|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
(a) A light pink dress with ruffles that she hated.
(b) Pants and a top.
(c) Her winter coat.
(d) A light-blue jumper her mother made.
2. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
(a) He slapped her face.
(b) He threw water on her.
(c) He stood silent in disbelief.
(d) He yelled at her.
3. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A cone-shaped head.
(b) Crooked teeth.
(c) A deformed finger.
(d) A tail.
4. How did Zippy get her name?
(a) After a little chimpanzee her dad saw roller-skating on television.
(b) After a Disney character.
(c) After a character on television who was on the Davy Crockett Show.
(d) After the Zippy lighter fluid that her dad used in his lighter.
5. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
(a) 2000 people.
(b) 600 people.
(c) About 300 people.
(d) A million people.
6. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
(a) A pharmacist.
(b) An antibiotic.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Her parent's best friends.
7. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because no sane person would read it.
(b) Because a short story was long enough.
(c) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(d) Because it would be stupid.
8. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(b) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
9. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
(a) During fair week.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) At Easter.
(d) Over Halloween.
10. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
(a) Bit her.
(b) Looked in her eyes.
(c) Ran away from her.
(d) Wiggled out of her hold.
11. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Striped overalls.
(c) Bowties and suspenders.
(d) Cardigan sweaters.
12. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
(a) Tall Trees.
(b) Quiet Mountain.
(c) Lake of the Ozarks.
(d) Shadow Hill.
13. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
(a) Ring its neck.
(b) Sing to it.
(c) Chase it through the yard with a broomstick.
(d) Feed it.
14. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
15. Who owned the drugstore in town?
(b) Mr. Blandings.
(c) Mr. Sterling.
(d) Doc Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
2. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
3. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
4. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
5. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)