|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: "Anyway..." - "Around and About".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose magical ball of thread led Theseas safely from the lair of the Minotaur, according to the narrator in Book 1: "Around and About"?
2. At what time is the Count crossing the lobby to the Boyarsky when Nina signals to him from behind a potted plant in Book 1: "Around and About"?
3. What are the names of the bellhops at the Hotel Metropol?
(a) Pasha and Petya.
(b) Pavel and Arkady.
(c) Emile and Andrey.
(d) Audrius and Fyodor.
4. What does Count Rostov give as his current address in the court transcript that appears before the opening of Book 1?
(a) Suite 423 at the Hotel Metropol.
(b) Suite 119 at the Hotel Metropol.
(c) Suite 623 at the Hotel Metropol.
(d) Suite 317 at the Hotel Metropol.
5. Who is the barber of the Metropol Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespearean play does the author allude to when describing the Count's appointment in Book 1: "An Appointment"?
2. Who is manning the front desk at the Hotel Metropol when the Count arrives in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
3. What is the title of the poem that is credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov that opens the novel?
4. Where was Princess Golitsyn on her way to a ball in the Count's story to Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
5. Who is the statue of that sits outside the door of room 316 of the Hotel Metropole?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)