|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
2. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
3. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
4. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
5. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
2. Why did Zippy's mom get kicked out of Catholic school?
3. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
4. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
5. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
6. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
7. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
8. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
9. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
10. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zippy tended to exaggerate at certain times in the book. Is there a pattern to this behavior? What is it? When does Zippy exaggerate? How does Zippy exaggerate? Does it add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 2
When did Zippy's mother show her independence? Do you think she returned to college? What do you think happened after Zippy's mother left that day on her bike? How do you think it changed the relationship between the mother and father?
Essay Topic 3
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)