|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Melinda done to her house after she got married?
(a) She set fire to it twice.
(b) She planted a garden.
(c) She kept chickens inside.
(d) She painted it blue.
2. What did Mildred do when she heard that smoking was bad for her health?
(a) She only smoked four cigarettes a day.
(b) She started drinking instead of smoking.
(c) She quit for a year and then started smoking again.
(d) She never smoked again.
3. What astrological sign was Zippy?
4. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
(b) A pile of pineapple.
(c) A dirt mound.
(d) A pile of dead civilians.
5. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
(a) An orange.
(c) A book.
(d) Peppermint candy.
6. What did Zippy record things on?
(a) A film camera.
(b) Her little blue tape recorder.
(c) A transistor radio.
(d) A CD player.
7. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
(a) She confronted him directly.
(b) She told another teacher.
(c) She brought her dog to the lessons with her.
(d) She offered to stay and read a book during lessons.
8. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
(a) The gas station.
(b) At a departments store in the next town over.
(c) The diner.
(d) The drugstore.
9. What did Zippy also get the year she got the piano for Christmas?
(a) A bike.
(b) A letter.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) Four pair of socks in different colors.
10. What had happened to Mildred's house?
(a) It was destroyed in a tornado.
(b) The floor was falling in.
(c) It had been moved by a tornado.
(d) It was painted a bright orange.
11. What did Mildred dust that surprised Zippy?
(c) Light bulbs.
(d) The dining room table.
12. Who cleaned the house at Dana's house?
(a) Dana's older sister.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Dana's mother.
13. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
(a) Zippy fell on her head and had a concussion.
(b) He dislocated her arm.
(c) He broke her knee.
(d) He twisted her back.
14. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
(b) T.V. guides.
15. What was Zippy's father really good at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
2. After the fall on the way to her brother's house, what did Zippy have embedded in the heel of her foot?
3. What rule did Zippy's father have about cards dealt by a dad?
4. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
5. On the night of her sister's slumber party, what did Zippy think she saw in the trees?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)