|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
3. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
4. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
Essay Topic 1
With the introduction of Dana and Melinda cleaning the house for her slumber party, what is evident about the Jarvis's house? What dark side does this bring forth? How does this signal Zippy's mom's depression?
Essay Topic 2
Who wrote the letter to Zippy at Christmas and what did it mean for Zippy? What do you think the author of the letter meant by "Thank you for not losing faith" and "Thank you for being so brave tonight"?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zippy think of going to church on Sunday? How did she stall before church? What were some of her tricks? Was Zippy's opinion of church influenced by her father? How? How did her opinion change after he took her to "his" church?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)