|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because no sane person would read it.
(b) Because a short story was long enough.
(c) Because it would be stupid.
(d) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
2. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(a) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was nursed to health.
(b) It joined the litter of other piglets.
(c) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(d) It usually died after a week or two.
4. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) His cruel treatment of animals.
(b) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
(c) He could sing like an angel.
(d) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
5. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(b) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(c) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(d) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
6. Who owned the drugstore in town?
(a) Doc Holiday.
(b) Mr. Blandings.
(d) Mr. Sterling.
7. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(b) He chuckled.
(c) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(d) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
8. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(b) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(c) She knew how to swing really hard.
(d) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
9. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
(a) Chase it through the yard with a broomstick.
(b) Ring its neck.
(c) Feed it.
(d) Sing to it.
10. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(a) Funny Josie.
11. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
(a) Her parent's best friends.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An antibiotic.
12. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(a) My Shirley Quilt.
(d) The doggy bed.
13. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
(a) Betty White.
(b) Gracie Allen.
(c) Batsell Barrett Baxter.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
14. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
(a) Mold, Tile Cleaner, Mr. Clean.
(b) Basic truck, Old Spice, Lucky Strikes and gasoline.
(c) Fried foods -- especially fish.
(d) Cats and finger nail polish remover.
15. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A cowboy hat and boots.
(b) A red shirt with no collar.
(c) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(d) A leather jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
2. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
3. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
4. What was Navajo?
5. How many churches were in Mooreland?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)