|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In a roaster.
(b) In an oven.
(c) In a "turkey fryer."
(d) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
2. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(b) Peppermint candy.
(c) An orange.
(d) A book.
3. What was Dan committed to?
(d) His family.
4. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
(c) Sammy Bellings.
(d) Zippy's father.
5. What game were Julie and Dana playing on the playground after school one day?
(c) Monkey bars.
(d) Jump rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
2. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
3. What instrument did Zippy want to play in the band?
4. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
5. What did Zippy's father lose gambling that belonged to her and only her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
2. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
3. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
4. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
5. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
6. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
7. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
8. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
9. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
10. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)