Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
3. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
4. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
Essay Topic 1
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Does the author believe that Mooreland is the same now as it was when she grew up there? What does she say about the current residents? Why do you think she writes this disclaimer in the Prologue of the book? What, in Zippy's personality, is the author trying to protect when she does this?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zippy's dad do for a living? Was it ever made clear to the reader? Did he have a gambling problem? Why did Zippy's mom go to work at the Diner? What does this tell the reader about their financial situation?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)