|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy think of the six of clubs in a deck of cards?
(a) It was a boy.
(b) It was girly.
(c) The club was a shovel.
(d) The six was the devil.
2. What kind of gun did Zippy's dad keep in a shoulder holster.
(a) A Saturday Night Special.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A 38.
(d) A 357 Magnum.
3. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
(a) She outgrew her bicycle.
(b) She grew four inches and outgrew all her clothes.
(c) Her grandmother died.
(d) Her feet grew four sizes and she wore flip flops all the time.
4. What did the Jarvis's NEVER eat on?
(a) The kitchen counter.
(b) Their laps.
(c) T.V trays.
(d) The dining room table and the breakfast bar.
5. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was made out of silver tinsel.
(b) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
(c) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(d) It was white and rotated on a stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
2. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
3. What card game did Zippy's father play with her one afternoon when he was home?
4. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
5. What was Zippy's father really good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
2. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
3. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
4. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
5. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
6. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
7. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
8. What was Dana's life like at home?
9. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
10. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)