|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(a) My Shirley Quilt.
(c) The doggy bed.
2. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Steal them.
(b) Let them out of their cages.
(c) Poison them.
(d) Shoot them.
3. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) His cruel treatment of animals.
(b) He could sing like an angel.
(c) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
(d) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
4. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
5. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
6. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(b) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
(c) He Lives.
(d) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
7. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(b) He was grounded for a whole month.
(c) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(d) He had to apologize to Melinda.
8. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
(b) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(c) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(d) He chuckled.
9. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(b) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
(c) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(d) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
10. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
(b) She was an adult.
(c) Sophomore in high school.
11. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
(a) Witch's Brew.
(b) Stews made out of puppies.
(c) Only vegetables.
(d) Brats with beer.
12. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) Cream cheese on rye bread.
(b) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(c) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
13. How did Zippy's mom refer to Zippy's birth?
(a) As "Our little surprise."
(b) As "A warm day, too hot to think."
(c) As "an afterthought."
(d) As "On Melinda's birthday."
14. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A penny.
(d) It didn't cost any money to vote.
15. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(c) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(d) Tony Bennett.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
2. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
3. What color was Kia's mother?
4. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
5. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)