|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: "Anyway..." - "Around and About".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what affectionate name does the Count refer to the grand dining room off the lobby at the Hotel Metropole?
(a) The Piazza.
(b) The Idlehour.
(c) The Boyarsky.
(d) The Shalyapin.
2. What are the names of the bellhops at the Hotel Metropol?
(a) Emile and Andrey.
(b) Audrius and Fyodor.
(c) Pasha and Petya.
(d) Pavel and Arkady.
3. What does the Count order at the dining room adjacent to the lobby of the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "An Acquaintanceship"?
(a) A Caesar salad and potato cakes.
(b) Vichyssoise and veal.
(c) Lamb stew and potatoes.
(d) Okroshka and filet of sole.
4. Who is the baron that managed the Hotel Metropole when the Count's godfather was involved in a duel?
5. Who is the florist at the Hotel Metropol?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is the Count crossing the lobby to the Boyarsky when Nina signals to him from behind a potted plant in Book 1: "Around and About"?
2. Who is the fruit seller that Count Rostov calls out to when he is escorted from the Kremlin onto Red Square in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
3. When did Serov paint the portrait of Helena, according to the narrator in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
4. What is the title of the poem that is credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov that opens the novel?
5. For what time is the Count's appointment with Nina Kulikova set in the opening of Book 1: "Anyway..."?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)