|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
2. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A cone-shaped head.
(b) A deformed finger.
(c) Crooked teeth.
(d) A tail.
3. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
4. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
(a) He threw water on her.
(b) He yelled at her.
(c) He slapped her face.
(d) He stood silent in disbelief.
5. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(b) It was nursed to health.
(c) It joined the litter of other piglets.
(d) It usually died after a week or two.
6. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
7. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
(a) Cracow Ave.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Jefferson Street.
(d) Broad Street.
8. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(d) Funny Josie.
9. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
(b) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(c) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
(d) I Need to Feed the Dog."
10. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(b) She didn't know English.
(c) She didn't know how.
(d) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
11. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) About 10 miles.
12. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
(a) She laughed until she cried.
(b) She told Zippy she was very sorry.
(c) She seemed unconcerned.
(d) She cried with Zippy.
13. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
14. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(c) It had no name.
15. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
(b) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(c) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
(d) He Lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
2. How did Zippy get her name?
3. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
4. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
5. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)