|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
(a) A letter.
(b) Four pair of socks in different colors.
(c) A bike.
(d) A cookbook.
2. What was Zippy's father really good at?
3. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In a roaster.
(b) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
(c) In a "turkey fryer."
(d) In an oven.
4. What was Dan committed to?
(b) His family.
5. What had Melinda done to her house after she got married?
(a) She painted it blue.
(b) She kept chickens inside.
(c) She planted a garden.
(d) She set fire to it twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
2. Why did Dan start playing basketball?
3. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
4. What did Zippy overhear Mrs. O'Dell say to Polly?
5. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
2. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
3. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
4. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
5. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
6. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
7. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
8. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
9. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
10. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)