|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In a roaster.
(b) In an oven.
(c) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
(d) In a "turkey fryer."
2. What had happened to Mildred's house?
(a) The floor was falling in.
(b) It had been moved by a tornado.
(c) It was painted a bright orange.
(d) It was destroyed in a tornado.
3. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
(c) Her mother.
4. What did Zippy's father lose gambling that belonged to her and only her?
(a) A twenty-five dollar savings bond.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) A dresser from Zippy's room.
(d) Zippy's bracelet.
5. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun did Zippy's dad keep in a shoulder holster.
2. Where did Zippy go to the drive-in movies?
3. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
4. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
5. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
2. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
3. What does the love of crafts say about the time period that Zippy grew up in?
4. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
5. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
6. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
7. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
8. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
9. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
10. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)