|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
(a) She offered to stay and read a book during lessons.
(b) She brought her dog to the lessons with her.
(c) She told another teacher.
(d) She confronted him directly.
2. What did Zippy trade the hippie couple for to get the dog?
(a) She washed up the dishes.
(d) A cat.
3. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
(d) Her mother.
4. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
(b) Zippy's mom.
(c) Zippy's dad.
(d) Debbie Newman.
5. Why did Dan start playing basketball?
(a) He was fast.
(b) He was tall.
(c) He wasn't very bright.
(d) He was not good at art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Zippy's bedroom?
2. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
3. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
4. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
5. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
2. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
3. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
4. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
5. How did Zippy's father prepare for camping? Why did he always have what he needed?
6. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
7. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
8. What happened to Zippy's grandmother's house? How was it moved? How does the fact that it is on a graveyard affect the story and image of Zippy's grandmother?
9. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
10. What was Sissy's idea of a good Christian and what did Zippy decide to do to become one?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)