|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
(a) The Diner.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The Holiday Cleaners.
(d) The drugstore.
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was made out of silver tinsel.
(b) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
(c) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(d) It was white and rotated on a stand.
3. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(a) Peppermint candy.
(c) A book.
(d) An orange.
4. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
(a) Doc Holiday.
(b) Mr. Sewell.
5. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
(a) A dirt mound.
(b) A pile of dead civilians.
(d) A pile of pineapple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
2. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
3. During the big fight between Zippy's parents, what did Zippy's mom ask her father?
4. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
5. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dana's life like at home?
2. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
3. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
4. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
5. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
6. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
7. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
8. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
9. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
10. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)