|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
(a) Dog-sit old Jiggers.
(b) Bring in the mail and newspapers.
(c) Feed the cats.
(d) Clean their house.
2. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Poison them.
(c) Steal them.
(d) Let them out of their cages.
3. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
(a) Jehovah's Witness church.
(b) The Jewish Synagogue.
(c) Catholic church.
(d) Quaker church.
4. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
(b) Giving up coffee.
(c) Eating red meat.
(d) Drinking too much beer.
5. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
6. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
(a) Her parent's best friends.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) An antibiotic.
(d) A nurse.
7. Where did Zippy's sister pinch her when she came in late to church?
(a) He cheeks.
(b) The tender skin inside the upper arm.
(c) The side of her leg.
(d) Her behind just before she sat down.
8. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A racoon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A skunk.
9. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) He could sing like an angel.
(b) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
(c) His cruel treatment of animals.
(d) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
10. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A penny.
(d) It didn't cost any money to vote.
11. What color crayon did the kindergarten teacher give Julie on her first day of class?
12. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
(b) Darren from Bewitched.
(c) Marcus Welby, M.D.
(d) Telly Savalas.
13. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
(a) Bowties and suspenders.
(c) Cardigan sweaters.
(d) Striped overalls.
14. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
(a) The town wasn't around that far back.
(b) The town was annexed by Cleveland in the 1980s.
(c) Church records were not kept.
(d) There are few people left who can reliably tell it.
15. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A Pixie.
(b) Curly and short.
(c) A long wig.
(d) Wavy and long with bangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
2. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
3. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
4. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
5. Who signed the official, lifetime certificate making Zippy a member of the Mafia?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)