|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made from the tree sap?
2. How old does Catherine turn in Chapter 8?
3. What issue does Mr. Garrison's newspaper address?
(b) Religious freedom.
(d) Voting rights.
4. How does Mr. Hall react when Catherine tells him about the boys on the thin ice?
(a) He tells her not to worry.
(b) He wants to know their names.
(c) He talks to the boys about the dangers.
(d) He contacts the boys' parents.
5. Catherine, Cassie and Asa wonder if the phantom has found _________________.
(a) a place to stay.
(b) his family.
(c) his way north.
(d) the quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine vow to do about the apparition?
2. From whose home does Mr. Holt move?
3. What new items do the Hall girls need when spring comes?
4. Who do the Shipmans accuse of taking the item from the storeroom?
5. What technique does the author use to provide information about what happened in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Asa's complaint regarding math studies at school?
2. How do Cassie and Asa react to Catherine's spotting of an apparition?
3. What does the quilt left for the phantom symbolize?
4. How does the Hall family spend its first Thanksgiving since the death of Mrs. Hall?
5. Why does Catherine feel so much stress about helping the phantom?
6. What memories and feelings are stirred up as Matty turns 8?
7. What does Catherine tell about her life as she begins her journal?
8. Who becomes ill in the Hall household and who cares for this person?
9. What two instances of flashback are used in Chapter 8?
10. What do Asa and Catherine decide to do when they determine that the phantom is a runaway slave?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)