|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because it would be stupid.
(b) Because a short story was long enough.
(c) Because no sane person would read it.
(d) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
2. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
(a) She cried with Zippy.
(b) She laughed until she cried.
(c) She told Zippy she was very sorry.
(d) She seemed unconcerned.
3. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(b) A cowboy hat and boots.
(c) A red shirt with no collar.
(d) A leather jacket.
4. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
(a) Feed it.
(b) Sing to it.
(c) Ring its neck.
(d) Chase it through the yard with a broomstick.
5. Who did Zippy's dad say was Melinda's real dad?
(a) Dave Newman.
(b) Doc Holiday.
(c) Slim Jenkins.
(d) Timmy's dad.
6. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
(a) At Easter.
(b) Over Halloween.
(c) During fair week.
(d) At Christmas.
7. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(b) Funny Josie.
8. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(b) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Cream cheese on rye bread.
(d) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
9. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A Pixie.
(b) Curly and short.
(c) A long wig.
(d) Wavy and long with bangs.
10. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
(a) About 300 people.
(b) A million people.
(c) 2000 people.
(d) 600 people.
11. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
12. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew how to swing really hard.
(b) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(c) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(d) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
13. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(b) My Shirley Quilt.
(d) The doggy bed.
14. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(b) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
15. What did Zippy tell Julie that her neighbor Edythe ate?
(a) Only vegetables.
(b) Brats with beer.
(c) Witch's Brew.
(d) Stews made out of puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
2. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
3. How did Zippy get her name?
4. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
5. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)