|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
(b) A horse.
(c) A ping pong table.
2. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were Cuban.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(d) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
3. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
(a) She couldn't hear well and was afraid to drive.
(b) She had an accident and was scared to drive.
(c) She didn't have a driver's license.
(d) She didn't need to in such a small town.
4. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) Two cookie sheets.
(b) The roasting pan.
(c) A cheese board.
(d) Mixing bowls.
5. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(b) They talked in really high voices.
(c) They communicated in Spanish only.
(d) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zippy's mother really good at?
2. What was Polly's brother accused of?
3. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
4. What did the Jarvis's NEVER eat on?
5. What did Zippy trade the hippie couple for to get the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
2. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
3. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
4. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
5. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
6. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
7. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
8. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
9. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
10. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)