|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
(a) In Zippy's father's truck.
(b) On the lawnmower.
(c) On a tractor.
(d) On Zippy's bike.
2. What was Polly's brother accused of?
(a) Killing innocent people in Vietnam.
(b) Robbing the gas station.
(c) Killing his commanding officer.
(d) Killing his wife's boyfriend.
3. At the Newman's birthday party, who did NOT jump into the corn pile?
4. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
(a) Brightly colored streamers.
(b) Brakes on the handle bars.
(c) A horn that played music.
(d) Playing cards in the spokes.
5. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
2. What did Zippy overhear Mrs. O'Dell say to Polly?
3. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
4. During the big fight between Zippy's parents, what did Zippy's mom ask her father?
5. What did Zippy's mom get in trouble for in Catholic School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
2. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
3. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
4. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
5. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
6. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
7. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
8. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
9. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
10. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)