|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A quilt.
2. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
(a) He is moving the family to Boston.
(b) He is taking a new job.
(c) He is selling the farm.
(d) He is getting married.
3. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
4. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
(b) The widow.
(d) Mrs. Hall.
5. What time of year is it when Chapter 10 begins?
(a) The end of the school year.
(b) Christmas vacation.
(d) The beginning of the school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
2. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
3. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
4. Who supervises Catherine's project?
5. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the boys in the class revolt against the new teacher's severe punishment measures.
2. How does Ann alienate Uncle Jack when he comes for a visit and how does Mr. Hall react?
3. How is the theme of trust exhibited between Asa and Catherine regarding his poem for Sophy?
4. How is trust exhibited between Mr. Hall and Mr. Shipman?
5. Describe the story of the rock slide that killed the Wiley family and the moral that can be told from it.
6. Describe the transition dynamic within the Hall household by this point in time.
7. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Cassie getting cold after swimming?
8. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
9. How do the Shipman and Hall families hold up in the aftermath of Cassie's death?
10. How does Catherine experience change related to the addition of the two new family members?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)