|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: “1926: Adieu”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture of the Count's comes to infuriate Anna during her train ride in Book 2: "Addendum"?
(a) His having called her a diminutive name.
(b) His having picked up her blouse.
(c) His having made love to her.
(d) His having not sent her a letter.
2. Why does Mr. Halecki call the Count to his office in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) To tell him that he is being evicted from the hotel.
(b) To tell him that the KGB has been asking for him.
(c) To tell him that the staff has been instructed not to use honorifics when addressing him.
(d) To tell him that he is being fired as headwaiter at the Boyarsky.
3. Why does the Count go to see Marina in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) To have his jacket repaired.
(b) To get a shave.
(c) To have his pants repaired.
(d) To get a haircut.
4. Where is the Count planning on meeting with Mishka in the beginning of Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
(a) The Piazza.
(b) The Boyarsky.
(c) The Shalyapin.
(d) The hotel coffee shop.
5. What is the temperature of the ballroom said to be in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) 112 degrees.
(b) 36 degrees.
(c) 91 degrees.
(d) 84 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to fetch the Count to Mr. Halecki's office in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
2. Who is the author of the book of essays that the Count is reading in the beginning of Book 1: "An Appointment"?
3. Where is Katerina Litvinova from?
4. How much money does the lieutenant lose in the narrator's story of the princess's birthday party in Book 2: "1926: Adieu"?
5. Who is the handyman that the Count occasionally shares cups of coffee with on the roof of the Hotel Metropole?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)