|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) She didn't know how.
(b) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(c) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(d) She didn't know English.
2. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
(a) A whittling knife.
(b) A Bible.
(c) His cellphone.
(d) A cigarette.
3. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) North of Epileptic City.
(b) East of Wichita.
(c) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
(d) South of New Manchester.
4. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A racoon.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A squirrel.
5. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
(a) An antibiotic.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A pharmacist.
(d) Her parent's best friends.
6. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
(a) 3 including King.
(c) 67 plus King.
7. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A deformed finger.
(b) A cone-shaped head.
(c) Crooked teeth.
(d) A tail.
8. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Bowties and suspenders.
(b) Striped overalls.
(c) Cardigan sweaters.
9. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The barber Tony.
(b) Zippy's father.
(c) The druggist.
10. What was Andy's most important talent?
(a) He could catch a skunk.
(b) He could sing.
(c) He could whistle.
(d) He could fire a gun.
11. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
(a) His wallet, his lighter, and his gun.
(b) His briefcase, and his cigarettes.
(c) His bowling ball and his gun.
(d) His money clip and his lighter.
12. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
(a) Lake of the Ozarks.
(b) Tall Trees.
(c) Shadow Hill.
(d) Quiet Mountain.
13. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
(b) He chuckled.
(c) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(d) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
14. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(b) Gave it to Julie.
(c) Ate it for breakfast.
(d) Buried it.
15. Why, according to Zippy's mom, did she and Zippy's father go to visit the gypsies one night?
(a) They were drawn by the preaching wolves.
(b) They wanted to see the gypsy fortune teller.
(c) They wanted to see the live animals.
(d) They knew there would be circus act.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy get her name?
2. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
3. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
4. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
5. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)