|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
2. What new person does Ann employ?
3. Who visits the Hall family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
There is much symbolism in this story regarding quilts. What do quilts symbolize for Catherine? Cite two examples of symbolism regarding quilts.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)