingale Restaurant.
(c) To the Exectutive Hotel.
(d) To a movie.
13. Who is Lee Wan?
(a) A Malay biochemist.
(b) A Nkongsamba political party leader.
(c) An African businessman.
(d) A family friend of Priscilla Fanshawe.
14. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy do with Hazel?
(a) Buys tickets back to England.
(b) Plots against the Fanshawes.
(c) Sleeps with her.
(d) Works on her dissertation.
15. In Part One, Chapter 1, whom does Leafy receive a call from?
(a) Dr. Alex Murray.
(b) Richard Dalmire.
(c) Arthur Danshawe.
(d) Chloe Fanshawe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the land Adekunle sold to the Nkongsamba Town Council two years ago?
2. In Part One, Chapter 3, where does Leafy go to have a special meeting?
3. In Part One, Chapter 5, Leafy thinks about whose engagement?
4. What does Leafy think about his father?
5. In Part One, Chapter 3, what does Leafy invite Murray to do?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)