|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
2. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
3. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(b) Mr. Holt.
(c) Mrs. Shipman.
(d) Mr. Hall.
4. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Ann keeps burning every meal.
(b) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(c) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
(d) Ann spends too much money.
5. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new person does Ann employ?
2. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
3. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
4. What horrible event has occurred in the Southern states?
5. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the emotional turning point for Ann and Catherine's relationship?
2. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
3. How do the characters begin to find joy again after Cassie's death?
4. How is trust exhibited between Mr. Hall and Mr. Shipman?
5. How does Cassie help Catherine get a new perspective on Ann's arrival?
6. How does Catherine experience change related to the addition of the two new family members?
7. Describe how the boys in the class revolt against the new teacher's severe punishment measures.
8. Describe how Ann is becoming both physically and emotionally stronger since her arrival at the Hall household.
9. What is the irony related to judging in the church?
10. Cite examples that support the theme of loss in Chapter 17.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)