|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A long wig.
(b) Curly and short.
(c) Wavy and long with bangs.
(d) A Pixie.
2. What color was Kia's mother?
(a) Charcol Grey.
(b) Dark black.
(c) Snow white.
3. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(b) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(c) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
(d) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
4. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A penny.
(d) It didn't cost any money to vote.
5. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) She had a "good eye" for art.
(c) She owned a color wheel.
(d) She was left-handed.
6. What was Navajo?
(a) The only American Indian in town.
(b) The man who owned the Diner.
(c) The priest at the Catholic church.
(d) Dave Newman's most beloved horse.
7. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
(a) Brats with beer.
(b) Only vegetables.
(c) Witch's Brew.
(d) Stews made out of puppies.
8. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
(a) Quiet Mountain.
(b) Tall Trees.
(c) Lake of the Ozarks.
(d) Shadow Hill.
9. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(a) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
10. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
(a) She was an adult.
(c) Sophomore in high school.
11. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
(a) A pharmacist.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Her parent's best friends.
(d) An antibiotic.
12. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(b) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(c) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
13. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) Cream cheese on rye bread.
(b) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
14. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) A small place for boots.
(b) Just a coat hanger.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
15. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(b) She knew how to swing really hard.
(c) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(d) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
2. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
3. Why, according to Zippy's mom, did she and Zippy's father go to visit the gypsies one night?
4. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
5. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)