|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
2. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
(a) On the lawnmower.
(b) In Zippy's father's truck.
(c) On a tractor.
(d) On Zippy's bike.
3. Where did Zippy's family keep her pony Tim without permission?
(a) In their own back yard.
(b) Behind the Friends Church in a meadow.
(c) In Tall Oaks campground.
(d) In Zippy's back yard.
4. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(b) They talked in really high voices.
(c) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(d) They communicated in Spanish only.
5. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) Her feet grew four sizes and she wore flip flops all the time.
(c) She outgrew her bicycle.
(d) She grew four inches and outgrew all her clothes.
6. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
(b) Debbie Newman.
(c) Zippy's dad.
(d) Zippy's mom.
7. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
(a) A popcorn machine.
(b) A juke box.
(c) A stuffed monkey.
(d) An organ,
8. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
(a) That all men are stupid.
(b) That marriage is a gift from God.
(c) That a woman has got to make herself absolutely clear, early on.
(d) That religion holds a marriage together.
9. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
(a) Encouraged him to play in the band.
(b) Encouraged him to start a fossil collection.
(c) Helped him after school with papers.
(d) Tutored him in history.
10. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
(b) T.V. guides.
11. What game were Julie and Dana playing on the playground after school one day?
(a) Monkey bars.
(d) Jump rope.
12. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) A cheese board.
(b) Mixing bowls.
(c) The roasting pan.
(d) Two cookie sheets.
13. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
(a) A hole in the road.
(b) A lamppost.
(c) A dog.
(d) The railroad tracks.
14. Who was Julie's favorite horse?
15. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people in Mooreland think Zippy's mother was a Communist?
2. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
3. What did Zippy vomit into a glass where her mother worked?
4. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
5. When Rose got a piano, what did Zippy play on it?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)