|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
2. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
3. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
4. What was Zippy's father really good at?
5. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
2. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
3. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
4. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
5. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
6. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
7. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
8. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
9. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
10. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zippy obviously adored her parents. She discussed their flaws in detail but seems to not be bothered by them. How were Zippy's parents good parents? How were they bad parents? What were their strengths? What were their flaws?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Did Zippy's mom feel guilty about Zippy being sick as a baby? How did that manifest in her life and her raising of Zippy?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)