|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when David Lee was wrestling and threw Zippy?
(a) Zippy fell on her head and had a concussion.
(b) He dislocated her arm.
(c) He twisted her back.
(d) He broke her knee.
2. What did Dana's parents do after work?
(a) They gambled at the riverboats.
(b) They went to bars to drink.
(c) They went home to get ready for the next day.
(d) The went bowling.
3. What did Zippy's mom get in trouble for in Catholic School?
(a) For wearing her skirts too short.
(b) For skipping classes.
(c) For asking if God left when the candles went out.
(d) For talking back to a teacher.
4. What astrological sign was Zippy?
5. What did Melinda ask Zippy about their father when Zippy visited her while she was sewing?
(a) "Can dad come over and work on my sink?"
(b) "Is he working?"
(c) "Did he fix your bike?"
(d) "Is he drinking?"
6. What was unique about Dana's parents?
(a) They had been married and divorced three times to each other.
(b) They were older than most of the other parents.
(c) They were Cuban.
(d) They were younger than most of the other parents.
7. What did Zippy listen to at night when she slept next Dan's room?
(a) Dinah Shore.
(b) Rock and roll music.
(c) The baseball games.
(d) Bing Crosby.
8. What was Zippy and Rose's favorite game to play?
(c) The Evil Queen.
9. What did Zippy record things on?
(a) Her little blue tape recorder.
(b) A transistor radio.
(c) A film camera.
(d) A CD player.
10. Who found Zippy when she fell off her bike on her way to her brother's house?
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
11. What did Zippy's mom put in the cardboard box next to her couch?
(d) T.V. guides.
12. How old was Dan when Melinda was born?
13. Who in Zippy's family was REALLY adopted as a baby?
(a) Zippy's brother.
(b) Zippy's sister.
(c) Zippy's dad.
(d) Zippy's mom.
14. How long did Zippy's family have the dog?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 14 years.
15. Where did Zippy's mother work at for a short time?
(a) At a departments store in the next town over.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) The diner.
(d) The gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent, according to Zippy, did her mother have?
2. What did Zippy's dad tell her he got for Christmas during the Depression?
3. At the party at Rose of Sharon's house, what gift did Zippy get?
4. How did Zippy save Rose from the advances of the music teacher?
5. What did Zippy name the dog?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)