|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
(a) The railroad tracks.
(b) A lamppost.
(c) A hole in the road.
(d) A dog.
2. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
(d) The Evil Queen.
3. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They were Cuban.
(d) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
4. What had Melinda done to her house after she got married?
(a) She painted it blue.
(b) She set fire to it twice.
(c) She kept chickens inside.
(d) She planted a garden.
5. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
(a) A horn that played music.
(b) Playing cards in the spokes.
(c) Brightly colored streamers.
(d) Brakes on the handle bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
2. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
3. What did Zippy name the dog?
4. What was Zippy's father really good at?
5. Who was Zippy's fourth grade teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
2. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
3. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
4. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
5. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
6. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
7. What was Dana's life like at home?
8. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
9. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
10. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)