|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: “1926: Adieu”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Princess Novobaczky turning on her birthday in the example given by the narrator in Book 2: "1926: Adieu"?
2. What color is the smoking jacket that the Count wears to celebrate his anniversary of confinement at the Hotel Metropole in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
3. Who comes to fetch the Count to Mr. Halecki's office in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
4. What does Count Rostov give as his current address in the court transcript that appears before the opening of Book 1?
(a) Suite 423 at the Hotel Metropol.
(b) Suite 119 at the Hotel Metropol.
(c) Suite 317 at the Hotel Metropol.
(d) Suite 623 at the Hotel Metropol.
5. When the Count enters the ballroom in Book 2: "1926: Adieu," Nina explains that she and her friend are testing the "hypotheses of two renowned mathematicians in a single experiment." Who are the mathematicians being tested?
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Pythagoras and Einstein.
(c) Newton and Galileo.
(d) Einstein and Galileo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Shakespearean play does Dogberry appear, as noted in the allusion in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
2. What bridge does the Count describe Princess Golitsyn's carriage crossing in his story to Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
3. Who is the florist at the Hotel Metropol?
4. What is Anna Urbanova's profession?
5. At what time is the Count crossing the lobby to the Boyarsky when Nina signals to him from behind a potted plant in Book 1: "Around and About"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)