|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: “Adjustments” — “Addendum”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waits on the Count and Sofia at the Piazza in Book 3: "Adjustments"?
(d) The Bishop.
2. What gesture of the Count's comes to infuriate Anna during her train ride in Book 2: "Addendum"?
(a) His having called her a diminutive name.
(b) His having not sent her a letter.
(c) His having made love to her.
(d) His having picked up her blouse.
3. What activity does the narrator describe the Count doing in detail in Book 3: "1930"?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Making coffee.
(c) Taking a shower.
4. Why does Mr. Halecki call the Count to his office in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
(a) To tell him that he is being fired as headwaiter at the Boyarsky.
(b) To tell him that the KGB has been asking for him.
(c) To tell him that he is being evicted from the hotel.
(d) To tell him that the staff has been instructed not to use honorifics when addressing him.
5. In Book 3: "Adjustments" the narrator uses a simile in describing Sofia, saying, "When the Count served breakfast, she nibbled her biscuits like" what?
(a) A mouse."
(b) "A rabbit."
(c) "A squirrel."
(d) "A Trappist."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Count's father have his clock commissioned?
2. Who is described as the sous-chef of the Boyarsky in Book 3: "Arachne's Art"?
3. Who is holding their second meeting while the Count and Nina spy from the ballroom balcony in Book 1: "An Assembly"?
4. How much is Sofia described as weighing in Book 3: "Adjustments"?
5. What is Pavel's last name?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)