|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
(d) Barn raising.
2. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
3. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She thinks she is too slow.
(b) She would rather play outside.
(c) She is making too big a mess.
(d) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
4. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Ann spends too much money.
(b) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
(c) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(d) Ann keeps burning every meal.
5. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(b) Mama Holt.
(c) Mother Brody.
(d) Mama Pierce.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
2. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
3. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
4. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
5. What time of year is it when Chapter 10 begins?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)