|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
(a) Private school.
(b) Church camp.
(c) Aunt Lucy's house.
2. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A dress.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A scrapbook.
3. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new bedroom furniture.
(b) her new dresses.
(c) her new baby brother.
(d) a new mural.
4. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A package.
5. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(a) Mr. Holt.
(b) Mr. Hall.
(c) Mrs. Shipman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
2. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
3. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
4. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
5. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Catherine's comments about quilts?
2. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
3. Describe the transition dynamic within the Hall household by this point in time.
4. What is the emotional turning point for Ann and Catherine's relationship?
5. How does the author use flashbacks to help communicate Catherine's feelings about the death of her mother and baby brother?
6. How does Cassie help Catherine get a new perspective on Ann's arrival?
7. Describe how Ann is becoming both physically and emotionally stronger since her arrival at the Hall household.
8. Describe the story of the rock slide that killed the Wiley family and the moral that can be told from it.
9. Explain why spring is a metaphor for the new dynamics of the Hall family.
10. How does Ann alienate Uncle Jack when he comes for a visit and how does Mr. Hall react?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)