|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
2. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
3. What had Melinda done to her house after she got married?
(a) She painted it blue.
(b) She set fire to it twice.
(c) She planted a garden.
(d) She kept chickens inside.
4. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) The went bowling.
(b) They gambled at the riverboats.
(c) They went home to get ready for the next day.
(d) They went to bars to drink.
5. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(b) They communicated in Spanish only.
(c) They talked in really high voices.
(d) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
6. What did Zippy's mom get in trouble for in Catholic School?
(a) For wearing her skirts too short.
(b) For skipping classes.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For asking if God left when the candles went out.
7. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
(b) They were not good at their jobs.
(c) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(d) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
8. At the party at Rose of Sharon's house, what gift did Zippy get?
(a) A purse made out of a plastic butter bowl.
(b) Shoes made from Cool Whip containters.
(c) Candles made with milk cartons.
(d) A hat knitted from yarn.
9. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) Two cookie sheets.
(b) Mixing bowls.
(c) A cheese board.
(d) The roasting pan.
10. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
(a) She gave it to her minister.
(b) She kept it for herself.
(c) She gave it to Dave Newman.
(d) She gave it to her dad for father's day.
11. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
(b) Agnes Johnson.
12. Why did the people in Mooreland think Zippy's mother was a Communist?
(a) Because she read all the time.
(b) Because she returned to college.
(c) Because she befriended people of color in the town.
(d) Because she subscribed to Atlantic Monthly.
13. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
(a) She thought he was mean.
(b) He moved her.
(c) She thought he had a beautiful singing voice.
(d) She hated him.
14. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
(b) The Evil Queen.
15. What was Dana wearing her first day at Zippy's school?
(a) A black leather Biker jacket.
(b) A baseball cap.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
2. Why did Dan start playing basketball?
3. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
4. What astrological sign was Zippy?
5. Who in Zippy's family was REALLY adopted as a baby?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)