|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
(a) Cracow Ave.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Jefferson Street.
2. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(b) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(c) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(d) She knew how to swing really hard.
3. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
(a) He stood silent in disbelief.
(b) He threw water on her.
(c) He slapped her face.
(d) He yelled at her.
4. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) Approximately 3000 pounds.
(b) 50 tons.
(c) Just a few pounds.
(d) The same as a small ship.
5. Why, according to Zippy's mom, did she and Zippy's father go to visit the gypsies one night?
(a) They wanted to see the gypsy fortune teller.
(b) They were drawn by the preaching wolves.
(c) They wanted to see the live animals.
(d) They knew there would be circus act.
6. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
(a) Wiggled out of her hold.
(b) Bit her.
(c) Ran away from her.
(d) Looked in her eyes.
7. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(a) It had no name.
8. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) About 10 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
9. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(b) The Driftwood.
(d) The Teardrop.
10. Which church was in the middle of town?
(a) Mooreland Friends Church.
(b) St. Joseph.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Community Christian Church.
11. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
(a) The living room.
(b) The study.
(c) The formal dining room.
(d) The breakfast bar.
12. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A Baskin Robbins.
(b) Betty's Department Store.
(c) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(d) Four Gas Stations.
13. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Cream cheese on rye bread.
(d) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
14. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
(a) A ruby necklace.
(b) A green velvet bag.
(c) A bag of popcorn.
(d) Pearl earrings.
15. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
(b) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(c) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(d) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
2. What was Navajo?
3. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
4. Who owned the drugstore in town?
5. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)