|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
(a) That all men are stupid.
(b) That a woman has got to make herself absolutely clear, early on.
(c) That marriage is a gift from God.
(d) That religion holds a marriage together.
2. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
(a) Her homework.
(c) Her friends.
(d) A job.
3. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
(b) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(c) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
(d) They were not good at their jobs.
4. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 year.
5. What did Zippy think of the six of clubs in a deck of cards?
(a) It was girly.
(b) The six was the devil.
(c) It was a boy.
(d) The club was a shovel.
6. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They communicated in Spanish only.
(b) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(c) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(d) They talked in really high voices.
7. What did Zippy vomit into a glass where her mother worked?
(c) Chocolate milk.
8. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
(b) Mildred, Zippy's grandmother.
(c) Zippy's father.
(d) Zippy's grandfather.
9. When Zippy's mom got mad one time at her father, how did she leave the house?
(a) On Zippy's bike.
(b) On a tractor.
(c) In Zippy's father's truck.
(d) On the lawnmower.
10. What did Zippy's mom get in trouble for in Catholic School?
(a) For wearing her skirts too short.
(b) For asking if God left when the candles went out.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For skipping classes.
11. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
(b) Sammy Bellings.
(d) Zippy's father.
12. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
(a) With a string of white lights along the fence.
(b) With a life-sized Santa and Mrs. Clause.
(c) With lighted deer.
(d) With colored bulbs.
13. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
14. What card game did Zippy's father play with her one afternoon when he was home?
(a) 500 Rummy.
15. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
(a) To school.
(b) To her sister's house.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
2. At the Newman's birthday party, who did NOT jump into the corn pile?
3. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
4. What happened to Dana in the end?
5. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)