|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
2. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
3. What did Zippy overhear Mrs. O'Dell say to Polly?
4. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
5. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
Essay Topic 1
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance that Zippy did not talk till she was almost three and when she finally did, that she spoke in complete sentences? What were her first words? What is remarkable about that? How did her father react? What do you think of his reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Zippy tended to exaggerate at certain times in the book. Is there a pattern to this behavior? What is it? When does Zippy exaggerate? How does Zippy exaggerate? Does it add to the story? How?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)