|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dana wearing her first day at Zippy's school?
(a) A baseball cap.
(c) A black leather Biker jacket.
(d) A scarf.
2. What happened to Dana in the end?
(a) Her mother took her and left town.
(b) Dana moved away with her family.
(c) Dana left town one night with her dad.
(d) Dana's aunt came and claimed Dana was her daughter.
3. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
4. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Sophomore in high school.
5. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
(a) A dirt mound.
(b) A pile of dead civilians.
(d) A pile of pineapple.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
2. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
3. What was Dan committed to?
4. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
5. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
2. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
3. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
4. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
5. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
6. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
7. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
8. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
9. Why did Zippy's mom believe that Daniel's ESP was the "blocker" type.
10. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)