|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: “1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary” — “1924: Anonymity”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ballroom, the narrator says in Book 1: "An Assembly," "Of course, there is now much more canvas than cashmere in the room, more gray than gold. But is the patch on the elbow really that much different from" what?
(a) "The suit and tie?"
(b) "The epaulette on the shoulder?"
(c) "The sceptor and the crown?"
(d) "The crown on the head?"
2. In what Shakespearean play does Dogberry appear, as noted in the allusion in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) All's Well that Ends Well.
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
3. Where did the old blind woman tell Princess Golitsyn she was going to see her son in the Count's story in Book 1: "Anyway..."?
4. How old is Nina when she befriends the Count?
5. In what province does the Count tell Anna he spent a good part of his youth in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
(a) Primosky Krai.
(b) Nizhny Novgorod.
(c) Irkutsk Oblast.
(d) Zabaykalsky Krai.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the Count call the one-eyed cat at the Hotel Metropole?
2. What is the room number to which Anna Urbanova invites the Count to visit her in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
3. What is Anna Urbanova's profession?
4. What color is the smoking jacket that the Count wears to celebrate his anniversary of confinement at the Hotel Metropole in Book 2: "1923: An Actress, an Apparition, an Apiary"?
5. What is Mr. Halecki's first name?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)