|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supervises Catherine's project?
2. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
3. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
4. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
5. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
Essay Topic 1
Sophy has been sent to Lowell, Massachusetts to work in the mills. Explain the mills. What did they manufacture? Why were children sent to work at them? Why is Sophy so distraught at being forced to go?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
A GATHERING OF DAYS is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)