|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Steal them.
(b) Let them out of their cages.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Poison them.
2. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
(a) His money clip and his lighter.
(b) His wallet, his lighter, and his gun.
(c) His bowling ball and his gun.
(d) His briefcase, and his cigarettes.
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(b) It usually died after a week or two.
(c) It joined the litter of other piglets.
(d) It was nursed to health.
4. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
(a) Feed it.
(b) Sing to it.
(c) Chase it through the yard with a broomstick.
(d) Ring its neck.
5. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(a) Funny Josie.
6. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(b) Julie Newman.
7. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Buried it.
(b) Ate it for breakfast.
(c) Gave it to Julie.
(d) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
8. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
(a) Shadow Hill.
(b) Lake of the Ozarks.
(c) Quiet Mountain.
(d) Tall Trees.
9. Who owned the drugstore in town?
(b) Mr. Sterling.
(c) Mr. Blandings.
(d) Doc Holiday.
10. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(b) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Tony Bennett.
11. What color crayon did the kindergarten teacher give Julie on her first day of class?
12. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
(a) In Thee Oh, Lord.
(b) Poor Wayfaring Stranger.
(c) Baby, I Can Drive Your Car.
(d) He Lives.
13. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(c) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
14. What was Andy's most important talent?
(a) He could sing.
(b) He could whistle.
(c) He could catch a skunk.
(d) He could fire a gun.
15. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to apologize to Melinda.
(b) He was grounded for a whole month.
(c) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(d) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
2. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
3. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
4. Which church was in the middle of town?
5. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)