Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
3. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
4. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
Essay Topic 1
Does the author believe that Mooreland is the same now as it was when she grew up there? What does she say about the current residents? Why do you think she writes this disclaimer in the Prologue of the book? What, in Zippy's personality, is the author trying to protect when she does this?
Essay Topic 2
After Zippy's dad confronted his neighbor Reed, he tells Zippy, "There's danger everywhere." What did he mean by this statement to his daughter? What was his bigger message?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zippy think of going to church on Sunday? How did she stall before church? What were some of her tricks? Was Zippy's opinion of church influenced by her father? How? How did her opinion change after he took her to "his" church?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)