|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
2. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
3. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
4. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(d) Aunt Lucy's.
5. With whom has Daniel made friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
2. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
3. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
4. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
5. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name does Catherine feel comfortable calling Ann?
2. How is trust exhibited between Mr. Hall and Mr. Shipman?
3. What is the irony related to judging in the church?
4. Cite examples that support the theme of loss in Chapter 17.
5. What is the symbolism of the blue bonnet that Catherine wears in Chapter 18?
6. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
7. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Cassie getting cold after swimming?
8. Explain why spring is a metaphor for the new dynamics of the Hall family.
9. What are the circumstances that precipitate Catherine's leaving home?
10. How do the characters begin to find joy again after Cassie's death?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)