|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a tornado.
(b) in a rockslide.
(c) in a house fire.
(d) in a flood.
2. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
(b) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
(d) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
3. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
4. Who is the package from?
(a) Curtis/The phantom.
(b) Mr. Holt.
(d) Aunt Lucy.
5. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(a) Mrs. Hall.
(d) Mother Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
2. What new person does Ann employ?
3. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
4. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
5. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters begin to find joy again after Cassie's death?
2. Explain why spring is a metaphor for the new dynamics of the Hall family.
3. What is the emotional turning point for Ann and Catherine's relationship?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Cassie getting cold after swimming?
5. Describe the transition dynamic within the Hall household by this point in time.
6. How does the theme of trust extend to Mr. Hall and Ann?
7. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
8. Describe the story of the rock slide that killed the Wiley family and the moral that can be told from it.
9. What is the symbolism of the blue bonnet that Catherine wears in Chapter 18?
10. How does Ann alienate Uncle Jack when he comes for a visit and how does Mr. Hall react?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)