|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) He could sing like an angel.
(b) His cruel treatment of animals.
(c) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
(d) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
2. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(b) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(c) Cream cheese on rye bread.
3. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
(a) A Fry Daddy.
(d) Lots of bread.
4. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Striped overalls.
(c) Cardigan sweaters.
(d) Bowties and suspenders.
5. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(b) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
6. What color crayon did the kindergarten teacher give Julie on her first day of class?
7. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(a) It had no name.
8. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
(a) Feed it.
(b) Sing to it.
(c) Ring its neck.
(d) Chase it through the yard with a broomstick.
9. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(c) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
10. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
(a) Clean their house.
(b) Bring in the mail and newspapers.
(c) Feed the cats.
(d) Dog-sit old Jiggers.
11. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(c) Going fishing.
(d) Watching for burglers.
12. What deformity, according to Zippy's mom, was she born with that they had removed?
(a) Crooked teeth.
(b) A cone-shaped head.
(c) A tail.
(d) A deformed finger.
13. What was Navajo?
(a) The only American Indian in town.
(b) Dave Newman's most beloved horse.
(c) The man who owned the Diner.
(d) The priest at the Catholic church.
14. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
(a) Mr. Sticks.
(b) Minnie Hodson.
(c) Timmy Allen.
(d) Josie Terrance.
15. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
(a) Quaker church.
(b) Jehovah's Witness church.
(c) Catholic church.
(d) The Jewish Synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy get her name?
2. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
3. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
4. Why did Melinda win Fair Queen by default?
5. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)