|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Navajo?
2. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
3. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
4. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
5. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
2. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
3. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
4. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
5. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
6. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
7. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
8. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
9. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
10. Who was Julie's voice and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zippy's mom's upbringing. Do you think she had a good childhood? What do you think of the story that her mother told the class about the brain tumor? What does this do to your opinion of Zippy's mother? Do you think her childhood affected her adult life? How?
Essay Topic 2
Who wrote the letter to Zippy at Christmas and what did it mean for Zippy? What do you think the author of the letter meant by "Thank you for not losing faith" and "Thank you for being so brave tonight"?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Julie's not talking to Zippy's not talking? At what stages of their lives did they do this? What is significant about this comparison? What did this say about their friends? How did Zippy know what Julie was thinking?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)