|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
2. What was Polly's brother accused of?
3. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
4. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
5. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
2. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
3. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
4. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
5. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
6. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
7. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
8. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
9. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
10. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Zippy's mother show her independence? Do you think she returned to college? What do you think happened after Zippy's mother left that day on her bike? How do you think it changed the relationship between the mother and father?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy obviously adored her parents. She discussed their flaws in detail but seems to not be bothered by them. How were Zippy's parents good parents? How were they bad parents? What were their strengths? What were their flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Julie's not talking to Zippy's not talking? At what stages of their lives did they do this? What is significant about this comparison? What did this say about their friends? How did Zippy know what Julie was thinking?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)