|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(b) It was white and rotated on a stand.
(c) It was made out of silver tinsel.
(d) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
2. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) The roasting pan.
(b) A cheese board.
(c) Two cookie sheets.
(d) Mixing bowls.
3. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were older than most of the other parents.
(b) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(c) They were Cuban.
(d) They were younger than most of the other parents.
4. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
(a) A hole in the road.
(b) A lamppost.
(c) A dog.
(d) The railroad tracks.
5. What did Zippy's mom get in trouble for in Catholic School?
(a) For talking back to a teacher.
(b) For wearing her skirts too short.
(c) For skipping classes.
(d) For asking if God left when the candles went out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
2. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
3. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
4. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
5. What instrument did Zippy want to play in the band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
2. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
3. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
4. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
5. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
6. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
7. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
8. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
9. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
10. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)