|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(b) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
(c) Street lights.
(d) A cemetery and a funeral home.
2. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) The front porch.
(b) In his truck.
(c) From a treehouse in his front yard.
(d) From a swing set in his back yard.
3. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The druggist.
(b) Zippy's father.
(c) The barber Tony.
4. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
(a) Jehovah's Witness church.
(b) The Jewish Synagogue.
(c) Catholic church.
(d) Quaker church.
5. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because no sane person would read it.
(b) Because a short story was long enough.
(c) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(d) Because it would be stupid.
6. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
(b) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(c) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(d) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
7. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(c) Watching for burglers.
(d) Going fishing.
8. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
(a) Chuck the Bouncing Monster.
(c) The Ballerina.
(d) A herd of Elephants.
9. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A Baskin Robbins.
(b) Betty's Department Store.
(c) Four Gas Stations.
(d) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
10. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(a) It had no name.
11. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
(a) She was an adult.
(d) Sophomore in high school.
12. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
(a) A Fry Daddy.
(c) Lots of bread.
13. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) The same as a small ship.
(b) 50 tons.
(c) Just a few pounds.
(d) Approximately 3000 pounds.
14. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(b) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(c) She didn't know how.
(d) She didn't know English.
15. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Gave it to Julie.
(b) Buried it.
(c) Ate it for breakfast.
(d) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which church was in the middle of town?
2. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
3. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
4. What was Navajo?
5. What was Andy's most important talent?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)