|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
2. Who is the package from?
(a) Curtis/The phantom.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Holt.
3. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
(a) a metaphor.
(c) a flashback.
(d) an analogy.
4. What is the name of Ann's son?
5. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
(b) Mrs. Hallowell.
(c) Mrs. Currin.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings joy to Matty?
2. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
3. What ailment does Cassie develop?
4. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
5. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony related to judging in the church?
2. How does the theme of trust extend to Mr. Hall and Ann?
3. Describe how the boys in the class revolt against the new teacher's severe punishment measures.
4. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Catherine's comments about quilts?
5. Describe the story of the rock slide that killed the Wiley family and the moral that can be told from it.
6. What name does Catherine feel comfortable calling Ann?
7. What is the symbolism of the blue bonnet that Catherine wears in Chapter 18?
8. How does Ann alienate Uncle Jack when he comes for a visit and how does Mr. Hall react?
9. Describe how Ann is becoming both physically and emotionally stronger since her arrival at the Hall household.
10. What is the emotional turning point for Ann and Catherine's relationship?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)