|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: “1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary” — “1924: Anonymity”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bridge does the Count describe Princess Golitsyn's carriage crossing in his story to Nina in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
(a) The Russky Bridge.
(b) The Lomonosov Bridge.
(c) The Zhivopisny Bridge.
(d) The Palace Bridge.
2. When was Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov born?
(a) March 12, 1902.
(b) June 12, 1887.
(c) September, 20, 1885.
(d) October 24, 1889.
3. What is the title of the poem that is credited to Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov that opens the novel?
(b) "The Battle Station."
(c) "The Round Table."
(d) "Where Is It Now?"
4. At what time does the narrator describe Count Rostov being escorted through the gates of the Kremlin onto Red Square in Book 1: "1922: An Ambassador"?
5. Who is said to be the current resident of room 317 at the Hotel Metropole in Book 1: "Archeologies"?
(a) Comrade Leplevsky.
(b) Comrade Mindich.
(c) Comrade Tarakovsky.
(d) Comrade Rostov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov give as his current address in the court transcript that appears before the opening of Book 1?
2. Who is holding their second meeting while the Count and Nina spy from the ballroom balcony in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
3. Who is the author of the book of essays that the Count is reading in the beginning of Book 1: "An Appointment"?
4. When the Count is in Halecki's office in Book 1: "An Assembly," he finds a hidden compartment two panels beyond what etching?
5. What does the Count do in order to stop the actress's dogs from chasing the cat in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)