|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
(a) A stuffed monkey.
(b) A popcorn machine.
(c) A juke box.
(d) An organ,
2. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
(a) She gave it to Dave Newman.
(b) She kept it for herself.
(c) She gave it to her minister.
(d) She gave it to her dad for father's day.
3. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
4. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
5. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
(c) T.V. guides.
6. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They were younger than most of the other parents.
(b) They were Cuban.
(c) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(d) They were older than most of the other parents.
7. What did Zippy's mom think of Dan's ESP power?
(a) He had a special religious feeling.
(b) He could read the future.
(c) He was a blocker.
(d) He could sense danger.
8. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
(a) On the tape recorder.
(b) On T.V.
(c) On her dad's little brown radio.
(d) On the record player.
9. Why did the people in Mooreland think Zippy's mother was a Communist?
(a) Because she returned to college.
(b) Because she read all the time.
(c) Because she subscribed to Atlantic Monthly.
(d) Because she befriended people of color in the town.
10. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
(a) A horn that played music.
(b) Playing cards in the spokes.
(c) Brightly colored streamers.
(d) Brakes on the handle bars.
11. What happened to Dana in the end?
(a) Dana's aunt came and claimed Dana was her daughter.
(b) Dana left town one night with her dad.
(c) Dana moved away with her family.
(d) Her mother took her and left town.
12. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She thought he had a beautiful singing voice.
(c) She thought he was mean.
(d) He moved her.
13. What game were Julie and Dana playing on the playground after school one day?
(a) Monkey bars.
(b) Jump rope.
14. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was made out of silver tinsel.
(b) It was white and rotated on a stand.
(c) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(d) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
15. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
(a) Sophomore in high school.
(d) Fourth grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun did Zippy's dad keep in a shoulder holster.
2. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
3. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
4. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
5. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)