|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dan start playing basketball?
2. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
3. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
4. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
5. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
2. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
3. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
4. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
5. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
6. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
7. Why did Zippy's mom get kicked out of Catholic school?
8. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
9. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
10. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the author means by the statement that there was no multiculturalism in Mooreland, IN. Please reference her examples. What did Zippy view as multiculturalism? Was it different colors of skin or different classes of people? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance that Zippy did not talk till she was almost three and when she finally did, that she spoke in complete sentences? What were her first words? What is remarkable about that? How did her father react? What do you think of his reaction?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)