|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
2. What brings joy to Matty?
3. What does Ann require that Catherine and Matty do?
4. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
5. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and describe the three primary reasons Catherine's diary is special. Compare it to similar famous diaries in history. How do diaries help us understand the past?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ann. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)