|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Melinda done to her house after she got married?
(a) She painted it blue.
(b) She planted a garden.
(c) She kept chickens inside.
(d) She set fire to it twice.
2. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
(a) A bowl with a rabbit on top filled with chocolates.
(b) A ceramic box.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A cookie jar.
3. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They were Cuban.
(d) They were younger than most of the other parents.
4. What was Polly's brother accused of?
(a) Killing his wife's boyfriend.
(b) Killing his commanding officer.
(c) Robbing the gas station.
(d) Killing innocent people in Vietnam.
5. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
6. What one concession did Zippy want on her new bicycle that her father built for her?
(a) A horn that played music.
(b) Brakes on the handle bars.
(c) Playing cards in the spokes.
(d) Brightly colored streamers.
7. Why did Dan start playing basketball?
(a) He was fast.
(b) He was tall.
(c) He wasn't very bright.
(d) He was not good at art.
8. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
(a) A lamppost.
(b) A dog.
(c) The railroad tracks.
(d) A hole in the road.
9. At the Newman's birthday party, who did NOT jump into the corn pile?
10. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
(a) The baseball games.
(b) Rock and roll music.
(c) Dinah Shore.
(d) Bing Crosby.
11. Who was the band teacher for Zippy in the fourth grade?
(a) Doc Holiday.
(c) Mr. Sewell.
12. Who was the undisputed master of hooking rugs in Mooreland?
(a) Zippy's mom.
(c) Debbie Newman.
(d) Zippy's dad.
13. Where did Zippy's family keep her pony Tim without permission?
(a) In their own back yard.
(b) Behind the Friends Church in a meadow.
(c) In Tall Oaks campground.
(d) In Zippy's back yard.
14. What did Zippy think when her mother left one day mad at her father?
(a) "Dad will never let her come back."
(b) "She's going to live with the Newmans."
(c) "She's going to live with the gypsies."
(d) "It won't be long now."
15. What game did Dana and Zippy play when speaking?
(a) They communicated in Spanish only.
(b) They spoke in Pig Latin.
(c) They slurred all the "s" sounds when speaking.
(d) They talked in really high voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dana's parents do after work?
2. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
3. Who was Julie's favorite horse?
4. What was Zippy's father really good at?
5. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)