|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zippy's fourth grade teacher?
2. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
3. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
4. During the big fight between Zippy's parents, what did Zippy's mom ask her father?
5. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
2. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
3. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
4. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
5. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
6. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
7. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
8. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
9. What was Dana's life like at home?
10. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zippy's mom's upbringing. Do you think she had a good childhood? What do you think of the story that her mother told the class about the brain tumor? What does this do to your opinion of Zippy's mother? Do you think her childhood affected her adult life? How?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zippy think of going to church on Sunday? How did she stall before church? What were some of her tricks? Was Zippy's opinion of church influenced by her father? How? How did her opinion change after he took her to "his" church?
Essay Topic 3
How did Zippy's dad prepare to go camping? How would you describe this behavior? Why do you think Zippy's dad went through this ritual? Why was this important to him?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)