|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(b) "Dad will never let her come back."
(c) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(d) "It won't be long now."
2. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(b) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
(c) It was white and rotated on a stand.
(d) It was made out of silver tinsel.
3. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
(a) On a tractor.
(b) In Zippy's father's truck.
(c) On Zippy's bike.
(d) On the lawnmower.
4. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
(a) Tutored him in history.
(b) Encouraged him to start a fossil collection.
(c) Helped him after school with papers.
(d) Encouraged him to play in the band.
5. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They gambled at the riverboats.
(b) The went bowling.
(c) They went to bars to drink.
(d) They went home to get ready for the next day.
6. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
(a) A juke box.
(b) A popcorn machine.
(c) A stuffed monkey.
(d) An organ,
7. During the big fight between Zippy's parents, what did Zippy's mom ask her father?
(a) "Do you want a divorce?"
(b) "Are you going to hit me?"
(c) "What woman have you been seeing?"
(d) "Are you leaving?"
8. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
(a) Agnes Johnson.
9. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
(a) The year she got a bike.
(b) The year she got a car.
(c) The year she got the game of Life.
(d) The year she got the piano.
10. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
(b) Mr. Sewell.
(d) Doc Holiday.
11. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In an oven.
(b) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
(c) In a roaster.
(d) In a "turkey fryer."
12. What did Zippy do with the dog she got from the hippie couple?
(a) She gave it to Dave Newman.
(b) She kept it for herself.
(c) She gave it to her dad for father's day.
(d) She gave it to her minister.
13. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
(a) Four pair of socks in different colors.
(b) A cookbook.
(c) A bike.
(d) A letter.
14. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
(a) He moved her.
(b) She hated him.
(c) She thought he was mean.
(d) She thought he had a beautiful singing voice.
15. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
2. What was Polly's brother accused of?
3. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
4. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
5. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)