|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
(b) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
(c) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(d) They were not good at their jobs.
2. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
(a) The year she got the game of Life.
(b) The year she got a bike.
(c) The year she got the piano.
(d) The year she got a car.
3. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
(a) Debbie Newman.
(b) Zippy's mom.
(d) Zippy's dad.
4. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
(b) The Evil Queen.
5. What rule did Zippy's father have about cards dealt by a dad?
(a) They should always be worse cards than held by the dad.
(b) Players could exchange them.
(c) Players must accept them.
(d) They should never be Aces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
2. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
3. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
4. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
5. What did Zippy's mom think of Dan's ESP power?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
2. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
3. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
4. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
5. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
6. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
7. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
8. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
9. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
10. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)