|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) His cruel treatment of animals.
(b) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
(c) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
(d) He could sing like an angel.
2. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(b) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(c) She didn't know English.
(d) She didn't know how.
3. Who did Zippy's uncle marry and divorce four times?
(d) Funny Josie.
4. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
(b) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(c) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(d) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
5. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(b) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(d) Cream cheese on rye bread.
6. What was Navajo?
(a) The only American Indian in town.
(b) The priest at the Catholic church.
(c) Dave Newman's most beloved horse.
(d) The man who owned the Diner.
7. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
(a) Pants and a top.
(b) Her winter coat.
(c) A light pink dress with ruffles that she hated.
(d) A light-blue jumper her mother made.
8. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(c) Julie Newman.
9. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
(a) He threw water on her.
(b) He slapped her face.
(c) He stood silent in disbelief.
(d) He yelled at her.
10. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every week.
11. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He chuckled.
(b) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
(c) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(d) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
12. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Cardigan sweaters.
(b) Bowties and suspenders.
(d) Striped overalls.
13. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) A cone-shaped head.
(b) A deformed finger.
(c) Crooked teeth.
(d) A tail.
14. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew how to swing really hard.
(b) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(c) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(d) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
15. How did Zippy get her name?
(a) After a character on television who was on the Davy Crockett Show.
(b) After the Zippy lighter fluid that her dad used in his lighter.
(c) After a Disney character.
(d) After a little chimpanzee her dad saw roller-skating on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
2. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
3. How did Zippy's mom refer to Zippy's birth?
4. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
5. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)