|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue does Mr. Garrison's newspaper address?
(c) Voting rights.
(d) Religious freedom.
2. What is Catherine's last name?
3. What does Mr. Holt give Catherine permission to do?
(a) Bring her writing book home.
(b) Start a sewing club.
(c) Give a graduation speech.
(d) Produce a play.
4. Who had made the quilt given to the phantom?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Catherine and Cassie.
(c) Mrs. Shipman and Lucy.
(d) Catherine and her mother.
5. What does Catherine see that leads her to her decision on who has taken the item from the storeroom?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A glimpse of the true offender.
(c) A reflection in a mirror.
(d) A big shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Russian Count repay his debt?
2. Catherine tells her father about boys who ________________________.
3. How is the weather in Chapter 5?
4. How do Cassie and Asa respond to Catherine's sighting of an apparition?
5. What type of animals are used to clear the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first journal entry in the book and by whom is it written?
2. What memories and feelings are stirred up as Matty turns 8?
3. Why does Catherine feel so much stress about helping the phantom?
4. What has been stolen from the Shipmans' storeroom and who is accused of the theft?
5. Who becomes ill in the Hall household and who cares for this person?
6. What mystery takes place regarding Catherine's writing book?
7. Who arrives for a visit at the Shipman house and how do Catherine and Cassie enjoy this person's visit?
8. What do Asa and Catherine decide to do when they determine that the phantom is a runaway slave?
9. How does Mr. Hall lose his temper when the question of his marrying Aunt Lucy arises?
10. How is Mrs. Hall remembered at a New Year's celebration?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)