|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Zippy's fourth grade teacher?
(a) Mrs. Denver.
(b) Mr. Piccallo.
(c) Mr.s Holiday.
2. What card game did Zippy's father play with her one afternoon when he was home?
(b) 500 Rummy.
3. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(a) A book.
(c) An orange.
(d) Peppermint candy.
4. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
(d) T.V. guides.
5. What rule did Zippy's father have about cards dealt by a dad?
(a) They should always be worse cards than held by the dad.
(b) Players must accept them.
(c) Players could exchange them.
(d) They should never be Aces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
2. What was Dan committed to?
3. What did Zippy name the dog?
4. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
5. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
2. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
3. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
4. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
5. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
6. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
7. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
8. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
9. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
10. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)