|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Catherine kept her journal?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
2. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(b) Mother Brody.
(c) Mama Holt.
(d) Mama Pierce.
3. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(b) Mrs. Hall.
(d) Mother Ann.
4. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
(a) Raising daughters.
(b) Planting vegetables.
(c) Sewing more dresses.
(d) Living on a farm.
5. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Cassie develop?
2. With whom has Daniel made friends?
3. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
4. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
5. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Cassie getting cold after swimming?
2. What is the symbolism of the blue bonnet that Catherine wears in Chapter 18?
3. What is the emotional turning point for Ann and Catherine's relationship?
4. How does the theme of trust extend to Mr. Hall and Ann?
5. What is the reason for Mr. Hall's delayed return from Boston?
6. Describe how Ann is becoming both physically and emotionally stronger since her arrival at the Hall household.
7. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
8. What name does Catherine feel comfortable calling Ann?
9. Describe the transition dynamic within the Hall household by this point in time.
10. What is the irony related to judging in the church?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)