|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(d) They were Cuban.
2. What was Zippy's father really good at?
3. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
(a) With a life-sized Santa and Mrs. Clause.
(b) With a string of white lights along the fence.
(c) With lighted deer.
(d) With colored bulbs.
4. What was Polly's brother accused of?
(a) Killing his wife's boyfriend.
(b) Robbing the gas station.
(c) Killing his commanding officer.
(d) Killing innocent people in Vietnam.
5. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They went home to get ready for the next day.
(b) The went bowling.
(c) They went to bars to drink.
(d) They gambled at the riverboats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
2. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
3. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
4. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
5. What was Dana wearing her first day at Zippy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
2. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
3. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
4. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
5. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
6. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
7. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
8. What was Dana's life like at home?
9. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
10. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)