|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
2. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
3. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
4. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
5. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
2. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
3. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
4. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
5. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
6. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
7. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
8. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
9. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
10. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the author indicates that Mooreland was not connected to the outside world, what happened in this town that linked it with other towns across the country and gives the reader a sense of the year?
Essay Topic 2
Zippy obviously adored her parents. She discussed their flaws in detail but seems to not be bothered by them. How were Zippy's parents good parents? How were they bad parents? What were their strengths? What were their flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jule Newman's parent's home. What did Zippy do there? Why was the home so inviting? Was it the actual structure or was it Julie's family? What were some of the activities that Julie and Zippy did while at Julie's house? Why did the activities make this place so special for Zippy? Why was it such a haven for Zippy?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)