|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
2. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
4. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
5. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
Short Essay Questions
1. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
2. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
3. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
4. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
5. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
6. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
7. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
8. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
9. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
10. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
Essay Topic 1
Who wrote the letter to Zippy at Christmas and what did it mean for Zippy? What do you think the author of the letter meant by "Thank you for not losing faith" and "Thank you for being so brave tonight"?
Essay Topic 2
What was Zippy's view of her father? How did she describe the things she believed he was good at? Why do you think he always carried a gun? Do you agree with Zippy's statement, "In short, he was what it meant to be a father and a man in 1971"?
Essay Topic 3
Did Zippy's mom feel guilty about Zippy being sick as a baby? How did that manifest in her life and her raising of Zippy?
This section contains 1,659 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)