|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed the official, lifetime certificate making Zippy a member of the Mafia?
(a) Leonardo "The Lion" Gravitano Salvatore.
(b) The Godfather.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Lou Avenger.
2. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
(a) Bit her.
(b) Looked in her eyes.
(c) Wiggled out of her hold.
(d) Ran away from her.
3. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) The front porch.
(b) In his truck.
(c) From a swing set in his back yard.
(d) From a treehouse in his front yard.
4. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A Baskin Robbins.
(b) Betty's Department Store.
(c) Four Gas Stations.
(d) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
5. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
(a) Gracie Allen.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Batsell Barrett Baxter.
(d) Betty White.
6. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(b) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(c) She knew how to swing really hard.
(d) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
7. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was nursed to health.
(b) It usually died after a week or two.
(c) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(d) It joined the litter of other piglets.
8. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
(a) Jefferson Street.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Cracow Ave.
(d) Main Street.
9. Where did Zippy's sister pinch her when she came in late to church?
(a) Her behind just before she sat down.
(b) The tender skin inside the upper arm.
(c) The side of her leg.
(d) He cheeks.
10. How many churches were in Mooreland?
11. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) South of New Manchester.
(b) East of Wichita.
(c) North of Epileptic City.
(d) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
12. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(b) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
(c) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(d) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
13. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
(a) 2000 people.
(b) 600 people.
(c) About 300 people.
(d) A million people.
14. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(b) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(c) She didn't know English.
(d) She didn't know how.
15. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
(a) Only vegetables.
(b) Witch's Brew.
(c) Brats with beer.
(d) Stews made out of puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
2. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
3. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
4. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
5. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)