|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
2. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
3. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
4. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
5. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
2. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
3. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
4. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
5. Why was it important to Zippy that her sister win the Fair Queen in 1972?
6. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
7. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
8. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
9. Who was Julie's voice and why?
10. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zippy discussed her parents arguments in detail. What does this tell you about Zippy's parents and their relationship? In the end, do you think Zippy's parents remained married? Why? Why not? Explain your answers and give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What did Zippy think of going to church on Sunday? How did she stall before church? What were some of her tricks? Was Zippy's opinion of church influenced by her father? How? How did her opinion change after he took her to "his" church?
Essay Topic 3
Who wrote the letter to Zippy at Christmas and what did it mean for Zippy? What do you think the author of the letter meant by "Thank you for not losing faith" and "Thank you for being so brave tonight"?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)