|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
(a) Zippy fell on her head and had a concussion.
(b) He broke her knee.
(c) He dislocated her arm.
(d) He twisted her back.
2. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(b) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(c) "It won't be long now."
(d) "Dad will never let her come back."
3. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
(a) A ceramic box.
(b) A bowl with a rabbit on top filled with chocolates.
(c) A cookie jar.
(d) A rooster.
4. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
(a) Dana's older sister.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) Dana's mother.
5. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
(a) The year she got the game of Life.
(b) The year she got the piano.
(c) The year she got a bike.
(d) The year she got a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rose got a piano, what did Zippy play on it?
2. What was unique about Dana's parents?
3. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
4. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
5. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
2. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
3. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
4. Why did Zippy's mom get kicked out of Catholic school?
5. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
6. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
7. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
8. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
9. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
10. What was Dana's life like at home?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)