|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zippy's dad cook a turkey?
(a) In a roaster.
(b) In a "turkey fryer."
(c) In a "turkey tent" over a fire.
(d) In an oven.
2. What happened to the beginning of Zippy's ninth summer?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) Her feet grew four sizes and she wore flip flops all the time.
(c) She outgrew her bicycle.
(d) She grew four inches and outgrew all her clothes.
3. What rule did Zippy's father have about cards dealt by a dad?
(a) Players must accept them.
(b) Players could exchange them.
(c) They should always be worse cards than held by the dad.
(d) They should never be Aces.
4. What was Zippy's father really good at?
5. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
(a) Agnes Johnson.
6. What did Zippy think of the six of clubs in a deck of cards?
(a) The club was a shovel.
(b) It was a boy.
(c) The six was the devil.
(d) It was girly.
7. Who was Sissy Bellings' half-brother?
(a) Zippy's father.
(d) Sammy Bellings.
8. What did Dan play in the band?
(d) French horn.
9. What did Zippy vomit into a glass where her mother worked?
(d) Chocolate milk.
10. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
(a) Zippy's grandfather.
(c) Mildred, Zippy's grandmother.
(d) Zippy's father.
11. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) At a departments store in the next town over.
(d) The diner.
12. What astrological sign was Zippy?
13. What did Zippy's Christmas tree look like?
(a) It was made out of silver tinsel.
(b) It was white and rotated on a stand.
(c) It was green spruce bought at the lot on the corner.
(d) It was fake green and crunched up from years of use.
14. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(a) Peppermint candy.
(b) An orange.
(c) A book.
15. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
(a) She could make any food crunch.
(b) She spoke French.
(c) She was a college graduate.
(d) She could cook anything in a crock pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's mom think of Dan's ESP power?
2. What did Zippy overhear Mrs. O'Dell say to Polly?
3. What did the Jarvis's NEVER eat on?
4. What did Mildred dust that surprised Zippy?
5. What was Dan committed to?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)