|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about Dana's parents?
2. What card game did Zippy's father play with her one afternoon when he was home?
3. What rule did Zippy's father have about cards dealt by a dad?
4. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
5. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the author means by the statement that there was no multiculturalism in Mooreland, IN. Please reference her examples. What did Zippy view as multiculturalism? Was it different colors of skin or different classes of people? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Although the author indicates that Mooreland was not connected to the outside world, what happened in this town that linked it with other towns across the country and gives the reader a sense of the year?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author believe that Mooreland is the same now as it was when she grew up there? What does she say about the current residents? Why do you think she writes this disclaimer in the Prologue of the book? What, in Zippy's personality, is the author trying to protect when she does this?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)