|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
(a) She was a college graduate.
(b) She spoke French.
(c) She could cook anything in a crock pot.
(d) She could make any food crunch.
2. What kind of gun did Zippy's dad keep in a shoulder holster.
(a) A Saturday Night Special.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A 38.
(d) A 357 Magnum.
3. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(d) They were Cuban.
4. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
5. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) Four pair of socks in different colors.
(c) A bike.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
2. What did Dana's parents do after work?
3. What did Zippy think of the six of clubs in a deck of cards?
4. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
5. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
2. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
3. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
4. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
5. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
6. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
7. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
8. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
9. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
10. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)