|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: “1946” — “Addendum”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a private party held at the Boyarsky in Book 3: "An Alliance"?
(a) In the Blue Room.
(b) In the Red Room.
(c) In the White Room.
(d) In the Yellow Room.
2. Who waits on the Count and Sofia at the Piazza in Book 3: "Adjustments"?
(c) The Bishop.
3. What is the title of the poem that is credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov that opens the novel?
(a) "The Battle Station."
(b) "The Round Table."
(d) "Where Is It Now?"
4. Where is the American general described as being from in Book 3: "Antics, Antitheses, an Accident"?
5. What is the room number to which Anna Urbanova invites the Count to visit her in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
(a) Suite 317.
(b) Suite 208.
(c) Suite 412.
(d) Suite 621.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Germans begin their retreat from Moscow in Operation Barbarossa?
2. Who is the barber of the Metropol Hotel?
3. For what time is the Count's appointment with Nina Kulikova set in the opening of Book 1: "Anyway..."?
4. In Book 3: "Arachne's Art," the author uses a simile in describing Emile. It is stated, "If the kitchen of the Boyarsky is an orchestra and Emile its conductor, then his chopping knife is" what?
5. How old is Nina in Book 2: "1926: Adieu"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)