|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(b) "It won't be long now."
(c) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(d) "Dad will never let her come back."
2. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
(a) To the church.
(b) To her sister's house.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To school.
3. What did Zippy's father lose gambling that belonged to her and only her?
(a) Zippy's bracelet.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) A dresser from Zippy's room.
(d) A twenty-five dollar savings bond.
4. What was Zippy's mother really good at?
(a) Cleaning house.
(b) Reading books.
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
(a) She confronted him directly.
(b) She offered to stay and read a book during lessons.
(c) She told another teacher.
(d) She brought her dog to the lessons with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Melinda ask Zippy about their father when Zippy visited her while she was sewing?
2. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
3. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
4. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
5. What did Mildred dust that surprised Zippy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
2. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
3. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
4. What was Dana's life like at home?
5. Why was Zippy's father at home and playing cards with her one day ?
6. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
7. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
8. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
9. What did Zippy's grandma tell her new daughter-in-law when she was first married?
10. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)