|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(b) Church records were not kept.
(c) The town wasn't around that far back.
(d) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
2. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(b) He had to apologize to Melinda.
(c) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(d) He was grounded for a whole month.
3. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
(a) He threw water on her.
(b) He yelled at her.
(c) He stood silent in disbelief.
(d) He slapped her face.
4. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(a) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
5. Where did Zippy's sister pinch her when she came in late to church?
(a) Her behind just before she sat down.
(b) He cheeks.
(c) The side of her leg.
(d) The tender skin inside the upper arm.
6. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(b) Funny Josie.
7. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
(a) Every week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every day.
8. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(b) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(c) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
(d) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
9. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(b) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(c) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
10. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
11. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(a) Watching for burglers.
(b) Going fishing.
12. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(b) Cardigan sweaters.
(c) Striped overalls.
(d) Bowties and suspenders.
13. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(b) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(c) Tony Bennett.
(d) Bing Crosby.
14. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(b) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(c) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(d) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
15. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
2. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
3. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
4. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
5. What was Navajo?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)