|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Zippy's bedroom?
(a) Next to Melinda's.
(b) She shared a room with her sister.
(c) On the back of the house.
(d) She didn't have a proper bedroom.
2. What happened to Dana in the end?
(a) Dana's aunt came and claimed Dana was her daughter.
(b) Dana moved away with her family.
(c) Her mother took her and left town.
(d) Dana left town one night with her dad.
3. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They communicated in Spanish only.
(b) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(c) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(d) They talked in really high voices.
4. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(b) Peppermint candy.
(c) An orange.
(d) A book.
5. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
(a) On the lawnmower.
(b) On a tractor.
(c) On Zippy's bike.
(d) In Zippy's father's truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zippy's fourth grade teacher?
2. What did Zippy name the dog?
3. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
4. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
5. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much did Zippy understand about Dana's parents?
2. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
3. What did Zippy learn about her dad from her adult sister?
4. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
5. What was the significance of the hippies moving into town?
6. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
7. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
8. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
9. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
10. What was Zippy's memory of the drive in theater?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)