|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(b) "Dad will never let her come back."
(c) "It won't be long now."
(d) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
2. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
(a) The baseball games.
(b) Rock and roll music.
(c) Dinah Shore.
(d) Bing Crosby.
3. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) Two cookie sheets.
(b) Mixing bowls.
(c) The roasting pan.
(d) A cheese board.
4. Who was Julie's favorite horse?
5. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They gambled at the riverboats.
(b) The went bowling.
(c) They went to bars to drink.
(d) They went home to get ready for the next day.
6. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
(b) Zippy's father.
(d) Sammy Bellings.
7. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To school.
(c) To the church.
(d) To her sister's house.
8. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(b) They talked in really high voices.
(c) They communicated in Spanish only.
(d) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
9. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
(c) Her mother.
10. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
(a) The year she got the piano.
(b) The year she got a bike.
(c) The year she got the game of Life.
(d) The year she got a car.
11. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
(c) Agnes Johnson.
12. What did Zippy's mom think of Dan's ESP power?
(a) He could read the future.
(b) He could sense danger.
(c) He had a special religious feeling.
(d) He was a blocker.
13. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
(a) She didn't need to in such a small town.
(b) She didn't have a driver's license.
(c) She couldn't hear well and was afraid to drive.
(d) She had an accident and was scared to drive.
14. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
(b) Debbie Newman.
(c) Zippy's mom.
(d) Zippy's dad.
15. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
(b) Her dog.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
2. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
3. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
4. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
5. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)