|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) It didn't cost any money to vote.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dollar.
2. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Salvation Army.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(b) It joined the litter of other piglets.
(c) It was nursed to health.
(d) It usually died after a week or two.
4. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Ate it for breakfast.
(b) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(c) Buried it.
(d) Gave it to Julie.
5. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) The church graveyard.
(b) Their back yards.
(c) The field at the south end of town.
(d) Tall Oaks campground.
6. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) North of Epileptic City.
(b) East of Wichita.
(c) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
(d) South of New Manchester.
7. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(d) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
8. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
9. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
(a) His wallet, his lighter, and his gun.
(b) His bowling ball and his gun.
(c) His briefcase, and his cigarettes.
(d) His money clip and his lighter.
10. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
(a) A light pink dress with ruffles that she hated.
(b) Pants and a top.
(c) A light-blue jumper her mother made.
(d) Her winter coat.
11. Who did Zippy's dad say was Melinda's real dad?
(a) Slim Jenkins.
(b) Doc Holiday.
(c) Timmy's dad.
(d) Dave Newman.
12. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(b) He Lives.
(c) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
(d) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
13. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(b) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
(c) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(d) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
14. Where did Zippy's sister pinch her when she came in late to church?
(a) Her behind just before she sat down.
(b) The tender skin inside the upper arm.
(c) The side of her leg.
(d) He cheeks.
15. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(b) Church records were not kept.
(c) The town wasn't around that far back.
(d) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
2. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
3. Who owned the drugstore in town?
4. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
5. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)