|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the incident at school?
(a) Catherine and Matty will change schools.
(b) Daniel was expelled.
(c) Catherine and Matty will be home schooled.
(d) Daniel is sent to the army.
2. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A letter answering Ann's questions.
(c) Handmade lace.
3. Who is Cassie's older brother?
4. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
5. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(a) Aunt Lucy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
2. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
3. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
4. Who supervises Catherine's project?
5. Who visits the Hall family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the transition dynamic within the Hall household by this point in time.
2. How does Catherine experience change related to the addition of the two new family members?
3. What is the irony related to judging in the church?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing related to Cassie getting cold after swimming?
5. How is trust exhibited between Mr. Hall and Mr. Shipman?
6. Explain why spring is a metaphor for the new dynamics of the Hall family.
7. Describe the arrival of Ann and Daniel.
8. How does Ann alienate Uncle Jack when he comes for a visit and how does Mr. Hall react?
9. Cite examples that support the theme of loss in Chapter 17.
10. What is the symbolism of the blue bonnet that Catherine wears in Chapter 18?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)