|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
2. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
3. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
4. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
5. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
2. Why did Zippy's neighbor Reed threaten to kill her dogs?
3. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
4. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
5. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
6. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
7. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
8. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
9. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
10. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zippy's mom's upbringing. Do you think she had a good childhood? What do you think of the story that her mother told the class about the brain tumor? What does this do to your opinion of Zippy's mother? Do you think her childhood affected her adult life? How?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Zippy obviously adored her parents. She discussed their flaws in detail but seems to not be bothered by them. How were Zippy's parents good parents? How were they bad parents? What were their strengths? What were their flaws?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)