|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Zippy want to play in the band?
2. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
3. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
4. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
5. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
2. Why did Zippy's mom get kicked out of Catholic school?
3. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
4. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
5. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
6. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
7. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
8. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
9. What was Dana's life like at home?
10. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the author indicates that Mooreland was not connected to the outside world, what happened in this town that linked it with other towns across the country and gives the reader a sense of the year?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Zippy's mom's upbringing. Do you think she had a good childhood? What do you think of the story that her mother told the class about the brain tumor? What does this do to your opinion of Zippy's mother? Do you think her childhood affected her adult life? How?
Essay Topic 3
What was Zippy's view of her father? How did she describe the things she believed he was good at? Why do you think he always carried a gun? Do you agree with Zippy's statement, "In short, he was what it meant to be a father and a man in 1971"?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)