|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: "An Assembly" - "Advent".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the barber of the Metropol Hotel?
2. The Count tells Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..." "Manners are not like" what?
(c) "Gold coins."
3. What verb is called into question in the charter by the members of the meeting in the ballroom in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
4. What does the Count order at the dining room adjacent to the lobby of the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "An Acquaintanceship"?
(a) Okroshka and filet of sole.
(b) Vichyssoise and veal.
(c) A Caesar salad and potato cakes.
(d) Lamb stew and potatoes.
5. By what firm was the Count's father's clock made to order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is manning the front desk at the Hotel Metropol when the Count arrives in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
2. What are the names of the bellhops at the Hotel Metropol?
3. When was Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov born?
4. Who is said to be the current resident of room 317 at the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "Archeologies"?
5. By what affectionate name does the Count refer to the grand dining room off the lobby at the Hotel Metropole?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)