|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zippy's mother really good at?
(a) Cleaning house.
(d) Reading books.
2. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
3. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
(a) Her friends.
(b) A job.
(d) Her homework.
4. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
(c) Sophomore in high school.
(d) Fourth grade.
5. Where was Zippy's bedroom?
(a) Next to Melinda's.
(b) On the back of the house.
(c) She shared a room with her sister.
(d) She didn't have a proper bedroom.
6. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
(a) Mildred, Zippy's grandmother.
(b) Zippy's grandfather.
(d) Zippy's father.
7. Who was Zippy's fourth grade teacher?
(a) Mr.s Holiday.
(b) Mrs. Denver.
(c) Mr. Piccallo.
8. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
(a) A pile of pineapple.
(b) A pile of dead civilians.
(d) A dirt mound.
9. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
(a) A bowl with a rabbit on top filled with chocolates.
(b) A ceramic box.
(c) A cookie jar.
(d) A rooster.
10. What was Dan committed to?
(b) His family.
11. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) Mixing bowls.
(b) A cheese board.
(c) Two cookie sheets.
(d) The roasting pan.
12. Where did Zippy go to the drive-in movies?
(a) The Nobleman's Film Cinema.
(b) The Skylark.
(c) The Sky-Hi Drive-In Theater.
(d) The Boulevard Theater.
13. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(b) A book.
(c) Peppermint candy.
(d) An orange.
14. Why did the people in Mooreland think Zippy's mother was a Communist?
(a) Because she returned to college.
(b) Because she subscribed to Atlantic Monthly.
(c) Because she befriended people of color in the town.
(d) Because she read all the time.
15. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They gambled at the riverboats.
(b) The went bowling.
(c) They went to bars to drink.
(d) They went home to get ready for the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's father win gambling that belonged to Zippy and only Zippy?
2. At the party at Rose of Sharon's house, what gift did Zippy get?
3. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
4. What did Dan play in the band?
5. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)