|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: "Anyway..." - "Around and About".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the bellhops at the Hotel Metropol?
(a) Pasha and Petya.
(b) Audrius and Fyodor.
(c) Pavel and Arkady.
(d) Emile and Andrey.
2. What does the Count order at the dining room adjacent to the lobby of the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "An Acquaintanceship"?
(a) Okroshka and filet of sole.
(b) Lamb stew and potatoes.
(c) A Caesar salad and potato cakes.
(d) Vichyssoise and veal.
3. How old is Nina when she befriends the Count?
4. Who is manning the front desk at the Hotel Metropol when the Count arrives in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
5. How tall is the Count described as being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant at the Hotel Metropole is described in Book 1: "An Acquaintanceship" as "that fabled retreat on the second floor"?
2. By what firm was the Count's father's clock made to order?
3. Prior to the opening of Book 1, there is a poem credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov. What is the year of the poem cited?
4. The Count tells Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..." that "setting aside the study of the liberal arts," "the rules of being a princess would begin with" what?
5. What Shakespearean play does the author allude to when describing the Count's appointment in Book 1: "An Appointment"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)