|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
(a) A horse.
(d) A ping pong table.
2. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
(b) They were not good at their jobs.
(c) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(d) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
3. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She thought he had a beautiful singing voice.
(c) He moved her.
(d) She thought he was mean.
4. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
(a) She had an accident and was scared to drive.
(b) She didn't need to in such a small town.
(c) She couldn't hear well and was afraid to drive.
(d) She didn't have a driver's license.
5. What grade was Dan in when he started playing basketball?
(a) Fourth grade.
(d) Sophomore in high school.
6. During the big fight between Zippy's parents, what did Zippy's mom ask her father?
(a) "What woman have you been seeing?"
(b) "Are you leaving?"
(c) "Are you going to hit me?"
(d) "Do you want a divorce?"
7. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They gambled at the riverboats.
(b) They went home to get ready for the next day.
(c) The went bowling.
(d) They went to bars to drink.
8. Why did the people in Mooreland think Zippy's mother was a Communist?
(a) Because she subscribed to Atlantic Monthly.
(b) Because she read all the time.
(c) Because she returned to college.
(d) Because she befriended people of color in the town.
9. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In a "turkey fryer."
(b) In a roaster.
(c) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
(d) In an oven.
10. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) She outgrew her bicycle.
(c) Her feet grew four sizes and she wore flip flops all the time.
(d) She grew four inches and outgrew all her clothes.
11. What was Polly's brother accused of?
(a) Killing innocent people in Vietnam.
(b) Killing his commanding officer.
(c) Robbing the gas station.
(d) Killing his wife's boyfriend.
12. What did Zippy think of the six of clubs in a deck of cards?
(a) The six was the devil.
(b) It was girly.
(c) It was a boy.
(d) The club was a shovel.
13. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
(a) With colored bulbs.
(b) With lighted deer.
(c) With a life-sized Santa and Mrs. Clause.
(d) With a string of white lights along the fence.
14. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
15. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
(a) The Evil Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zippy go to the drive-in movies?
2. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
3. What was a Christmas disappointment for Zippy as far as gifts were concerned?
4. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
5. At the Newman's birthday party, who did NOT jump into the corn pile?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)