Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
3. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
4. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
Although the author indicates that Mooreland was not connected to the outside world, what happened in this town that linked it with other towns across the country and gives the reader a sense of the year?
Does the author believe that Mooreland is the same now as it was when she grew up there? What does she say about the current residents? Why do you think she writes this disclaimer in the Prologue of the book? What, in Zippy's personality, is the author trying to protect when she does this?
Zippy tended to exaggerate at certain times in the book. Is there a pattern to this behavior? What is it? When does Zippy exaggerate? How does Zippy exaggerate? Does it add to the story? How?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)