|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: "Anyway..." - "Around and About".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the opening of Book 1, there is a poem credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov. What is the year of the poem cited?
2. Where was Princess Golitsyn on her way to a ball in the Count's story to Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
(a) The Chekhovs'.
(b) The Vernots'.
(c) The Tushins'.
(d) The Voltovs'.
3. What are the names of the bellhops at the Hotel Metropol?
(a) Emile and Andrey.
(b) Audrius and Fyodor.
(c) Pasha and Petya.
(d) Pavel and Arkady.
4. Who is the fruit seller that Count Rostov calls out to when he is escorted from the Kremlin onto Red Square in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
5. Who is the afternoon doorman that the Count winks at when he arrives at the Hotel Metropol in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov give as his current address in the court transcript that appears before the opening of Book 1?
2. Who is manning the front desk at the Hotel Metropol when the Count arrives in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
3. Who is the florist at the Hotel Metropol?
4. What bridge does the Count describe Princess Golitsyn's carriage crossing in his story to Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
5. What is the title of the poem that is credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov that opens the novel?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)