|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
(a) Sophomore in high school.
(d) She was an adult.
2. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew how to swing really hard.
(b) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(c) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(d) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
3. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(b) Buried it.
(c) Ate it for breakfast.
(d) Gave it to Julie.
4. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(c) Julie Newman.
5. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He chuckled.
(b) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(c) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(d) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
6. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(b) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(c) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
7. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
(a) A whittling knife.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) His cellphone.
8. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(b) Street lights.
(c) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
(d) A cemetery and a funeral home.
9. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
(a) The Ballerina.
(b) Chuck the Bouncing Monster.
(d) A herd of Elephants.
10. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
(a) His money clip and his lighter.
(b) His bowling ball and his gun.
(c) His wallet, his lighter, and his gun.
(d) His briefcase, and his cigarettes.
11. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
(b) A small place for boots.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Just a coat hanger.
12. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) Tall Oaks campground.
(b) The field at the south end of town.
(c) Their back yards.
(d) The church graveyard.
13. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A deformed finger.
(b) Crooked teeth.
(c) A cone-shaped head.
(d) A tail.
14. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) Zippy's father.
(b) The barber Tony.
(c) The druggist.
15. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) North of Epileptic City.
(b) South of New Manchester.
(c) East of Wichita.
(d) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
2. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
3. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
4. Who owned the drugstore in town?
5. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)