|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
2. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
3. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
4. At the party at Rose of Sharon's house, what gift did Zippy get?
5. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dana's life like at home?
2. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
3. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
4. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
5. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
6. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
7. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
8. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
9. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
10. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author believe that Mooreland is the same now as it was when she grew up there? What does she say about the current residents? Why do you think she writes this disclaimer in the Prologue of the book? What, in Zippy's personality, is the author trying to protect when she does this?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance that Zippy did not talk till she was almost three and when she finally did, that she spoke in complete sentences? What were her first words? What is remarkable about that? How did her father react? What do you think of his reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the author means by the statement that there was no multiculturalism in Mooreland, IN. Please reference her examples. What did Zippy view as multiculturalism? Was it different colors of skin or different classes of people? Explain your answer.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)