|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(a) Funny Josie.
2. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
(a) A whittling knife.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A cigarette.
3. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(b) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
(c) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
(d) He Lives.
4. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(b) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
5. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
6. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A deformed finger.
(b) A tail.
(c) A cone-shaped head.
(d) Crooked teeth.
7. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(b) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(c) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
8. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
(a) Fried foods -- especially fish.
(b) Mold, Tile Cleaner, Mr. Clean.
(c) Cats and finger nail polish remover.
(d) Basic truck, Old Spice, Lucky Strikes and gasoline.
9. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
(b) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(c) He chuckled.
(d) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
10. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(a) The doggy bed.
(d) My Shirley Quilt.
11. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Bowties and suspenders.
(b) Striped overalls.
(d) Cardigan sweaters.
12. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) Four Gas Stations.
(b) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(c) Betty's Department Store.
(d) A Baskin Robbins.
13. What was Navajo?
(a) Dave Newman's most beloved horse.
(b) The only American Indian in town.
(c) The man who owned the Diner.
(d) The priest at the Catholic church.
14. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
(a) Tall Trees.
(b) Quiet Mountain.
(c) Lake of the Ozarks.
(d) Shadow Hill.
15. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Ate it for breakfast.
(b) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(c) Buried it.
(d) Gave it to Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
2. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
3. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
4. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
5. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)