|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
(b) 3 including King.
(c) 67 plus King.
2. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
(a) Betty White.
(b) Gracie Allen.
(c) Batsell Barrett Baxter.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
3. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) She didn't know how.
(b) She didn't know English.
(c) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(d) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
4. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The barber Tony.
(c) Zippy's father.
(d) The druggist.
5. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(b) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(c) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
(d) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
6. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
7. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(b) Tony Bennett.
(c) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(d) Bing Crosby.
8. Why did Melinda win Fair Queen by default?
(a) Carolyn had enlisted in the army.
(b) Carolyn was three months pregnant.
(c) Carolyn was over the age limit.
(d) Carolyn was secretly married.
9. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) It didn't cost any money to vote.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dollar.
10. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(b) Four Gas Stations.
(c) A Baskin Robbins.
(d) Betty's Department Store.
11. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
(a) A bag of popcorn.
(b) A green velvet bag.
(c) Pearl earrings.
(d) A ruby necklace.
12. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
(a) Lots of bread.
(c) A Fry Daddy.
13. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
(b) Darren from Bewitched.
(c) Marcus Welby, M.D.
(d) Telly Savalas.
14. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(a) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
15. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A tail.
(b) A deformed finger.
(c) Crooked teeth.
(d) A cone-shaped head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
2. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
3. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
4. What color was Kia's mother?
5. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)