|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: “1946” — “Addendum”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book of essays that the Count is reading in the beginning of Book 1: "An Appointment"?
2. What is the name of the "Goliath" that tends to the solitary man in the separate dining room in Book 3: "An Alliance"?
3. What does the Count order at the dining room adjacent to the lobby of the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "An Acquaintanceship"?
(a) Okroshka and filet of sole.
(b) A Caesar salad and potato cakes.
(c) Vichyssoise and veal.
(d) Lamb stew and potatoes.
4. Where is the Count to meet Nina for his appointment in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
(a) The Boyarsky.
(b) Nina's suite.
(c) The Piazza.
(d) The hotel coffeehouse.
5. What do the Count and Sofia have for lunch at the Piazza in Book 3: "Adjustments"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the colonel claim to be in Book 3: "An Alliance"?
2. In Book 3: "Arachne's Art," the narrator asserts, "History is the business of identifying momentous events from the comfort of" what?
3. In what room of the hotel has the Count met with Anna in Book 3: "An Afternoon Assignation"?
4. In what room is the Count standing when Book 2: "1926: Adieu" begins?
5. By whom was the Count raised?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)