|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson had Zippy's grandmother told Zippy's mom about marriage?
(a) That religion holds a marriage together.
(b) That marriage is a gift from God.
(c) That a woman has got to make herself absolutely clear, early on.
(d) That all men are stupid.
2. What did Mildred dust that surprised Zippy?
(a) The dining room table.
(d) Light bulbs.
3. What was Zippy's father really good at?
4. How did Zippy feel about her brother?
(a) She thought he had a beautiful singing voice.
(b) He moved her.
(c) She thought he was mean.
(d) She hated him.
5. What did Dana's father put in their pristine barn?
(c) A ping pong table.
(d) A horse.
6. Who was Zippy talking to when she had her first big swear?
(b) Her mother.
7. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her dog.
8. What did Zippy record things on?
(a) Her little blue tape recorder.
(b) A CD player.
(c) A film camera.
(d) A transistor radio.
9. What did Zippy's sister say about all the nurses at the hospital?
(a) They were not good at their jobs.
(b) They all had crushes on Zippy's father.
(c) They all were scared of Zippy's mother.
(d) They all thought Zippy was a mess.
10. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
(a) Encouraged him to play in the band.
(b) Tutored him in history.
(c) Helped him after school with papers.
(d) Encouraged him to start a fossil collection.
11. What did the Jarvis's NEVER eat on?
(a) The kitchen counter.
(b) Their laps.
(c) T.V trays.
(d) The dining room table and the breakfast bar.
12. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 14 years.
13. What astrological sign was Zippy?
14. How did Zippy's parents listen to Christmas carols?
(a) On the tape recorder.
(b) On T.V.
(c) On her dad's little brown radio.
(d) On the record player.
15. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(b) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(c) They communicated in Spanish only.
(d) They talked in really high voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zippy go to the drive-in movies?
2. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
3. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
4. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
5. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)