|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because a short story was long enough.
(b) Because it would be stupid.
(c) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(d) Because no sane person would read it.
2. Which church was in the middle of town?
(a) Community Christian Church.
(b) Mooreland Friends Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) St. Joseph.
3. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(b) Church records were not kept.
(c) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
(d) The town wasn't around that far back.
4. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
(a) Wiggled out of her hold.
(b) Looked in her eyes.
(c) Ran away from her.
(d) Bit her.
5. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
6. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(b) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
(c) A cemetery and a funeral home.
(d) Street lights.
7. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) South of New Manchester.
(b) East of Wichita.
(c) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
(d) North of Epileptic City.
8. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
(b) He could sing like an angel.
(c) His cruel treatment of animals.
(d) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
9. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(c) It had no name.
10. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(d) Funny Josie.
11. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(b) The doggy bed.
(d) My Shirley Quilt.
12. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
13. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) In his truck.
(b) The front porch.
(c) From a swing set in his back yard.
(d) From a treehouse in his front yard.
14. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(b) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(c) He was grounded for a whole month.
(d) He had to apologize to Melinda.
15. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) About 10 miles.
(d) 16 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
2. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
3. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
4. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
5. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)