|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were older than most of the other parents.
(b) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(c) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(d) They were Cuban.
2. Where did Zippy's family keep her pony Tim without permission?
(a) Behind the Friends Church in a meadow.
(b) In Zippy's back yard.
(c) In their own back yard.
(d) In Tall Oaks campground.
3. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "Dad will never let her come back."
(b) "It won't be long now."
(c) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(d) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
4. What did Melinda ask Zippy about their father when Zippy visited her while she was sewing?
(a) "Is he drinking?"
(b) "Did he fix your bike?"
(c) "Can dad come over and work on my sink?"
(d) "Is he working?"
5. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
(a) Mr. Sewell.
(c) Doc Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
2. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
3. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
4. What did Mildred do when she heard that smoking was bad for her health?
5. Where was Zippy's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
2. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
3. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
4. What was Dana's life like at home?
5. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
6. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
7. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
8. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
9. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
10. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)