|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
2. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(b) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(c) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
3. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because it would be stupid.
(b) Because no sane person would read it.
(c) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(d) Because a short story was long enough.
4. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
(b) Giving up coffee.
(c) Eating red meat.
(d) Drinking too much beer.
5. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(a) Watching for burglers.
(c) Going fishing.
6. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A cowboy hat and boots.
(b) A red shirt with no collar.
(c) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(d) A leather jacket.
7. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A deformed finger.
(b) A tail.
(c) A cone-shaped head.
(d) Crooked teeth.
8. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
(a) Pearl earrings.
(b) A bag of popcorn.
(c) A green velvet bag.
(d) A ruby necklace.
9. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(c) The Teardrop.
(d) The Driftwood.
10. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(b) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
(c) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(d) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
11. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The barber Tony.
(c) The druggist.
(d) Zippy's father.
12. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(b) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
13. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(b) Four Gas Stations.
(c) A Baskin Robbins.
(d) Betty's Department Store.
14. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) 50 tons.
(b) Approximately 3000 pounds.
(c) The same as a small ship.
(d) Just a few pounds.
15. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
(a) A Bible.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) A whittling knife.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
2. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
3. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
4. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
5. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)