|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
2. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
3. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
4. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
5. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the author indicates that Mooreland was not connected to the outside world, what happened in this town that linked it with other towns across the country and gives the reader a sense of the year?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy tended to exaggerate at certain times in the book. Is there a pattern to this behavior? What is it? When does Zippy exaggerate? How does Zippy exaggerate? Does it add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jule Newman's parent's home. What did Zippy do there? Why was the home so inviting? Was it the actual structure or was it Julie's family? What were some of the activities that Julie and Zippy did while at Julie's house? Why did the activities make this place so special for Zippy? Why was it such a haven for Zippy?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)