|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
(c) Lots of bread.
(d) A Fry Daddy.
2. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(b) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
3. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) From a treehouse in his front yard.
(b) In his truck.
(c) From a swing set in his back yard.
(d) The front porch.
4. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
(b) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(c) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(d) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
5. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
(a) She told Zippy she was very sorry.
(b) She laughed until she cried.
(c) She cried with Zippy.
(d) She seemed unconcerned.
6. Who signed the official, lifetime certificate making Zippy a member of the Mafia?
(a) James Bond.
(b) Lou Avenger.
(c) The Godfather.
(d) Leonardo "The Lion" Gravitano Salvatore.
7. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) Wavy and long with bangs.
(b) A long wig.
(c) A Pixie.
(d) Curly and short.
8. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
9. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
(b) He Lives.
(c) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(d) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
10. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Let them out of their cages.
(b) Steal them.
(c) Poison them.
(d) Shoot them.
11. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
(a) Telly Savalas.
(b) Darren from Bewitched.
(c) Marcus Welby, M.D.
12. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A racoon.
13. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
(a) 3 including King.
(c) 67 plus King.
14. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) The field at the south end of town.
(b) Their back yards.
(c) Tall Oaks campground.
(d) The church graveyard.
15. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A penny.
(d) It didn't cost any money to vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zippy's dad say was Melinda's real dad?
2. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
3. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
4. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
5. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)