|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: “Apotheoses” — “Afterword”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what firm was the Count's father's clock made to order?
2. In Book 3: "An Afternoon Assignation," the narrator states, "But art is the most unnatural minion of the state. Not only is it created by fanciful people who tire of repetition even more quickly than they tire of being told what to do, it is also vexingly" what?
3. What color is the smoking jacket that the Count wears to celebrate his anniversary of confinement at the Hotel Metropole in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
4. When did Serov paint the portrait of Helena, according to the narrator in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
5. What animals have been set loose on the fourth floor of the Metropol in Book 3: "Antics, Antitheses, an Accident"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room is the Count standing when Book 2: "1926: Adieu" begins?
2. On what day of the week does the Count go for his weekly trim at the hotel barber?
3. Who is the friend that the Count toasts to over Sofia's piano success in Book 4: "1950: Adagio, Andante, Allegro"?
4. At what time does the Count say the performance was scheduled to end in the beginning of Book 4: "1953: Apostles and Apostates"?
5. What do the Count and Sofia have for lunch at the Piazza in Book 3: "Adjustments"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)