|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The druggist.
(c) The barber Tony.
(d) Zippy's father.
2. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A cowboy hat and boots.
(b) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(c) A red shirt with no collar.
(d) A leather jacket.
3. What color was Kia's mother?
(a) Snow white.
(b) Charcol Grey.
(d) Dark black.
4. What color crayon did the kindergarten teacher give Julie on her first day of class?
5. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
6. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(b) He was grounded for a whole month.
(c) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(d) He had to apologize to Melinda.
7. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) She was left-handed.
(c) She owned a color wheel.
(d) She had a "good eye" for art.
8. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
(b) Just a coat hanger.
(c) A small place for boots.
(d) The telephone.
9. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(b) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(c) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(d) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
10. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(b) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(c) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(d) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
11. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
(a) The Jewish Synagogue.
(b) Jehovah's Witness church.
(c) Catholic church.
(d) Quaker church.
12. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A long wig.
(b) A Pixie.
(c) Curly and short.
(d) Wavy and long with bangs.
13. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(a) Watching for burglers.
(d) Going fishing.
14. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(c) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(d) Cream cheese on rye bread.
15. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A dollar.
(b) It didn't cost any money to vote.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A penny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
2. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
3. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
4. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
5. How many churches were in Mooreland?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)