|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan play in the band?
(b) French horn.
2. What astrological sign was Zippy?
3. What did Zippy's mother ask her to take to her married brother's house for her brother's wife?
(a) A cheese board.
(b) The roasting pan.
(c) Two cookie sheets.
(d) Mixing bowls.
4. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
(a) At a departments store in the next town over.
(b) The diner.
(c) The drugstore.
(d) The gas station.
5. What did Dana steal from Zippy?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her homework.
(d) A job.
6. When Zippy was taking the parcels to her brother's house, what did she hit that made her fall down?
(a) A lamppost.
(b) A dog.
(c) A hole in the road.
(d) The railroad tracks.
7. When Zippy was "stalking good works" whom did she try to help first, describing her as "164 years old"?
(b) Agnes Johnson.
8. Why did Zippy's mother not drive a car?
(a) She didn't need to in such a small town.
(b) She couldn't hear well and was afraid to drive.
(c) She had an accident and was scared to drive.
(d) She didn't have a driver's license.
9. What did Zippy's mom make for Jenny in ceramics class?
(a) A ceramic box.
(b) A bowl with a rabbit on top filled with chocolates.
(c) A cookie jar.
(d) A rooster.
10. Where did Zippy's family keep her pony Tim without permission?
(a) In Tall Oaks campground.
(b) Behind the Friends Church in a meadow.
(c) In their own back yard.
(d) In Zippy's back yard.
11. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(a) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
12. What happened to Dana in the end?
(a) Dana left town one night with her dad.
(b) Dana moved away with her family.
(c) Her mother took her and left town.
(d) Dana's aunt came and claimed Dana was her daughter.
13. Who told Zippy's mom that she was ugly?
(a) Zippy's father.
(c) Mildred, Zippy's grandmother.
(d) Zippy's grandfather.
14. When Rose got a piano, what did Zippy play on it?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll.
(c) He Lives.
(d) Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful.
15. What did Mr. McCutcheon do for Dan?
(a) Helped him after school with papers.
(b) Encouraged him to play in the band.
(c) Encouraged him to start a fossil collection.
(d) Tutored him in history.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the picture taken in Vietnam, what was Polly's brother standing on top of?
2. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
3. Where did Zippy go to find a newspaper to read about Polly's family?
4. Where did the gambling group meet where the owner was found shot dead?
5. How did Shorty Gard decorate their house at Christmas?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)