|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
(a) That marriage is a gift from God.
(b) That a woman has got to make herself absolutely clear, early on.
(c) That religion holds a marriage together.
(d) That all men are stupid.
2. Where did Zippy's family keep her pony Tim without permission?
(a) In Tall Oaks campground.
(b) Behind the Friends Church in a meadow.
(c) In Zippy's back yard.
(d) In their own back yard.
3. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
(a) The baseball games.
(b) Dinah Shore.
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Rock and roll music.
4. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
(c) Her mother.
5. What was Polly's brother accused of?
(a) Killing his wife's boyfriend.
(b) Robbing the gas station.
(c) Killing his commanding officer.
(d) Killing innocent people in Vietnam.
6. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(b) "It won't be long now."
(c) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(d) "Dad will never let her come back."
7. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
(a) Zippy fell on her head and had a concussion.
(b) He twisted her back.
(c) He dislocated her arm.
(d) He broke her knee.
8. What did Zippy vomit into a glass where her mother worked?
(b) Chocolate milk.
9. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
(a) With a string of white lights along the fence.
(b) With a life-sized Santa and Mrs. Clause.
(c) With colored bulbs.
(d) With lighted deer.
10. What did Mildred do when she heard that smoking was bad for her health?
(a) She quit for a year and then started smoking again.
(b) She only smoked four cigarettes a day.
(c) She started drinking instead of smoking.
(d) She never smoked again.
11. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They communicated in Spanish only.
(b) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(c) They talked in really high voices.
(d) They spoke in Pig Latin.
12. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
(b) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(c) They were not good at their jobs.
(d) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
13. What did Mildred dust that surprised Zippy?
(a) Light bulbs.
(c) The dining room table.
14. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) Two cookie sheets.
(b) A cheese board.
(c) Mixing bowls.
(d) The roasting pan.
15. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(a) Peppermint candy.
(c) A book.
(d) An orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dana in the end?
2. What game were Julie and Dana playing on the playground after school one day?
3. What was Dan committed to?
4. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
5. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)