|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
2. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) Tony Bennett.
(b) Bing Crosby.
(c) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(d) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
3. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(b) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(c) He chuckled.
(d) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
4. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) She owned a color wheel.
(c) She was left-handed.
(d) She had a "good eye" for art.
5. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
6. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew how to swing really hard.
(b) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(c) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(d) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
7. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
(a) The formal dining room.
(b) The breakfast bar.
(c) The study.
(d) The living room.
8. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
(b) The town wasn't around that far back.
(c) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(d) Church records were not kept.
9. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(b) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(c) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(d) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
10. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
(a) Basic truck, Old Spice, Lucky Strikes and gasoline.
(b) Cats and finger nail polish remover.
(c) Fried foods -- especially fish.
(d) Mold, Tile Cleaner, Mr. Clean.
11. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(b) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(d) Cream cheese on rye bread.
12. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
(b) Drinking too much beer.
(c) Eating red meat.
(d) Giving up coffee.
13. What color was Kia's mother?
(b) Dark black.
(c) Snow white.
(d) Charcol Grey.
14. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(b) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(c) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(d) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
15. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A penny.
(b) It didn't cost any money to vote.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
2. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
3. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
4. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
5. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)