|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
2. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
3. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
4. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
5. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the phantom. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the phantom in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Catherine, Mr. Hall and Ann. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ann. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)