|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: “1954: Applause and Acclaim” — “Adulthood”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Katerina Litvinova from?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. Why does Mr. Halecki call the Count to his office in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) To tell him that the KGB has been asking for him.
(b) To tell him that the staff has been instructed not to use honorifics when addressing him.
(c) To tell him that he is being evicted from the hotel.
(d) To tell him that he is being fired as headwaiter at the Boyarsky.
3. What is the name of the "Goliath" that tends to the solitary man in the separate dining room in Book 3: "An Alliance"?
4. What is Anna Urbanova's profession?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is a pianist.
(c) She is a singer.
(d) She is a dancer.
5. What does the Count borrow from Anna in Book 3: "Ascending, Alighting"?
(a) Her passport.
(b) Her pillows.
(c) Her room key.
(d) Her suitcases.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the Count awaken in the beginning of Book 3: "1930"?
2. Who is the director of the Red October Youth Orchestra that visits the Count in Book 4: "1953: Apostles and Apostates"?
3. What gesture of the Count's comes to infuriate Anna during her train ride in Book 2: "Addendum"?
4. In what room is the Count standing when Book 2: "1926: Adieu" begins?
5. On what date was Article 58 of the Criminal Code drafted, according to the narrator in Book 3: "Arachne's Art"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)