|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
2. Who was Julie's favorite horse?
3. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
4. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
5. Where did Zippy go to the drive-in movies?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zippy's mom's upbringing. Do you think she had a good childhood? What do you think of the story that her mother told the class about the brain tumor? What does this do to your opinion of Zippy's mother? Do you think her childhood affected her adult life? How?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zippy think of going to church on Sunday? How did she stall before church? What were some of her tricks? Was Zippy's opinion of church influenced by her father? How? How did her opinion change after he took her to "his" church?
Essay Topic 3
Zippy tended to exaggerate at certain times in the book. Is there a pattern to this behavior? What is it? When does Zippy exaggerate? How does Zippy exaggerate? Does it add to the story? How?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)