|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter 5, where does Leafy go after leaving the club?
(a) His office.
(b) A restaurant.
2. After meeting Lee Wan, what new character does Leafy run into?
(a) Matthew Mead.
(b) Fred Mason.
(c) Henry Jones.
(d) Denzil Jones.
3. How does Leafy feel about being in the middle of a blackmail deal?
4. How much should Leafy use in the bribe?
(a) Five thousdand pounds sterling.
(b) Ten thousand pounds sterling.
(c) Fifteen thousand pounds sterling.
(d) One thousand pounds sterling.
5. In Part One, Chapter 2, what is Hazel doing when Leafy arrives?
6. At the end of Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy tell Hazel?
(a) To return to work.
(b) He will look in on her later.
(c) To be careful.
(d) He will send a message to Fanshawe on her behalf.
7. Since there was an altercation between Leafy and Dr. Murray, what won't Leafy be able to do?
(a) Seek his blessing on his relationship with Hazel.
(b) Ask Dr. Murray for a raise.
(c) Play golf with Dr. Murray.
(d) Trust Dr. Murray in the future.
8. Who is Leafy's boss?
(a) Professor Chief Sam Adekunle.
(b) Richard Dalmire.
(c) Arthur Fanshawe.
(d) Dr. Alex Murray.
9. What is the purpose of the land Adekunle sold to the Nkongsamba Town Council two years ago?
(a) Apartment buildings.
(b) Municipal rubbish dump.
(c) Nkongsamba city council offices.
(d) City park.
10. Who is the protagonist?
(a) Sam Adekunle.
(b) Morgan Leafy.
(c) Arthur Fanshawe.
(d) Richard Dalmire.
11. In Part One, Chapter 2, what does Leafy send Hazel to do?
(a) Deliver a telegram.
(b) Get more beer.
(c) Take notes on a letter.
(d) Get a new book.
12. What is Arthur Fanshawe's title?
(a) Second Secretary of the Commission.
(b) Leader of the Kinjanjan National Party.
(c) Deputy High Commissioner.
(d) Ambassador to Britain.
13. Why is Adekunle in need of cash?
(a) To bribe Leafy.
(b) To purchase a new house.
(c) To pay for election expenses.
(d) To provide for his family.
14. What does Professor Chief Sam Adekunle represent?
(a) United Association of Miners.
(b) The British interests in Africa.
(c) The Deputy Commissioner.
(d) The Kinjanjan National Party.
15. Why can't the University Health Service help Leafy?
(a) It is out of their jurisdiction.
(b) The leader has a personal vendetta against Leafy.
(c) It is the middle of the night.
(d) No one on staff is available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leafy's brother-in-law?
2. Who is the author of A Good Man in Africa?
3. What is the name of the god the servants feel is responsible for the death of the servant?
4. What is the name of the daughter of the servant who died?
5. Why does Leafy want to get to know Dr. Murray?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)