|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
(a) Sophomore in high school.
(b) She was an adult.
2. Who did Zippy's dad say was Melinda's real dad?
(a) Doc Holiday.
(b) Dave Newman.
(c) Slim Jenkins.
(d) Timmy's dad.
3. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
(a) She laughed until she cried.
(b) She cried with Zippy.
(c) She seemed unconcerned.
(d) She told Zippy she was very sorry.
4. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
(a) A herd of Elephants.
(b) The Ballerina.
(d) Chuck the Bouncing Monster.
5. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Gave it to Julie.
(b) Ate it for breakfast.
(c) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(d) Buried it.
6. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(c) The doggy bed.
(d) My Shirley Quilt.
7. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
(a) She owned a color wheel.
(b) Her red hair.
(c) She was left-handed.
(d) She had a "good eye" for art.
8. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
(b) Church records were not kept.
(c) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(d) The town wasn't around that far back.
9. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) South of New Manchester.
(b) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
(c) East of Wichita.
(d) North of Epileptic City.
10. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
(a) 3 including King.
(c) 67 plus King.
11. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(a) The Driftwood.
(d) The Teardrop.
12. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
13. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
(a) At Easter.
(b) Over Halloween.
(c) During fair week.
(d) At Christmas.
14. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A cowboy hat and boots.
(b) A leather jacket.
(c) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(d) A red shirt with no collar.
15. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A racoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
2. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
3. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
4. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
5. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)