|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Polly's brother accused of?
2. What was Zippy's mother really good at?
3. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
4. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
5. What did the Jarvis's NEVER eat on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
2. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
3. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
4. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
5. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
6. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
7. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
8. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
9. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
10. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Zippy's view of her father? How did she describe the things she believed he was good at? Why do you think he always carried a gun? Do you agree with Zippy's statement, "In short, he was what it meant to be a father and a man in 1971"?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How did Zippy's dad prepare to go camping? How would you describe this behavior? Why do you think Zippy's dad went through this ritual? Why was this important to him?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)